Preview Essendon vs Brisbane, Docklands, 24/05/15 @ 1:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him being named Sub is a fairly good indicator he is on the slippery slide out of the team, coming on at half time and only having 7 touches wouldn't have done a lot to impress the coaching staff either.
You missed the fact that he laid 6 heavy tackles, not to mention that he nullified Cunnington who was starring in the first half.

Whats wrong with Zaharakis this season? Always comparing him to Shuey and it has always been tight, but looks to be falling away this season, any reason?
When he first started, he used to take a lot of marks on the forward line, a bit like Monfries. That aspect of his game seems to have disappeared in preference to the running goal out of the midfield. Would be great to see him leading in the forward line and taking marks as a decoy to the tall guys.

You missed the fact that he laid 6 heavy tackles, not to mention that he nullified Cunnington who was starring in the first half.

Gotta do more, if Chapman, Cooney and Zaharakis all come back, who goes out before Howlett? J Merrett has done enough to stay Iin for mine, Zac and Gleeson wont be dropped, Ashby and Langford are two but who else?

When he first started, he used to take a lot of marks on the forward line, a bit like Monfries. That aspect of his game seems to have disappeared in preference to the running goal out of the midfield. Would be great to see him leading in the forward line and taking marks as a decoy to the tall guys.

Thanks. Is he playing midfield or forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is far closer than anyone realises. You guys, by your own admission, aren't in great form and the lions have found our right form the last two weeks. The betting line at 30.5 looks very generous and tbh I reckon we will knock you guys off.

All of Cooney,Chapman,Carlise should play this week probably would have beaten North if those guys were playing.

Last week was probably the best we played for about a month so if we bring that this week we should be able to win but yeah i wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to drop Howlett?

I was watching the replay of the North v Essendon replay tonight.

He and Armbrose are the only hard nuts in the team and out of those 2, Howlett is the only one that plays midfield. Although Melksham occasionally shows glimpses.

If the first half against North, we started like a house on fire with clean possession. Then North started hitting hard in the midfield. Our entire midfield are ball players. They have little if any mongrel in them at all.

Howlett comes on in the 3rd quarter and goes twice as hard as the other Essendon guys and basically catches North by surprise with his level of aggression.... as he did against Swans and Hawthorn. Essendon fights its way back into the game. Without Howlett, Essendon may have lost by a hell of a lot more.

If you want to see how to play North, look at the Hawks v North contested midfield ball. North doesn't like too many Howlett types.. Hawks have an abundance of them.

Because he can't run and he can't kick. Effort is not enough.

This game is far closer than anyone realises. You guys, by your own admission, aren't in great form and the lions have found our right form the last two weeks. The betting line at 30.5 looks very generous and tbh I reckon we will knock you guys off.
Fair enough, I struggle to see how you will score over 60-70 points against us though

We managed it against port, and it's fair to say they're a team with a better recent record than you guys.
We can contain teams scoring, it's hitting the board ourselves which is the problem. Brisbane's backline is very raw, I foresee some Benny Hill moments between both teams in our forward half just depends which unit clicks better on the day.

Don't think Beams will get a free run at it this week either.

We can contain teams scoring, it's hitting the board ourselves which is the problem. Brisbane's backline is very raw, I foresee some Benny Hill moments between both teams in our forward half just depends which unit clicks better on the day.

Don't think Beams will get a free run at it this week either.

Some good kids down there. Clarke, Gardiner, Andrews, developing well.

Our scoring is reliant on our smalls like green, taylor etc.

Beams, Rockliff, Rich, Christenson, Zorko, throw in the young talent of guys like Taylor and Robertson, then the kamikaze Robinson.

We need to seriously respect the Brisbane midfield. If we can draw the midfield we should have too much elsewhere assuming we move the ball with purpose. Let the Bris mids off the leash and we could find ourselves under the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back