Discussion Hickey and Longer

Remove this Banner Ad

The Longer this thread gets, the more ridHickeylous it becomes.
roll-eyes-e1359647712325.jpeg

I've said it before: imagine this year if we had not got Longer. Hickey gets injured, and we are royally stuffed. At the time, Pierce was also injured (we upgraded a rookie for him, he was that injured!), and we would have had to play Stanley as first ruck (which would have at best stifled his development as a forward, at worst led to serious injury), or had to upgrade Holmes before he could even kick a ball, or play a bunch of talls who aren't ruckmen.

That is the situation that we would have been in, if Pelchen hadn't played with the trade period to perfection.

more importantly we'd be robbed of that avatar

Speaking of Holmes, he was close to playing against Freo, if not for one brain fade in the Sandy game prior to that week.

He also loves his footy; was down watching under 12's because it was the only game on in the local area.
Really? would have been interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey should be in the team next week.Longer tried hard but couldn't compete with Mumford and could go with him when he spread.

Last season Hickey killed Mumford, kicked three goals and these goals won us the game.

Hickey in this week, does the same and we win.

Longer is good, but Hickey is a better prospect

Wrong, Hickey kicked three goals but Mumford was best on ground that game.

Longer battled well...

Don't people remember last time Mummy played us... He had 46 hit outs and 19 touches and a goal. About 150 SC points

Not sure his numbers today, but I reckon he was less influential than that?
It's the reason Kingsley said Billy got picked... To give a better contest vs Mummy. He is a monster, not easy to shift or counter.... So good job Billy IMO

Yet he was beaten by his direct opposite on the day.

Give it up. As it stands right now, Hickey is miles ahead.

Yet he was beaten by his direct opposite on the day.

Give it up. As it stands right now, Hickey is miles ahead.

Absolutely. With Hickey in today instead of Longer we probably win. Hickey has shown how he can compete with Mumford, and how he ran off him to kick multiple goals for us last year. Longer couldn't go with Mumford today. Tried hard but was totally outclassed.

Absolutely. With Hickey in today instead of Longer we probably win. Hickey has shown how he can compete with Mumford, and how he ran off him to kick multiple goals for us last year. Longer couldn't go with Mumford today. Tried hard but was totally outclassed.

last year it was a real strategy game with Hickey making Mumford accountable by running forward. It might have lacked the element of surprise this time. We could have done with one less small forward and played Spencer or Lee IMO.

Btw, Giles kicked 2/4 goals on Hickey in that same game....

I remember because Hickey and Giles were playing on each other towards the end of that first quarter or so, and Hickey floated forward to nab a few, likewise did Giles.
Fair enough I only remember him playing on I think it was Gilbo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back