Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Hawthorn (Out: Frog/In: JMac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Gibson, Turner
In: Wells, Lmac

FB: Firitto - Thompson - Wright
HB: Wells - Tarrant - Lmac
C: Bastinac - Swallow - Wood
HF: Thomas - Waite - Petrie
FF: Nahas - Brown - Harvey
R: Goldstein - Ziebell - Cunnington
I/C: Higgins - Dumont - Jacobs
Sub: Atley
Em: Gibson - Mckenzie - Macmillian
This looks right, Gibson out was the first that came to mind but was struggling for a second out.
Those two changes are what I'd go with also.

I want dumont to play a full game, he has busted his ass and he really deserves it.

We could do with another genuine midfielder instead of yet another flanker in McDonald or McMillan.

If McDonald comes in I want him to tag Lewis.

This is really hard.... Which is really good!!! Possible ins will be Luke, Wells, JMac..... And maybe Hansen (if ready)

I, as most know am probably Turner's biggest fan!!! However I think a rest for him for a week and then one or two in the VFL will be ok for him. So that's one..... We need Gibbo's run against the Hawks so despite a poor game he will hold his spot. Dumont was good with the opportunity he had, but I think back to the VFL and dominate a few games and then get another crack. Jacobs and Basti the perennial drop options both played well. So I think subject to availability

Out: Turner, Dumont
In: Wells, Luke

JMac and Hansen to play 2's and hopefully be available the following week. The next month is so damn important to our season.

Hansen must come in. Was the main reason we won last year against hawthorn.

No need to play 2s. he is needed
Depends on his fitness... NO preseason, and limited game time last week I think. If they think he can run out a game, absolutely get him in there because he is top 3 most important players imo.

Gibson stays for mine, his run will be crucial on what will be a fast game. I'm sure last year we played a shut down role on Isaac Smith which really negated their run. Bastinac was used for this for memory. Could look at doing this again as Smith was a catalyst in there come back against Port.

Gibson stays for mine, his run will be crucial on what will be a fast game. I'm sure last year we played a shut down role on Isaac Smith which really negated their run. Bastinac was used for this for memory. Could look at doing this again as Smith was a catalyst in there come back against Port.

Jacobs played on Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are playing Hawthorn on the rebound.

We need our hardest, most assured team out there.

As good as Jacobs has been the last 2 weeks, if Wells is fit he must play given he is our best midfielder. Turner, despite being subbed off, still had a larger fantasy score than Gibbo.

And there is no way you can drop Dumont off that little cameo. Strong, skilful and the missing piece since Levi left.

MacMillan is almost gone, Jacobs & Wright have gone past him.

I want to see Blacky come in to stretch them.

I'll start with the obvious. Out.....

Jacobs.

Why such an early call?

Well, pretty obvious if I don't say it, someone else will. I'll be making the same call next Wednesday, for the following game too!
JACOBS was one of our best against the Cats, can't just drop him...

If Dumont goes out of the team after that classy, beyond his years cameo performance i will revoke my membership. Make no mistake about it. He deserves his spot. For me Gibson must go back to the VFL. His disposal by foot is despicable and his only real upside is his engine, needs to be dropped. Can't drop Jacobs after his career best two weeks, even though I'm not a fan, and same goes for Bastinac.
Don't get me wrong Kayne 'Sugar' Turner i adore his endeavour but he needs to have a break in the VFL just to regain some of last years form, not so much he gets 'dropped' so to speak but more of a rest.
For me changes should be as follows:
Out: Turner, Gibson
In: Wells, MacMillan (if fit)

will this week be the first time we see more changes from a winning side then a losing side? Possible 3 in, Wells, McDonald McMillian or Hansen

If Dumont goes out of the team after that classy, beyond his years cameo performance i will revoke my membership. Make no mistake about it. He deserves his spot. For me Gibson must go back to the VFL. His disposal by foot is despicable and his only real upside is his engine, needs to be dropped. Can't drop Jacobs after his career best two weeks, even though I'm not a fan, and same goes for Bastinac.
Don't get me wrong Kayne 'Sugar' Turner i adore his endeavour but he needs to have a break in the VFL just to regain some of last years form, not so much he gets 'dropped' so to speak but more of a rest.
For me changes should be as follows:
Out: Turner, Gibson
In: Wells, MacMillan (if fit)
Luke??? Not an in for you?
Don't be shocked if Dumont goes back, he was good, but with the players potentially coming back he could go back to the VFL.

Luke??? Not an in for you?
Don't be shocked if Dumont goes back, he was good, but with the players potentially coming back he could go back to the VFL.
Luke where does he fit in? you don't think Dumont deserves another game??? surely….

Luke where does he fit in? you don't think Dumont deserves another game??? surely….
Mate Luke is a gun, he is straight back in if fit.... It's not even a discussion imo. Yeah Dumont does deserve another game, but if I'm choosing between Wells and Dumont.... I'm rolling with Wells. Gibbo will not get dropped this week.

Mate Luke is a gun, he is straight back in if fit.... It's not even a discussion imo. Yeah Dumont does deserve another game, but if I'm choosing between Wells and Dumont.... I'm rolling with Wells. Gibbo will not get dropped this week.
Gibson is terrible…. did you see his disposal yesterday??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back