Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon its likely that they will get off for lack of sufficient individual evidence but think it just as likely that Dank will get a life ban for injecting the players.

This means that despite there being no bans everyone knows that the players were doped by a club sanctioned program. Its a no lose situation really.

Whatever happens we will always have this wonderful thread to remind us just how up its own ******* a-hole that contemptible *club really is.

If they get off it's a loss for me and a big win for drug cheating in sport.

I don't see how after 2 years of joint investigation the AFL could hand down not guilty on the basis of lack of evidence and not be regarded as a laughing stock.

Systematic club sanctioned cheating??

No no you're free to play.

If they get off it's a loss for me and a big win for drug cheating in sport.
I agree with the latter.

It puts in stone the 'we have a fall guy' defence and the 'we know nozink' defence. As stated previously the code needs to include penalties to clubs where banned substances have been found and used onsite by anyone associated with the club. This needs to change.

I agree with the latter.

It puts in stone the 'we have a fall guy' defence and the 'we know nozink' defence. As stated previously the code needs to include penalties to clubs where banned substances have been found and used onsite by anyone associated with the club. This needs to change.
Its also called, the Sergeant Shultz defence.

I don't see how after 2 years of joint investigation the AFL could hand down not guilty on the basis of lack of evidence and not be regarded as a laughing stock.

Systematic club sanctioned cheating??

No no you're free to play.
The issue is that its about banning individuals, not punishing the club. Therefore there needs to be sufficient evidence against each individual to warrant a suspension regardless of how plainly obvious the club activities were. If they are found guilty, which I am sure they are, then the suspensions should be 2 years with a one year reduction. Anything less is what will cause this to be a laughing stock if a guilty verdict is passed down.

Only realised yesterday that the judges are the same ones who got Barry Hall off a suspension for the AFL so they're darling Swans could win the Grand Final.

Makes me think they'll give the result which best protects the AFLs interests today. ie. No suspension or minimal games suspension.

Last edited:
Either way today is goin. To be so Cann explosive! A guilty verdict will give us a week of celebrations waiting for the sanction part.... I would imagine once the guilty verdict is (if) given WADA/ASADA would have some input on the penalty. If not guilty then the permutations seem even bigger. The truth as to what happened will come out one day, and *hird***** will stink like s**t!

I hope they get at least 7 weeks, so we can post a record winning margin against their hapless VFL team.

I’m half and half. I’d almost prefer that their full strength team comes back and then we beat them – by more than any of the other teams beat the VFL one…

Only realised yesterday that the judges are the sames who got Barry Hall off a suspension for the AFL so they're darling Swans could win the Grand Final.

Makes me think they'll give the result which best protects the AFLs interests today. ie. No suspension or minimal games suspension.

Assuming their is at least some level of guilt, I don't believe that is in any way in the AFL's interests. Taking aside the scumbag club that is involved. If there has been any systemic cheating this needs to be an almighty hammer of Thor such that no club admin or official even thinks about toying with these things ever again. I think we will always have the possibility of an individual player doing the wrong thing a la Crowley or the two Collingwood guys. But the competition's health overall relies on this being an unthinkable act after this decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m half and half. I’d almost prefer that their full strength team comes back and then we beat them – by more than any of the other teams beat the VFL one…

Assuming their is at least some level of guilt, I don't believe that is in any way in the AFL's interests. Taking aside the scumbag club that is involved. If there has been any systemic cheating this needs to be an almighty hammer of Thor such that no club admin or official even thinks about toying with these things ever again. I think we will always have the possibility of an individual player doing the wrong thing a la Crowley or the two Collingwood guys. But the competition's health overall relies on this being an unthinkable act after this decision.

I agree there should be a mighty whack. Most of all for us, seeing we were the ones who got shafted with a final in Perth because of games we lost against a doped up *Essendon side.

But the fact the Afl have been trying to organise bargain deals and reduced setences on the side the whole way through this makes me think they'd rather try and blow this under the carpet and get on with running the comp Then give *Essendon their right whack.

If the players escape sanctions after being involved in systematic doping it'll be the biggest rort in the history of the sport.
Totally agree, just won't be surprised if it happens.

But the fact the Afl have been trying to organise bargain deals and reduced setences on the side the whole way through this makes me think they'd rather try and blow this under the carpet and get on with running the comp Then give *Essendon their right whack.
#AFLIntegrity

It's WHACKING day!!!

This footage was taken of Ben McDevitt yesterday:

homer-simpson-whacking-day-o.gif

I agree there should be a mighty whack. Most of all for us, seeing we were the ones who got shafted with a final in Perth because of games we lost against a doped up *Essendon side.

Than, not then.

Totally agree, just won't be surprised if it happens.
Neither will I.

But if is happens it is just another step closer to AFL no longer being a sport and just being sports entertainment.

Orchestrating outcomes dimenishs integrity.

Neither will I.

But if is happens it is just another step closer to AFL no longer being a sport and just being sports entertainment.

Orchestrating outcomes dimenishs integrity.
#AFLIntegrity

#Lookatthemonkey

My only problem has and will be that if it amounts to nothing, that despite the collateral damage to * hierarchy from that era, there is no tangible disincentive for any club to fiddle around the edges again with this type of stuff in 10-20-30 years.

Fiddle?

F*** just do it outright, and burn the books when you're done.

Only realised yesterday that the judges are the same ones who got Barry Hall off a suspension for the AFL so they're darling Swans could win the Grand Final.

Except that judges hear heaps and heaps of cases and reach different conclusions each time. E.g Henwood was one of the judges that rubbed out Jack Ziebell for attacking the ball and Chris Judd for being Chris Judd in the 2012 match against Carlton.

I'd say the evidence is going to have a lot more influence on their decision than any personal attitudes about stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back