Preview North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide - 7.10 Saturday April 18 @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like this line-up, even with the unknown factor of Ah Chee. Hope he can impress. Would be good if he's on these guys that finds the higher level easier due to the quality of his teammates. 30 touches pls Brendon, kthx

Expecting our senior guys in Boak, Hartlett, Wingard and Westoff to all step up. Confident we match up well all over the ground, Goldstein in the ruck is an obvious advantage but Ryder will compete hard all day and keep him accountable drifting forward. Slightly worried by their smaller types up forward in Thomas, Higgins, Turner, Harvey and Nahas. Not all A grade players but seem to be the type of crafty players that often cause the damage against us. Waite, Petrie and Brown vs Carlile, Trengove and Hombsch will be a cracker, confident in our talls down back. Bring on Saturday!

Since everything hasn't been quite to plan since the season started maybe we are supposed to have it arse up and flog the roos. If we bring our running and take it on game we should be able to win against all teams. Just bloody do it Port. I'm sick of hating football and the season has only just begun.

I hope i am wrong, but i dreamt we lost by 25 points... 102 -77. I woke up and I was so glad it was a dream (nightmare)

Funny, I dreamt that we thumped them. I woke up and I was so disappointed it was a dream.

I hope Mitchell is the sub. Stoked that Krak and Young are in.

Don't mind that we have reverted back to last years structure (until Lobbe returns) with just the one pure ruck and only the two tall forwards (Schulz and Westhoff). Guess Ken wants some of that run back by bringing in another small. Really hope our intensity and tackling is relentless from start to finish. Must win, let's do this boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was amped for round 1 and 2, about as pumped up as you could get for a minor round clash but for this one i'm really anxious. I'm not even excited about the game at all, more fearful. It's like 2004 Qualifying final type nerves.

I know its only supercoach points but its always a fair indication on the performance of a player and Paddy Ryder has averaged 109.4 SC points since 2010 vs Kangaroos....so he should be fine

:cry:I've doomed myself!
I forgot to check the start time of the match and set a dinner with friends at TGI's 30 minutes before the match starts.

Woe is me.

I hope Mitchell is the sub. Stoked that Krak and Young are in.

Don't mind that we have reverted back to last years structure (until Lobbe returns) with just the one pure ruck and only the two tall forwards (Schulz and Westhoff). Guess Ken wants some of that run back by bringing in another small. Really hope our intensity and tackling is relentless from start to finish. Must win, let's do this boys!
Arch

What would starting Ah Chee as sub achieve?

Having a debutant with mediocre speed come in late, after spending the bulk of the game toey and having to immediately adjust to the higher level with the game potentially on the line?

Surely you'd start him off a HFF and have Mitchell injected for much-needed Q4 legs.

Having a debutant with mediocre speed come in late, after spending the bulk of the game toey and having to immediately adjust to the higher level with the game potentially on the line?

Surely you'd start him off a HFF and have Mitchell injected for much-needed Q4 legs.

Yeah, the logical choice is Mitchell for sub. If Ah Chee starts at HFF, you'd have to feel a bit for Butch.

Yeah, the logical choice is Mitchell for sub. If Ah Chee starts at HFF, you'd have to feel a bit for Butch.
mmm I wouldn't

inb4 El Butcher

Ah Chee plays medium lead up/2nd line crumber when he is up there

maybe there is a match up they can expose (without looking heavily into North's back 6)

I'd also hope to see him in the middle at some stage

mmm I wouldn't

inb4 El Butcher

Ah Chee plays medium lead up/2nd line crumber when he is up there

maybe there is a match up they can expose (without looking heavily into North's back 6)

I'd also hope to see him in the middle at some stage

Butch went back and did what was asked of him at SANFL level - earned a best and a glowing report from Surj. IMO he deserved selection.

Happy to see Ah Chee get a run though - really hoping he makes it.

it'd achieve putting our best side on the park.

As for 4th quarter run, I'm more concerned with winning the first 3 qtrs.

For mine AhChee has to be the sub, but then again I wouldn't have picked him anyway so I say that with anti-play-Ahchee bias.

it'd achieve putting our best side on the park.

As for 4th quarter run, I'm more concerned with winning the first 3 qtrs.

For mine AhChee has to be the sub, but then again I wouldn't have picked him anyway so I say that with anti-play-Ahchee bias.

So as you've acknowledged, if Ah Chee's 'not good enough' to start, why pick him at all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back