AdamE89

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Who do you think is the worst commentator and what do they say that annoys you? For me it is Dwayne Russell. We know the obvious catch phrases by Bruce and BT but I reckon Dwayne is just as bad. Here are a few to get it rolling.....

1. The natives are restless (says it every venue he commentates at)
2. Out of play on the full (Irritates me how he says play instead of bounds)
3. Nails it!
4. Squeeeeeezes it in (it went straight through the middle)
5. The West Coast (hate how he says "the" when he refers to West Coast)
6. Steals it..... Rolls it..... Goals it...
7. Countless irrelevant facts a QTR. For example, what the player would be doing if they were not an AFL player or what the players father made them do after school when they were 10. Just stupid facts that by the time he was done telling us, the ball had gone through 3 different players.

Interesting to see who you think is the worst....

I generally don't hate Bruce like most of BigFooty, but his insane overuse of "off a step" to describe every second kick in a game is very grating. Humans have legs and there's a lot of players on the ground. A lot of kicks are going to be off a step, I'd wager.

I generally don't hate Bruce like most of BigFooty, but his insane overuse of "off a step" to describe every second kick in a game is very grating. Humans have legs and there's a lot of players on the ground. A lot of kicks are going to be off a step, I'd wager.
Haha reminds me of the classic segment on the 12th Man where Max Walker commentates the bowlers action.

Max: Lovely bowling action Simon O’Donnell, just take a look as he moves in now, good grip on the ball, thumb underneath, forefinger and middle finger together on top. Starts his run up left foot first, closely followed by the right, then the left foot again, then the right, then the left and the right and the left and the right again in pretty quick succession. Good side on action, reaches for the heavens with that front arm, looking over the left shoulder the spot he wants to hit on the pitch
Bill: It’s called bowling Max, you dickhead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When richo runs out of s**t stats he seems to say " the spread and run" a lot.
Think you're just salty he was talking about how good Port's spread and run was last night against your mob

Who do you think is the worst commentator and what do they say that annoys you? For me it is Dwayne Russell. We know the obvious catch phrases by Bruce and BT but I reckon Dwayne is just as bad. Here are a few to get it rolling.....

1. The natives are restless (says it every venue he commentates at)
2. Out of play on the full (Irritates me how he says play instead of bounds)
3. Nails it!
4. Squeeeeeezes it in (it went straight through the middle)
5. The West Coast (hate how he says "the" when he refers to West Coast)
6. Steals it..... Rolls it..... Goals it...
7. Countless irrelevant facts a QTR. For example, what the player would be doing if they were not an AFL player or what the players father made them do after school when they were 10. Just stupid facts that by the time he was done telling us, the ball had gone through 3 different players.

Interesting to see who you think is the worst....

Could also throw in dwaynes " parts the seas" when a player scores a goal in congestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back