Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was that fudgesicle doing special comments on the telly? Fella can barely speak.

A crowd slightly over 20,000 must be a tad disappointing considering the game was played at AO because Cooper's Stadium did not have the capacity. Coopers will hold around 16,000 so maybe a sell out crowd at United's home ground would have had more atmosphere than a half full AO?

I never like watching Soccer or Rugby on Cricket or Aussie Rules grounds as the action tends to get lost in the arena. From the tele it looked as if the pitch was sited near the middle rather than to one side as is sometimes the case.

Well done Adelaide United.

I dropped my Foxtel for 6 months and noticed that they have added Fox Sports 4 and 5 which are mainly for the round ball code. FS4 for the EPL and FS5 for La Liga. Tonight La Liga has 4 consecutive games ie 4 x 2hour blocks. The EPL don't that they have 6 or so clash games on at the same time and you have to go to FS 7 and use the interactive button to chose to watch 4 or 5 other games that are on at the same time.

A-League semi finals this weekend kicking off with a Melbourne derby tonight. This should have a bit of spice in it so it is either watch live or IQ and watch after the footy, or earlier if the footy is as lackluster as other Friday Night games this year.

Adelaide United take on Sydney in the other game with a bit of unfriendly banter happening through the media. Typical Graham Arnold though. The last game we played them in Sydney all he did all night was whine to the refs and I am sure he will do it again tomorrow.

Hopefully, a fit Djite and a fitter Carusca can help get us over the line.

Reds 2-0 down at half time, yep better to blow it now than to get humiliated by the victory again. :rolleyes:

I don't know that losing away to a team that finished above you on the ladder is a choke.

But 3-0 now.

I don't know that losing away to a team that finished above you on the ladder is a choke.

But 3-0 now.
Well you do have a point there, but given our awful finals record interstate (7 losses from as many games) & overall, I'm probably right.

As for tonight & the season in general, we only have ourselves to blame, we should've finished higher than 3rd, but those three 2-1 away losses to the bottom 3 sides plus those two home draws against the victory were what cost us a home final this week (& likely the Premiers plate).

I know we've got a playoff spot for next years ACL, but means absolutely nothing if we can't qualify for it via winning silverware in the A-League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does losing finals away from home qualify as a choke?

The Lions are 12-0 in finals at the Gabba. Does that mean every team that has lost to them have choked?

Terrible result last night but I think, in retrospect, that the campaign was over at the time of the Ferreira/Palanca debacle. Fabio's pace would have been handy last night and as it turned out I think we could have retained both on our list.

werner must be a happy chappy this morning with Sunderland surviving the drop following a 0-0 draw with Arse N All

At least what we did to Kane Cornes was not as bad as what Liverpool did to Steve Gerrard. There's no real formula to work out what a 6-1 loss may be similar to in AFL terms but as they have 50% more games and wins by 5 goals happen maybe 20-30 times over the season quite a lot, maybe 90 points? And when it's a battling team over a team that has recently been in Europe that makes it even worse.

I was given a Mexican World Cup shirt a few days ago. It is exactly like a Stoke jumper apart from the fact that it has different sponsors and team badge, no number and the players' name(Bimbo) instead of the major sponsor(Bet365) on the front.

Small mercies, NUFC survived relegation.
I couldn't take that on top of the last few week's PAFC AFL results.
Pretty bad run to get them to that position. Between a home win over Aston Villa and a home win over West Ham they garnered 1 point from a possible 30, including losses to the relegated QPR, their nemesis Sunderland who finished below them and Leicester who were just above them.

Bloody FIFA

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...money-laundering/story-e6frf423-1227371402996

SWISS police have arrested high ranking FIFA officials and plan to extradite them to USA on wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering charges, according to the New York Times.

The authorities made the arrests on Wednesday after arriving unannounced at the Baur au Lac hotel in Zurich ahead of the governing body’s 65th Congress on Saturday (EST).

It is reported that the allegations relate to corruption in relation to the bids for World Cups as well as broadcast and marketing deals.

The exact number of arrests isn’t known, but the New York Times reports that prosecutors will unseal an indictment against more than 10 officials in what is shaping up as the first step in exposing corruption allegations that have plagued FIFA for years.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...money-laundering/story-e6frf423-1227371402996

Pretty bad run to get them to that position. Between a home win over Aston Villa and a home win over West Ham they garnered 1 point from a possible 30, including losses to the relegated QPR, their nemesis Sunderland who finished below them and Leicester who were just above them.
Unfortunately I'm well aware how bad the second half of the season was. Until Mike Ashley decides to leave I can't see the Mags having any great success.

Yep USA are going after FIFA but not after the boys who booked Qatar 2022.

From the Guardian's live reporting
http://www.theguardian.com/football...n-charges-live#block-5565688ae4b0cffd869176a9
16.51 AEST
The 14 people charged – reports
The New York Times is now reporting 14 names of people it says have been charged in the US indictments.
It is not clear how this list corresponds to the six people arrested in Zurich today, although it is believed that Jeffrey Webb and Eduardo Li were among those taken into custody:The 14 people are:

Fifa
  • Jeffrey Webb
  • Eugenio Figueredo
  • Jack Warner
  • Eduardo Li
  • Julio Rocha
  • Costas Takkas
  • Rafael Esquivel
  • José Maria Marin
  • Nicolás Leoz
Others
The New York Times says charges “were also expected against” sports marketing executives Alejandro Burzaco, Aaron Davidson, Hugo Jinkis and Mariano Jinkis. It said José Margulies has also been charged for allegedly facilitating illegal payments.

17.27 EST
What we know so far
• 24 hours before the start of Fifa’s Congress in Zurich, six senior Fifa officials have been arrested in early-morning raids by Swiss authorities - with 14 people understood to be facing corruption charges worldwide. Officers carried out the dawn raid at the five star Baur au Lac hotel in Zurich, with the Fifa vice-president Jeffrey Webb understood to be among the six detained.

Sepp Blatter was not one of those arrested. Fifa’s spokesman Walter de Gregorio told the Associated Press: “He is not involved at all.”

• The Swiss Federal Office of Justice said the officials were arrested pending extradition to the US on suspicion of receiving bribes totalling $100m. The New York Times reported that the charges arising from an FBI inquiry include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, with the US Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch due to hold a news conference later on Wednesday.

17.33 AEST
The Guardian’s Owen Gibson is outside the hotel – he was inside it until the press were cleared out “to protect the privacy of our guests”. Fifa are due to hold a press conference at 10am, with no word yet on whether Blatter will be there.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...n-charges-live#block-5565688ae4b0cffd869176a9

11 am Swiss time = 10am British Time which is what article means = 6.30 Adelaide time.

Unfortunately I'm well aware how bad the second half of the season was. Until Mike Ashley decides to leave I can't see the Mags having any great success.
I once read a British comic with a joke where they told how how to make a Newcastle bandwagon with special instructions on how to make the wheels start to fall off in February.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back