Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the opinion of a structure like this. I know it's light-on in the forward line, but I'm not really happy with the supposedly premo players that are listed there. I'd prefer to see how players are lining up in their sides.

Am I setting myself up to fail or can somebody shed light on why nobody seems to be going with a team like this?
*obviously rookies pending selection.

View attachment 119471

Looks good. Only thing I'd look at doing is putting Saad in defense, taking out Nathan "the spud" Brown and putting in another rookie mid. Would expect that Saad will outdo Brown from day dot.

Not sure how you think your team is particularly different?

It looks fine to me - well apart from my own view that over a mill on rucks is possibly a poor investment this year. But most seem to be doing it

Only way I would get my rucks below $1mill, is to go Minson/NN.

Not sure who else you could be thinking of as keeper status below these 2, not Luey?

Looks good. Only thing I'd look at doing is putting Saad in defense, taking out Nathan "the spud" Brown and putting in another rookie mid. Would expect that Saad will outdo Brown from day dot.
The only thing I'm thinking is the DPP factor. I know there are three bench players in the mids this year so we should be able to cover, but there are still only two in defence....and sometimes s**t just happens.

I will definitely be looking to swap brown for a rookie when selections are finalised though.

Brown gets the vote for back rookie with best JS. Slow burner, good for a 50 average or near abouts. Better than a donut. McKintosh Im not sure about nor the others apart from Saad.

Only way I would get my rucks below $1mill, is to go Minson/NN.

Not sure who else you could be thinking of as keeper status below these 2, not Luey?

No, not Luey.

I'm going with two midpriced rucks. The changes to the ruck scoring, combined with the volatile nature of the top 5 rucks just makes me doubt the security of any money I invest in there. So I've gone for a couple of potential breakouts and will happily upgrade them once a dominant ruckman or two have put their hands up for selection.

Just think the 'set and forget' concept for your rucks made more sense in the Dean Cox days

Think I'm close to finishing the team, is there anything I should be worried with my team?
I have $118,500 left over
Was thinking of going Neale instead of J.selwood which would give me 330,000k

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4
Not sure how you think your team is particularly different?

It looks fine to me - well apart from my own view that over a mill on rucks is possibly a poor investment this year. But most seem to be doing it
Fair enough.

I guess my point was that by spending up for 5 premo midfielders, I'm leaving myself a premo shorter than I have in previous years in the forward line. Given that the midfield is usually packed with more rookies I was wondering if people thought that was a bad idea because i'm relying more heavily on rookies in the forward line.

I could have just been playing like more of a ******* in previous seasons though, my priority is always to win the cash leagues i'm in, and not to compete with the top SC players given I struggle for time a lot of weeks...

There are heaps of great cashcow options in the forwards so this strategy makes sense IMO. My team takes it one step further in fact.

Things could change when the teams are named, but at this stage it looks like the most money is going to be made in the forward line from Clark, Hogan, Salem, Lonie, Lambert, Karnezis, Daniel, etc.

So yeah I like your team but I hope your rucks fail miserably - along with everyone else's :p

There are heaps of great cashcow options in the forwards so this strategy makes sense IMO. My team takes it one step further in fact.

Things could change when the teams are named, but at this stage it looks like the most money is going to be made in the forward line from Clark, Hogan, Salem, Lonie, Lambert, Karnezis, Daniel, etc.

So yeah I like your team but I hope your rucks fail miserably - along with everyone else's :p
Lot of talk Karny is no cert. Disapeared in the second half of the Pies practice game against the tigers seconds.... bloody worry. T Lamb it will be if Karny not named.

I'm new so haven't had a comment history to speak of, sorry guys! I am just getting into Supercoach and looking for feedback on my team.

SupercoachScreencap.png

Yeah it seems unclear whether he's best 22.

The reality is that the structure of our sides may have to change significantly when we see the Round 1 teams - but at this stage I'm running more forward rookies than mid rookies

I'm new so haven't had a comment history to speak of, sorry guys! I am just getting into Supercoach and looking for feedback on my team.

View attachment 119485
Mate in my opinion you need to make a few changes.

DEF: Lumumba I personally wouldn't touch but there is a small argument for him so i'll give you that. Can't see i've even seen Yeo in anyones team before. He's in the price range you want to avoid like the plague unless there is some particular reason you think he will drastically improve. So ask yourself why are you picking him? or did you just pick anyone you could afford? You don't want Brown as your fourth best defender - he will average 50 tops...

MID:Rockliff very pricey. Don't mind Sidebottom though as a POD.

FOR: Ryder - No. But maybe later.

Just my thoughts

View attachment 119485
That backline wont hold up need another scoring player or 2 unsure on Yeo scoring aswell.
Having 5 600k plus players in the mids is too much other lines in this case your backline will suffer rocky over priced imho.
Unsure on ryder with bans etc and scoring with lobbe others in that price likley to score more. and salem to hogan will give you 50k.

Thanks for the feedback - I have looked at changing Rockliff for Beams then changing Yeo to Newnes with the difference.

My thoughts on Ryder are that he has the dual Ruck positioning which could be useful if someone bows out due to injury / has a bye... haven't read up on anyone else thinking that way but maybe that could be my edge!

I'd also take Adcock over Lumumba.

I may be biased as a Pies supporter but I am really surprised by the love for H. It was one NAB game. He has a long history behind him of being largely fantasy irrelevant. He has moved to a club that will lose more games and provide him with fewer quality allies to get the ball to him.

Where are you getting this "one NAB game" from?

Where are you getting this "one NAB game" from?

He got 141 against a bunch of VFL players in Essendon jumpers. I suspect this is why he's become flavoursome.

That is the 'one NAB game' I was referring to

What are your thoughts on the teams posted before yours? All opinions are valid :)

Vandenberg won't be playing.

I'd love to start Rd1 with this version. The Best Mids & Rucks. Obviously weakens Def & Forward lines a bit, but yeah...

View attachment 117797
I would play Lambert on the field before Krak just because he has been elevated to the list and Krak hasnt but other than that jts an awesome squad !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back