BIG 3 weeks ahead of us

Remove this Banner Ad

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
We have supposedly weaker opposition in GWS, Carlton and Saints yet as we know this season we have lost to these types of teams before and at home too. We must win all 3 at all costs and show the comp we are the real deal. If we win all 3 we will sit at 10-5 and might be pushing at a top 4, but the business needs to be taken care of first. I'm actually feeling more nervous for these 3 games than the freo and swans matches.

simply can't afford to drop these next 3 games due to the teams behind us, they are all jostling for the 8 and if people think we are shoe ins for the 8 they need to take a look at the teams below us and the easy fixtures they have, I'm talking North, Bulldogs, adelaide etc. Win the next 3 and then i will feel more comfortable, but seriously Richmond, lets Make the G a fortress again, too many times i attend home games genuinely uncertain which Richmond will show up

I'd take winning by a point in all three.

No easy games anymore especially the Saints who I think are quite good.

Have to, have to, have to win all three. Cements a place in the finals you'd have to say.

Big test for the coaching staff. We are the hunted now, can they get the boys up?

We have supposedly weaker opposition in GWS, Carlton and Saints yet as we know this season we have lost to these types of teams before and at home too. We must win all 3 at all costs and show the comp we are the real deal. If we win all 3 we will sit at 10-5 and might be pushing at a top 4, but the business needs to be taken care of first. I'm actually feeling more nervous for these 3 games than the freo and swans matches.

We've lost to:

West Coast 9-3
Bulldogs: 7-5
North Melb: 6-6
Geelong: 6-6
Melbourne: 4-8

Melbourne are the only real bad loss in that group.

Have to, have to, have to win all three. Cements a place in the finals you'd have to say.

Big test for the coaching staff. We are the hunted now, can they get the boys up?

Agree

Gws kids are very talented, and have a lot they want to prove

Saints are beginning their rebound (played decent against the dogs)

Blues live raining on our parades, and coach has them having fun and believing again

Yes, just get the job done here. Sometimes, you want percentage, but I'd rather just be 10-5 like we are expected to be after these rounds. We are still not a lock to play finals right now, and losing any of these games will be dangerous for us, because this is our easiest patch in our run home. After this we have:

Fremantle (MCG)
Hawthorn
Adelaide (AO)
Gold Coast (MCG)
Collingwood
Essendon
North Melbourne (ES)

Fremantle, Hawthorn, North Melbourne at Etihad and Adelaide in AO are going to be tough games. Collingwood and Essendon can go either way no matter what ladder position they are in. We have lost to Gold Coast when they were worse than what they are now, so I am not sure about that one - especially if Ablett comes back (confident that it is at the MCG though).

As you can see, the next three weeks are must-win games, as the only "lock" for the run home other than these three is Gold Coast at the MCG. Win ugly, win beautifully, win after coming from behind, win after holding back a surge - it does not matter how. As long as we bank the 4 points. It could be the difference between making top 4 and missing finals all together

We've lost to:

West Coast 9-3

The Geelong and North losses may not look so bad on paper, but the way we lost to them was pretty bad. Neither club even played well against us, in my opinion.

We've lost to:

West Coast 9-3

I still maintain we should of at least beat Melbourne and wb , especially at mcg , those losses pissed me off so much haha

Agree

Gws kids are very talented, and have a lot they want to prove

Saints are beginning their rebound (played decent against the dogs)

Blues live raining on our parades, and coach has them having fun and believing again
I agree that no game in the afl is a given anymore . The afl have got its wish for an even comp , even still. We should win . But you never know

Freo Hawks and Adelaide in adelaide after those 3. We conceivably be 0-3 from that lot so me simply need to win these next 3. The team showed maturity I hadnt seen before in the last half against syndey. Hope this extends into this run of games we should enter as favorites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate this. It's right but I hate it. Why wouldn't we 'hunt' a weaker opposition? Go out with that killer instinct like we did against the Saints in round 22 last year and go bang bang bang. We had that game wrapped up in 15 mins (granted we bumbled around for the next 25-30 mins) and showed a bit of that....

If we hunt from the start, we can make it easier for ourselves later in games and the season....

Freo Hawks and Adelaide in adelaide after those 3. We conceivably be 0-3 from that lot so me simply need to win these next 3. The team showed maturity I hadnt seen before in the last half against syndey. Hope this extends into this run of games we should enter as favorites.
i hope we win all 3 and at least pinch one of those, we do know the group loves to travel so dont rule out all three

Agree bob, the opposition have had a while to examine us over a few of our better wins now. These coming weeks should give us a good indication of where dimma and co are at. 3/3 im happy, 0/3, 1/3 or 2/3 and im going to need my 2nd new remote of the year I feel. If we are genuine top four these should be comfortable wins.

We should definitely beat Adelaide, even if its over there. We know how well we travel and they have been very scrappy this year, only just getting over the line against some weak teams.
If we can win the next 3 as we should, then I won't mind if we drop the Freo & Hawks games. Freo look to have dropped off a bit since we beat them though so I'm confident we can beat them at the G too.

The Geelong and North losses may not look so bad on paper, but the way we lost to them was pretty bad. Neither club even played well against us, in my opinion.

Beating Geelong would have had some nice symbolism because the start of our losing streak against them was the start of the 'Geelong era' (I think they only lost one game between round six and the 2007 Grand Final), but we squandered the chance to send them to the bottom of the ladder and end the era once and for all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back