Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What would VB be worth as a trade?

Also, what would Wright be worth?

I think the answers to the those questions would be quite informative.
High third rounder...
Maybe late second at the absolute best

Carlton list management team come seasons end...
View attachment 136288
They signed Murphy, Gibbs and Thomas to 5 year deals, this is on top of long term deals to Warnock and Walker. Then throw in the players they've let go and I've come to the conclusion Trigg must have been doing pro bono work at Carlton for years now.

They signed Murphy, Gibbs and Thomas to 5 year deals, this is on top of long term deals to Warnock and Walker. Then throw in the players they've let go and I've come to the conclusion Trigg must have been doing pro bono work at Carlton for years now.
Id sign Murphy and walker... If the terms were right. Those other three are astonishing (some hindsight used)

Ha! Love it.

Heath Grundy is an unrestricted free agent. Turns 29 next month. 192cm. Norwood boy. Surely swans won't have $ to match an offer (if he asked them to). He's had success and probably would want to top up his super in the next few years, Could be the perfect foil for a few years whilst lever and Kelly develop.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Heath Grundy is an unrestricted free agent. Turns 29 next month. 192cm. Norwood boy. Surely swans won't have $ to match an offer (if he asked them to). He's had success and probably would want to top up his super in the next few years, Could be the perfect foil for a few years whilst lever and Kelly develop.

Thoughts?
Surprised he's 'only' 29. Would have thought he was in his 30s. Anyways... I think he dislikes the crows?

Thoughts?
need a taller defender...we already have options at that height?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a few points.

VB is worth nothing on the trade table. Old, not best 22 and coming back from an Achilles.

Wright...well he's a strange one. I think Grigg could do his job better...for mine he isn't best 22, but may attract a little bit of interest if put on the table.

Reilly and Pods out obviously. I would hang on to Martin for depth. I think we probably should delist Otten but that would be rough on the poor lad so I doubt they'd do it. Shaw is on the chopping block too.

Thompson might retire too, although his form looks ok.

Thoughts?
These are the deals we need to get done. An experienced kpd with premiership success is what were crying out for. Him at fb, talia at chb, lever, kelly and cheney to fill in the other spots and suddenly our backline looks really good.

Just a few points.

VB is worth nothing on the trade table. Old, not best 22 and coming back from an Achilles.

Wright...well he's a strange one. I think Grigg could do his job better...for mine he isn't best 22, but may attract a little bit of interest if put on the table.

Reilly and Pods out obviously. I would hang on to Martin for depth. I think we probably should delist Otten but that would be rough on the poor lad so I doubt they'd do it. Shaw is on the chopping block too.

Thompson might retire too, although his form looks ok.
Delist; shaw, jpod, martin, siggins
Retire; reilly, thompson, vb
Trade; wright, jenkins(if we get good value), (id say one of our young fringe player mids will get a better offer in vic and theyl accept, forcing us to trade).
Otten; cant see us getting rid of him even though hes on his 2nd recon. Hes a valuable defender and at his best is easily best 22. Just hope this op hasnt slowed him down even more.

Priority targets - lachie Henderson and James aish

Plan B - key position player ? and Chris yarran

Also late pick traded for key defensive depth +193cm

If danger leaves better off banking the pick rather than getting a free agent given rance won't be coming here , hopefully danger stays

Delist; shaw, jpod, martin, siggins
Retire; reilly, thompson, vb
Trade; wright, jenkins(if we get good value), (id say one of our young fringe player mids will get a better offer in vic and theyl accept, forcing us to trade).
Otten; cant see us getting rid of him even though hes on his 2nd recon. Hes a valuable defender and at his best is easily best 22. Just hope this op hasnt slowed him down even more.
Would like to see thommo go out on top end of this year , he's amazing but it's Matt crouch time next year

Don't see why people are talkin yarren... He's no Eddie... He might do 2 nice things a match and play s**t the rest.. Like McKernan.

Hell no!!!

You serious??

s**t if you really think that McKernan's AFL credentials even vaguely resembles anything that Yarran has ever put out there I really have to question your judgement of footballers...

Yarren would be a good pick up considering we have lost Yeanch for a long period.
Smith and Yarren running off half back would be great in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back