Primetime Priceys shelter for degnerate punters (the betting thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gotta be kidding me.

The dogs would be the worst thing to punt on considering it's a sprint to the first corner before they smash into each other, wipe out half the field and then continue on around the track and if you're lucky enough to have a dog still in contention you're lucky as s**t.

Trots would be the easiest form as if you know anything about stables, horses gate speed, tactics etc you're not reading a race guide, you're reading a manual as to how the race will pan out.

I'm loathe to continue conversation with you but you need to be told that what you spruik is as rubbish as Pricey's baseball tips ...

I kid you not.

Your evalution of dog racing makes you sound like one of those horse racing clowns who knows nothing about the sport.

The fact you think it's just a sprint to the first corner confirms you know nothing about the sport. Never watch it, have no clue on the ins and outs of the sport.

Funny that the highest stakes winning dog going around now misses the jump all the time and finishes its races off often 10-20 lengths off the leader down the back straight.

Given dogs put together winning sequences of -5 together on a FAR more regular occurence than horses says it all. It says horses are less about natural ability and more about luck than any other of the codes. And that's a fact.

I kid you not.

Your evalution of dog racing makes you sound like one of those horse racing clowns who knows nothing about the sport.

The fact you think it's just a sprint to the first corner confirms you know nothing about the sport. Never watch it, have no clue on the ins and outs of the sport.

Funny that the highest stakes winning dog going around now misses the jump all the time and finishes its races off often 10-20 lengths off the leader down the back straight.

Given dogs put together winning sequences of -5 together on a FAR more regular occurence than horses says it all. It says horses are less about natural ability and more about luck than any other of the codes. And that's a fact.
Ive owned dogs and lived with a trainer and ur right in the fact that there's more to it then the initial sprint but there is alot more luck involved in Dogs then Horses. If you get clipped which happens most races ur basically ****ed and if its short distance and u dont get out fast and ur not in box 1-2 or 8 onwards then ur ****ed. So much more luck needed in Dogs.

Ive owned dogs and lived with a trainer and ur right in the fact that there's more to it then the initial sprint but there is alot more luck involved in Dogs then Horses. If you get clipped which happens most races ur basically stuffed and if its short distance and u dont get out fast and ur not in box 1-2 or 8 onwards then ur stuffed. So much more luck needed in Dogs.

Sure some dogs need luck at the start. So do horses though. The variables are far greater with a horse however when you break down the circumstances of each code.

Horses need luck with their jockey, other jockeys, other horses, weights, track condition, track bias, position in field in race, barrier draw, field size, horses temperament (yes the dogs kill/prey instinct puts it above the horses need to be whipped), trainers instructions, trainers actually wanting animal to win(less of a factor in dogs due to prey drive).

The bolded part are those which would also affect a dog to a degree in their racing.

All you have said that can happen to a dog can also happen to a horse, and then you start adding on all the variables a dog won't have to deal with(the non bolded aspects).

Isala Bale coz it looks smart

I kid you not.

I am a horse racing clown that knows nothing about the sport. Grew up on trots. I suppose I could say the same thing about you knowing * all about that too but what'd that prove?

Onemore for Wilson

Each to their own poison really.

Dogs have importance on the barrier, the jump, the bend, then the distance and throw in a track, and occasionally track conditions.

Nags have track bias, more pronounced in some than others, track conditions, barrier, jump, jockey... jockey can be either and advantage or a disadvantage, plus you have the onus on a jockey to avoid contact, and ever so rarely a protest saving your bacon. Track conditions play more of a role, and you can end up with larger field sizes, so that adds to the variables. A horse that comes from the back can generally get a cosy trail and run on if presented, at least in a reasonable size field, whereas a dish that comes from the back often has to contend with other runners around the bend in close proximity

Trots have pretty much the same, barrier draw, the jump, a decent pilot not being an idiot and sitting it in the death, and not being on the take. You can generally take that on race sectionals if they get a good ride through

So whatever is easier for you to get a feel for. Callers talk about mapping dishies races all the time, i just dont have the time or inclination to look at first sectionals and how a dog jumps from what box. There's generally a bit more leeway with a poor start in a horse race than either dogs or trots.

I find it easier, and more enjoyable tbh, to plot where a jockey will try and place a particular horse during the race based on sectionals and previous races and racing patterns, that and its a longer race time, so its more time before you end up yelling at the screen :D

The old man had a few dishies back in the day and we used to pop round the training track every now and again... its all foreign talk to me tho

Jacksay/Piacenza @ $2.89

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Painte.

I am a horse racing clown that knows nothing about the sport. Grew up on trots. I suppose I could say the same thing about you knowing **** all about that too but what'd that prove?

Know all about the trots. My Auntys sister is married to Peter Tonkin. So you know, follow the Stewart stable closely.

Then there was my grandfather who was friends with the Conways from Hopetoun. You know they had Nicholas Branach, Voight etc

Summers Day into Moshulu

Know all about the trots. My Auntys sister is married to Peter Tonkin. So you know, follow the Stewart stable closely.

Then there was my grandfather who was friends with the Conways from Hopetoun. You know they had Nicholas Branach, Voight etc

Maybe someone on the punting forum actually gives a sh!t.... go tell your story over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back