Review R12: Dees v The Cats - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect Joel Selwood as a player, but gee he is a sook. Last year having a crack at Viney after the final siren went, kept sooking at him today. Viney smashing him just made me so happy :D
The Viney love needs to grow to significant levels again. He's playing fantastic footy. The brick with eyes!!!

simply unbelievable - was staggered listening to the game - dunn must have played some sort of blinder - they never ever lose down there - absolutely rapped for your mob - brilliant :thumbsu:

ps: might be brayshaw v cripps for the rs - kids a beast

Last edited:
This was a deadset disgrace.
I guess they are used to winning so they expect it and that is what has made the club good. Let's face it we would stay after a loss because that is what we do 18 times a season, and we would cheer if someone played 300 games because only one person ever has. Hard to know what we might do if we were in Geelong fans' positions (but I wouldn't mind finding out).

simply unbelievable - was staggered listening to the game - dunn must have played some sort of blinder - they never ever lose down there - absolutely rapped for your mob - brilliant :thumbsu:
Thanks for the credit, but they have played there four times this year with a solitary victory over Gold Coast, lost to Fremantle, North and Melbourne.

I guess they are used to winning so they expect it and that is what has made the club good. Let's face it we would stay after a loss because that is what we do 18 times a season, and we would cheer if someone played 300 games because only one person ever has. Hard to know what we might do if we were in Geelong fans' positions (but I wouldn't mind finding out).

If they had were a dual B&F winner, a triple premiership player and a number of other awards whilst playing for my club, you can be damn sure I'd stay and clap that guy off, and I think any real fan would do the same.

If they had were a dual B&F winner, a triple premiership player and a number of other awards whilst playing for my club, you can be damn sure I'd stay and clap that guy off, and I think any real fan would do the same.
But they aren't though. I was saying it earlier in the year when Kardinia was half full for the GC game down there. and they weren't playing well. They are the epitome of fair weather supporters. Arrogant players too. Remember Kelly (or was it Corey) 'sleeping' through one of their post match songs?

You could tell they (all of Geelong - the club and the players) just expected today to happen. For once, we didn't oblige

I respect Joel Selwood as a player, but gee he is a sook. Last year having a crack at Viney after the final siren went, kept sooking at him today. Viney smashing him just made me so happy :D
Apparently, and this is just a rumour so i wouldn't get uppity about it. but Selwood apparently said to jones that he is the worst captain in the AFL, then jones pointed at the scoreboard. Not sure if that is true or not though

Good
If you listen to Chris Scott's presser and concentrate on the compliments he gives us rather than the possible slights (and they are really slight) there is a lot to be positive about,

"they were excellent around the ball",
"they just dominated around the ball and around the contest",
"they were much better than us",
"took their opportunities",
"it was a pretty contested, tight game...they played a pretty one on one game. The game was won and lost around the contest and when you just get smashed around the ball as comprehensively as we did..."

I was at the G last year and we barely touched the football against Geelong. This is a turnaround that has their coach this year sounding like our coach last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, I hope we can all find out.

Best: Keeping the Cats out of the 8. They would've thought "hell yeah, get in the 8 with %!". Nekkminnit........
You've got bigger fish to fry, bigger enjoyments than that.
The 8 is way off the agenda for a long while, for us. Not because you hammered us, but that exemplifies where our teams are headed.

Only saw the last quarter but nothing in the fugly section. All good going into the bye. Been a good day - came from 2-0 down to beat the top team 7-2 at soccer today and roast lamb is about to appear on the table.

Also, Proper Gander we all love you too.
Did they stop playing at 2 nil up to watch the real footy?

Our best victory since the Elimination Final 2006. And we beat those ******* Handbaggers at the ******* Handbaggery with all those morons watching the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to rain on your parade there Biffinator, apparently there's been a huge mistake + the mighty Geelong Cats actually won - well, according to Ch9

CIArqHPUMAACZoR.jpg

:p :D ;)

But seriously, congratulations on your win, you demolished us in all areas + kudos to your players + to Roos. I'm pretty sure that Jim Stynes, Dean Bailey + my Dad are up there in Heaven, having a few quiet whiskeys + feeling very proud of your Boyz :thumbsu:

On par with the win itself!

Viney has quietly gone about a few very nice jobs in the games since his return. He's coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back