Tom Boyd vs Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks a star in the making, Dees look they have finally got a high draft pick right for once.
He wasn't a draftee though, he was a mini-draftee lol

Maybe that's why he's turned out good so far :p

However Salem and Brayshaw look decent also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always a silly comp. Hogan was always going to star from the start, Boyd is a project.

Why was Hogan always going to be a star? He's been fantastic so far but it's very rare for key forwards to be so good in their first few games. Granted he had a forced year in the reserves but coming off a year out with injury it's even more remarkable he's been so good so early.

Looking forward to the Dees vs Dogs match, whichever round it is. Who'd have said that last year? :D

Hogan wants to win the contest. You can have all draft camp results and stats in the world but its whats inside the player that counts. In that aspect there is 1 player clear ahead.

Why was Hogan always going to be a star? He's been fantastic so far but it's very rare for key forwards to be so good in their first few games. Granted he had a forced year in the reserves but coming off a year out with injury it's even more remarkable he's been so good so early.

Looking forward to the Dees vs Dogs match, whichever round it is. Who'd have said that last year? :D
Football brain, physical maturity, aggression. He wasn't missing anything he needed at 17. Obvious to anyone who saw him in the VFL that he was a total outlier for a young KPF. He reminded me of the young Lance Whitnall as far as knowing where the ball was coming as a teen.

Who's playing better now? Hogan
Who's going to be a better player? At the moment I'd say Hogan. I love watching him play. When he sees a ball heading in the air to a pack I just love his run and jump. Looks like he has a bit of mongrel about him too.

But am I happy we got Boyd? YOU BETCHA! I don't care if we don't have the best forward in the comp, or midfielder or defender or ruckman (although there's no doubt Ayce Cordy is the best ruckman in the comp right now ;-))

As long as we win a premiership sometime soon, nothing else matters.

I don't think you can accuse Boyd of not wanting to win contests.

He was very impressive against the Hawks.
Nah, we ignore that Boyd kicked three goals and took contested marks against the best team in the comp. He just doesn't want to win the footy :drunk:

Don't see the need to compare, I think hogans better at this stage but the best young forward who will be available possibly in the next 5-10 years was snapped up by a team who desperately needed one

Even if Boyd can kick 40 per year every year he will provide invaluable structure for stringer and crameri

I hope this doesn't become a s**t fight between dees and dogs fans because I was wrapped when they got Boyd

He wasn't a draftee though, he was a mini-draftee lol
Maybe that's why he's turned out good so far :p
However Salem and Brayshaw look decent also.

Mini draft had more pressure than the normal annual draft circus. Especially going for a 16/17 year old big guy who hadn't finished growing,
Well documented how badly the Dees have done in early draft picks but the Hogan pick looks to be the start of something new. Saw him locally as a colt at Claremont and it was a bold and brave move by Melbourne to trade for the pick and then take him. Good luck and I hope WCE get a chance to nab him in 2018 as a restricted free agent or 2019 as an unrestricted free agent.:D He would be perfect to take over from Kennedy.

Lets not pump Hogan up to much!!!!! We have been jinxed to many times doing this!!! As Roos says he is competitive and gives 100% effort -does what the coaches expect and no more - kicked 2 goals NOT 10!!! Geez, someone needs to throw a bucket of cold water over the media!!!!!

I am all aboard the hogan hype train, kids already an absolute gun and at the moment its fair to say Hogan is ahead of Boyd in terms of impact.

What I would like to do is to add hogan to boyd and stringer and see the best tall forward setup in the game take off :D. Boyd is pretty lucky that he has a player who should take the best defender off him in Stringer and if teams don't well then they will suffer the consequences like the crows did yesterday.

Dees need to find Hogan a partner but my gosh that kid already draws the best defender and is providing great contests with some gun KPD's. Hogan is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back