Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benalla wouldn't have a lot of competition around them when it comes to getting the kids into their club. Good sized area to work with. Good on them for producing the quality that they have over the years though, but they're also better positioned than a lot of other clubs with how many they have to work with.
If I am correct the junior competition got closed down at the start of last year and now their juniors have to travel to wang ? With the amount of players transiting into their senior side from the previous junior comp, go figure the logic in stopping the junior comp ?

I actually think Stanhope locky and Rushworth players should be considered Rochester locals . GVFL and immediate district clubs should be working together . Echuca during the early 90's when they win multiple flags was built on blokes out of locky , Cohuna , moama some may not have played seniors in the flags but they built the platform .
Personally I think AFL Vic Country should scrap there equalisation plan and bring in a plan which somewhat forces clubs to develop players .
Question for all .
Would you support the GVFL having 2 rounds , 6. & 12 for example . Where all clubs can only play players who have played under 18's at their club or within a club within 50klms . Players can receive permits to join a GV club for those round.
Personally, I reckon it would create alot interest and this biggest crowds of the year. Could also influence where a club finishes on the ladder and may change clubs thinking re developing their own ?
Tend to agree Roar. Rochy and district sides like Lockington, Stanhope, Rushworth and Colbinabbin particlarly have had strong reciprocal relationships over the past 15 years. Young blokes come in and old Tigers go out and Coach and play with these district sides. Been a win, win arrangement over the journey in my experience and how it ought to be.

If I am correct the junior competition got closed down at the start of last year and now their juniors have to travel to wang ? With the amount of players transiting into their senior side from the previous junior comp, go figure the logic in stopping the junior comp ?
Roar I reckon that benalla in last 5 years has developed more players to make murray bushranger list than any other club gvfl,omfnl, mfl ,picola or other leagues by a long way , the loss of their junior comp will hurt them big time in years to come !

Roar I reckon that benalla in last 5 years has developed more players to make murray bushranger list than any other club gvfl,omfnl, mfl ,picola or other leagues by a long way , the loss of their junior comp will hurt them big time in years to come !

But won't that do the opposite Browny? These guys will come back to what is clearly a good and succesful club?

Tend to agree Roar. Rochy and district sides like Lockington, Stanhope, Rushworth and Colbinabbin particlarly have had strong reciprocal relationships over the past 15 years. Young blokes come in and old Tigers go out and Coach and play with these district sides. Been a win, win arrangement over the journey in my experience and how it ought to be.
So Rushworth can expect to have Brown Snake Jake back for the split round this week?

But won't that do the opposite Browny? These guys will come back to what is clearly a good and succesful club?
I don't doubt benalla is a good & successful club , but not having a junior comp in their town will mean fewer juniors will develop a love for footy and play in their latter adult years . I'm sure they will do okay for next few years with home grown products but the river will eventually run dry

Benalla wouldn't have a lot of competition around them when it comes to getting the kids into their club. Good sized area to work with. Good on them for producing the quality that they have over the years though, but they're also better positioned than a lot of other clubs with how many they have to work with.
Good point Leo,we only have Goorambat and Benalla All Blacks in close proximity to us and the league they come from is a long way below GV footy

Interesting that Mansfield have been ordinary first two rounds. Why? Also suspect Seymour might end up finishing best of the rest behind Benalla,
Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two games into the season and we have a split-round.

Brilliant. :thumbsu:
GVFL have been doing this for a long time. BFL do it as well. Here's an idea...let's start pre season later, let people who enjoy cricket play the game (and train for it) and start the season a little later. It wasn't too long ago that blokes played sport all year; tennis/cricket and then footy. Now football at GVFL level demands ten months of the year if you want to play seniors and only twenty-one of ALL of those players will play in a Senior Premiership. Am I missing something or is this why so many of our kids don't come through?

On the basis round 2 is a split round obviously clubs want a bye 2 or 3 weeks into the year .
Why are there games on Anzac Day ?
100 year celebration , rsl ceremony requirements and gate takings prior to 1pm(??) to be given to RSL .
If clubs wanted a bye this early in the year why not all play this weekend and have Anzac weekend off . Surely it is not that difficult .

Been much quieter on here without that clown OTB......love to know who the 'brains' are behind the posts #bizarre
He/she is very problematic ringo. An ordinary and biased commentary on a serious issue. I think investigators are still looking into the incident. Number #14 clearly made contact with Beatie. He did not however run 100 metres to king hit the bloke. Why he hit him? Only Beatie, Anderson and #14 would know. I believe he has called Beatie a couple of days after the incident to apologise.

Based upon OTB or lip servce's history of defending players who assault people (in pubs) I imagine they would be happy with the 'apology'... That said, I noticef Overthebordeders silence on the Briggs incident. No demands for investigations orr vitriolic language directected at Briggs! No kangaroo court!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back