List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club does want to retain Henderson, but only at the right price mid $500s. We have been poor in managing player payments in the past and this will change in that we will pay fair and reasonable value, rather than over's in order to retain players.

Henderson would prefer to stay with Carlton however, a). The environment wasn't great earlier in the year and b). There are offers out there in the low $600's.

This will be Henderson's decision and we as a club know that if he decides to take another offer then we will receive a 1st round pick. The top 20 picks of this draft are good!

It just sends out the wrong signals but it's not easy for SOS either.................I guess.

I know I've said it one hundred times but numbers alone aren't exciting unless you can put a player to it.
If the perceived lack of top end quality in the draft forces us to keep Lach & prevent us from making a terrible terrible mistake, I'm on board.

If the perceived lack of top end quality in the draft forces us to keep Lach & prevent us from making a terrible terrible mistake, I'm on board.

Henderson is nowhere near 100% good to go yet.
Last year was a write-off for him as it was for a couple of others thanks to injury.

With a more lucid game-plan and a better understanding between the tall forwards, Henderson will be a beauty.

The club does want to retain Henderson, but only at the right price mid $500s. We have been poor in managing player payments in the past and this will change in that we will pay fair and reasonable value, rather than over's in order to retain players.

Henderson would prefer to stay with Carlton however, a). The environment wasn't great earlier in the year and b). There are offers out there in the low $600's.

This will be Henderson's decision and we as a club know that if he decides to take another offer then we will receive a 1st round pick. The top 20 picks of this draft are good!

Thanks Blue Thunder :thumbsu:

It's the distinct drop off after the top half dozen or so (especially given the academy kids from northern clubs are some of the better players in this crop) which is making it look unfavourable to trade Lach even for Geelong's first.

I have been quite vocal about trading assets- for the right price- but I would hate to lose hendo for pick 14-18 because of 50k.

He certainly looks the goods at the moment. IMO if we could draft Schace, we have our 12year KPP, and Hendo could go play in his best position at CHB.

Add to that if we get Carlisle (if he isnt getting rubbed out for 2 years) for a bargain, that would give us Schace, Levi, Hendo and Carlisle at the spine. Add to that Jammo for another 2 years, Jacksch developing in the background...well that is a pretty good spine with some depth/ future

"Ultimately, that is what it is. We are not going to tip the baby out with the bath water. We have got to do some smart trading, some smart list management and, obviously, we have a plan, which has been ticked off by the board and the football department."

Silvagni's statements could mean the Blues would be loath to trade, for instance, Chris Yarran, who has endured an inconsistent season but could command a first-round draft pick.

On trading for an extra first-round pick, Silvagni said: "It's easy to say that. Ultimately, you have got to look at the deal in its entirety. We need to know what's going in and what's going out.

"We don't want to lose talent, particularly elite talent. It's a tough competition but we also know that if you are going to get something in, a deal needs to be fair," he said.

Some good old fashioned common sense from SOS. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Add to that if we get Carlisle (if he isnt getting rubbed out for 2 years) for a bargain, that would give us Schace, Levi, Hendo and Carlisle at the spine. Add to that Jammo for another 2 years, Jacksch developing in the background...well that is a pretty good spine with some depth/ future
Carlisle's fate won't be known until after the trade period. Steer well clear.

Do you know if its fact that we have offered mid $500k? Id like to think that for 70k or so, Hendo will stay, especially since the environment has changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know if its fact that we have offered mid $500k? Id like to think that for 70k or so, Hendo will stay, especially since the environment has changed.

Yes

We also need to remember that the impact of paying above what we believe is fair market value has an on-flow effect to other players expectations and the multiple effect results in not having Salary Cap space to attract other Elite Talent to the club.

Theres word going around that Jake Kolodjashnig is not happy down at the cattery and with the likes of Rivers and possibly Henderson coming into the club could be gettable.

If Carlton can swing a deal with Geelongs 1st selection + JK that would be a fantastic result.
If I was SOS That would be the deal i would be aiming for and sticking to my guns as geelong are pretty reasonable and good to trade with and just might get done.

Certainly would be a great result for the Blues

Riley is a good Carlton man too :thumbsu:

Hope this is right. It would really lift the spirit of the club and supporters if he stayed. We have had a really good few weeks and this would continue the good vibe around the club at the moment.
I hope Kreuzer is re-signed soon, there has been no talk of him leaving but I just love the guy.

Theres word going around that Jake Kolodjashnig is not happy down at the cattery and with the likes of Rivers and possibly Henderson coming into the club could be gettable.

If Carlton can swing a deal with Geelongs 1st selection + JK that would be a fantastic result.
If I was SOS That would be the deal i would be aiming for and sticking to my guns as geelong are pretty reasonable and good to trade with and just might get done.

Certainly would be a great result for the Blues

For Hendo? I wouldn't say it would be a 'great result', more like 'not too bad'.

For Hendo? I wouldn't say it would be a 'great result', more like 'not too bad'.
I think that would be the best result carlton could extract from the Henderson trade - But looks like he's staying

On another note thats Richmond news but too excited to keep it in lol

Jack Riewoldt just extended his contract till the end of 2019 season, was already contracted till end of 2016 when he would of become a FA but wasnt interested.

I think that would be the best result carlton could extract from the Henderson trade - But looks like he's staying

Jack Riewoldt just extended his contract till the end of 2019 season, was already contracted till end of 2016 when he would of become a FA but wasnt interested.
Good news for your club. I love it when players shun free agency and stay loyal.

Must be a relief to have it locked away before the speculation can even begin, wish more players did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back