List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone say Yarran for McEvoy and a second rounder? Please never make a trade suggestion again.

Re Hendo he is certainly one who hasn't come along with the group over the past few weeks, I would be seriously cashing in on him and using what we get to secure Charlie Dixon.

Blow me.

Trade hypotheticals thread - anything's fair game for discussion, which is all I offered. And that was off the back of the point that McEvoy was about the only one on Hawthorn's list that they will part with and we could use. They're not about to trade their key forwards or defenders, and we don't need inside mids or half back flankers. We do need a ruckman to replace Warnock.

I'd be furious if we decided to trade Henderson for Dixon. Would be a horrendous trade for us, nothing short of complete and utter madness.

To be honest I'm struggling to come up with one valid reason as to why we'd go through with that trade.

Did someone say Yarran for McEvoy and a second rounder? Please never make a trade suggestion again.

Re Hendo he is certainly one who hasn't come along with the group over the past few weeks, I would be seriously cashing in on him and using what we get to secure Charlie Dixon.

Liked your post after reading the first paragraph. Unliked it when i read the second.

What do you mean Hendo hasn't come along with the group the last few weeks?? He's been solid and done his role. If you watch replays of the last few games Hendo is busting a gut to get on the lead and putting defensive pressure on...just because he hasn't been kicking huge bags of goals doesn't mean he hasn't been performing.

Is a very important cog in the forward line that shares the load amongst Hendo, Cas and Everitt. Its great we're getting multiple goals from our 3 tall targets consistently now, not just kicking to Hendo every time.

I'd be furious if we decided to trade Henderson for Dixon. Would be a horrendous trade for us, nothing short of complete and utter madness.

To be honest I'm struggling to come up with one valid reason as to why we'd go through with that trade.

I need this cleared up, does the club actively want to trade Hendo? Or are very willing to?

Or is it Hendo wants out?

Because no, the way things have been going lately, there is no point in willingly trading Hendo for any other key forward like Dixon or Carlisle...Hendo is just as good, if not better than them and seems to have good synergy with Casboult and Everitt.

I need this cleared up, does the club actively want to trade Hendo? Or are very willing to?

Because no, the way things have been going lately, there is no point in willingly trading Hendo for any other key forward like Dixon or Carlisle...Hendo is just as good, if not better than them and seems to have good synergy with Casboult and Everitt.
A poster on here with apparent inside knowledge has implied the club is holding of contract talks to see what they might get offered for him. That's my interpretation anyway.

A poster on here with apparent inside knowledge has implied the club is holding of contract talks to see what they might get offered for him. That's my interpretation anyway.

If thats the case I'm happy to hear that, as I've read after posters saying he's virtually gone.

This makes me more confident we will keep him, as Hendo himself doesn't really want to leave. Hopefully we continue our good form, the club sees that our list doesn't necessarily need 5+ years and go into full rebuild mode, and realise how important Hendo is to our structure and bump up his contract offer and say no to everything other clubs offer unless its absolutely ridiculously in our favour, which won't happen.

If thats the case I'm happy to hear that, as I've read after posters saying he's virtually gone.

This makes me more confident we will keep him, as Hendo himself doesn't really want to leave. Hopefully we continue our good form, the club sees that our list doesn't necessarily need 5+ years and go into full rebuild mode, and realise how important Hendo is to our structure and bump up his contract offer and say no to everything other clubs offer unless its absolutely ridiculously in our favour, which won't happen.

Are you sure Hendo doesn't want to leave? Big statement to make seeing as your previous post said "I need this cleared up, does the club actively want to trade Hendo? Or are very willing to? Or is it Hendo wants out?".

I think he was seriously considering it during the first half of the season. I don't think the club would have been a particularly positive place to be. With that in mind, I think the club did the right thing in sounding out the market - there's no reason not to be prepared. However with the big turnaround in form and attitude at the club I'd hazard a guess that Hendo will be happy to stay, and his recent improvement on field can only make the club's decision easier when it comes to meeting his contract terms.

First half of season: Hendo unhappy, Hendo plays poorly, Hendo gets less money, Hendo goes.
Current situation: Hendo happy, Hendo plays well, Hendo gets good money, Hendo stays.

I'm optimistic :)

Are you sure Hendo doesn't want to leave? Big statement to make seeing as your previous post said "I need this cleared up, does the club actively want to trade Hendo? Or are very willing to? Or is it Hendo wants out?".

I think he was seriously considering it during the first half of the season. I don't think the club would have been a particularly positive place to be. With that in mind, I think the club did the right thing in sounding out the market - there's no reason not to be prepared. However with the big turnaround in form and attitude at the club I'd hazard a guess that Hendo will be happy to stay, and his recent improvement on field can only make the club's decision easier when it comes to meeting his contract terms.

First half of season: Hendo unhappy, Hendo plays poorly, Hendo gets less money, Hendo goes.
Current situation: Hendo happy, Hendo plays well, Hendo gets good money, Hendo stays.

I'm optimistic :)

Well the response i got to my questions was that it was more club driven, wanting to test the market and low balling him, rather than Hendo saying 'i don't want to be here anymore'. Thats all I'm going off.

But i agree with you, hopefully our turnaround in form will make Hendo more than happy to stay and make the club see Hendo's worth and bump up his contract accordingly. Everybody wins :)

I've heard we're low-balling him... he thinks he's worth more than what he's being offered.

Hmm well thats why I'm more optimistic in keeping him. Other posters have said he's virtually a done deal to Geelong, but if our good form continues as does Hendo's, hopefully we can come to an agreement and give him a 'fair' deal and i hope he's not overestimating himself.

Hmm well thats why I'm more optimistic in keeping him. Other posters have said he's virtually a done deal to Geelong, but if our good form continues as does Hendo's, hopefully we can come to an agreement and give him a 'fair' deal and i hope he's not overestimating himself.

Could work the other way and Hendo resents being low balled and wants to go to Geelong, where if we could have offered a negotiated deal he would have stayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why you don't pay 700k for Thomas.

I'd rather pay 650k to Hendo.

The Malthouse regime actually did some nice things regarding trades, such as Docherty and Everitt but boy was 700k overpaying big time for Thomas.

To be fair, his shoulder injury this year had nothing to do with his dodgy ankle, but still 700k is way too much.
Key forwards are always in big demand and harder to find so definitely would rather pay Hendo more to keep him than a midfielder like Thomas who is much more easier to replace.

Still, Thomas could be like the recruit of the year next year :)

The Malthouse regime actually did some nice things regarding trades, such as Docherty and Everitt but boy was 700k overpaying big time for Thomas.

To be fair, his shoulder injury this year had nothing to do with his dodgy ankle, but still 700k is way too much.
Key forwards are always in big demand and harder to find so definitely would rather pay Hendo more to keep him than a midfielder like Thomas who is much more easier to replace.

Still, Thomas could be like the recruit of the year next year :)

625K I've been told but yeah.....it's a high number.
From everything I know that 625K was going to be good value this year, but one minute in and...........................

Having said that though, I understand we've thrown some bigger numbers at players that haven't proved themselves yet.
Can't say 100% but info may be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back