Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stated in two other posts that I think Laird is becoming Doughty Like. For me Doughty was a player that the club could rely on in defence. He may not have been a star but I bet he was one of the first picked every week. Laird is showing the same attributes and right now I bet he is also one of the first picked every game and I bet he gets better over the coming years.
I thought Doughty only got to that level after about 150 games.

Long time reader, first time poster...

Obviously my following question will depend on how players fair in the back end of the season, however i am wondering what our list movement will look like at the end of the year. I know, i know, were not even half way through the year yet.

Who do you think will get de-listed?
Who will be offered as trade bait?
Which rookies will be upgraded?

Player retirements:
Reilly (already)
Pods

De-list:
Martin
Shaw (maybe, however i think if he can get his body right, we will give him another year)
Lets say 3 players in total are delisted/retire

Rookie upgrades:
ROB
Kelly
Ramsey (maybe)
Lets say 2 players in total are upgraded

Osborne (from an international rookie to the rookie list)

Trade bait:
Lyons
Van Berlo (i doubt it would happen)
Assuming we trade 1 player for a 2nd/3rd rounder

That leaves us with 2 spots on our main list and 2 on our rookie list. Assuming we trade our first pick for Aish.
We have 1 spot left for the draft and 2 for the rookie draft.

Just my thoughts, but would love to get others.

Long time reader, first time poster...

Obviously my following question will depend on how players fair in the back end of the season, however i am wondering what our list movement will look like at the end of the year. I know, i know, were not even half way through the year yet.

Who do you think will get de-listed?
Who will be offered as trade bait?
Which rookies will be upgraded?

Player retirements:
Reilly (already)
Pods

De-list:
Martin
Shaw (maybe, however i think if he can get his body right, we will give him another year)
Lets say 3 players in total are delisted/retire

Rookie upgrades:
ROB
Kelly
Ramsey (maybe)
Lets say 2 players in total are upgraded

Osborne (from an international rookie to the rookie list)

Trade bait:
Lyons
Van Berlo (i doubt it would happen)
Assuming we trade 1 player for a 2nd/3rd rounder

That leaves us with 2 spots on our main list and 2 on our rookie list. Assuming we trade our first pick for Aish.
We have 1 spot left for the draft and 2 for the rookie draft.

Just my thoughts, but would love to get others.
no way we will only take in 1 live pick at the draft IMO

it it came to that I think you would find that we would cut a bit harder with our delistings.

What would VB be worth as a trade?

Also, what would Wright be worth?

I think the answers to the those questions would be quite informative.

Good questions.

VB - im not to sure.

Wright, i doubt we would trade him Seems like a player Walshy likes. Maybe a 2nd rounder (im no expert though)

What would VB be worth as a trade?

IMG_00194.jpg

They will never trade VB. Not something that you would do to an ex club captain in a club aiming to grow a positive culture. From we understand, the players didn't really want him stood down from being captain. If anything, he will move into a role in the SANFL team at some point down the path.

They will never trade VB. Not something that you would do to an ex club captain in a club aiming to grow a positive culture. From we understand, the players didn't really want him stood down from being captain. If anything, he will move into a role in the SANFL team at some point down the path.

Before or after the bye?

I still hold out hope that VB can solidify a spot in the team in the short term. He's had a year off with an injury, he was always going to be hit a miss early. So far he's been far more miss than hit.

Unless he starts playing better he'll certainly find himself on the outer as younger players develop. Still can't see us ever trading him unless he requested it.

Wright would be a second rounder at absolute best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite sure how to make this trade work -

We downgrade our first to a lower pick and collect a KPD as well. That pick goes to Brisbane for Aish, with some possible pick shuffles later too.

Not sure which team, though.

Ideally it is 10 for 16 and a player, then sixteen for Aish.

But none of those sides have a KPD.

Have GCS activated a second round compo pick?

Not quite sure how to make this trade work -

We downgrade our first to a lower pick and collect a KPD as well. That pick goes to Brisbane for Aish, with some possible pick shuffles later too.

Not sure which team, though.

Ideally it is 10 for 16 and a player, then sixteen for Aish.

But none of those sides have a KPD.

Have GCS activated a second round compo pick?

GCS have an End of First Round Compo pick activated. Pretty sure it's the last one from the concessions era. It'll be around pick 20. Their 2nd Round Pick should be ~ Pick 22.

the one outside mid I would go all out for is Dylan Shiel

If Shiel goes anywhere it would surely be back to SA? Unless Mark Williams' daughter decided she wants to live in Adelaide and Port can't even afford a competitive offer.

One thing I noticed the other day; second year rookies who are offered but decline a third year on the rookie list become unrestricted free agents.

Not likely to land a gun via this method but could nab a young tall or outside mid with promise.

If Shiel goes anywhere it would surely be back to SA? Unless Mark Williams' daughter decided she wants to live in Adelaide and Port can't even afford a competitive offer.

One thing I noticed the other day; second year rookies who are offered but decline a third year on the rookie list become unrestricted free agents.

Not likely to land a gun via this method but could nab a young tall or outside mid with promise.

I did not know that

Makes sense that if they are offered a senior list spot elsewhere that a club can't block their path there simply to keep then on the rookie list. I think this was a rule pre free agency even

would cost good coin but wont need to break the bank

Personally I think it would. While he's young it is pretty obvious to everyone that at worst he will be a gun of the comp, best case an absolute elite player. To get him to go from GWS to the Crows would take an offer that would have to be much higher than what he would be getting offered from all the Victorian clubs that would be chasing him. We need to convince him to do a Kurt Tippett and not go home and instead come to us. That will take a lot.

But personally if we lost Dangerfield and were able to use the money and picks to get Shiel I think that would be a win for us. I see Shiel as being a top 3 midfielder in the AFL in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back