RIP Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

This footy scarves at the front of houses thing is going gangbusters around our area. I wasn't certain about it at first but now we too have a scarf tied to the front verandah. Fans of all teams are doing it, it's interesting to see the spread of team support around here. People can be surprisingly decent, I'm quite impressed.

I know I carry on like a flog on here about PAFC, but the sadness on our board and yours and across this state and the broader AFL community is devastating.

The uniting of our two Clubs on this tragic day is telling to say the least.

It's the most sobering thought to imagine the horror of what transpired in that house last night. It's absolutely heartbreaking on every level for all involved. A father and husband lost so senselessly. If it was a car accident or something like that the loss would be just as devastating but at least some sense could be made of it.
And sometime in the next 24-48 hours Phil Walsh's son will come out of heavy sedation to discover exactly what he's done. I can't even grasp what that would feel like. Just an all-round tragic chain of events.

It's the most sobering thought to imagine the horror of what transpired in that house last night. It's absolutely heartbreaking on every level for all involved. A father and husband lost so senselessly. If it was a car accident or something like that the loss would be just as devastating but at least some sense could be made of it.
And sometime in the next 24-48 hours Phil Walsh's son will come out of heavy sedation to discover exactly what he's done. I can't even grasp what that would feel like. Just an all-round tragic chain of events.

What makes me sad and cry, is imagine Walsh's last seconds on earth was like. This from someone who did his best to bring our the best in others.

Thought about this constantly all today, the poor bloke is going to be crumpled by his actions, how does his mother and sister approach this is beyond belief. So many tragic layers. Heartbreaking.

What makes me sad and cry, is imagine Walsh's last seconds on earth was like. This from someone who did his best to bring our the best in others.

Thought about this constantly all today, the poor bloke is going to be crumpled by his actions, how does his mother and sister approach this is beyond belief. So many tragic layers. Heartbreaking.

No rationally behaving and thinking person does what Sy Walsh did last night. When he wakes up in hospital he'll be utterly devastated. If I was in that position I honestly doubt I'd be able to go on.

I have been unable to compose myself enough to post sensibly and sensitively today.

Last night I experienced something which has brought all my beliefs under question. Coincidence and spirituality collided.

When the time is right I will tell more. For now, like wveryone, I am simply numb and can't adequately express my sympathy to everyone who knew and loved Phil.

RIP :cry::cry::cry:

Support and compassion

I have been unable to compose myself enough to post sensibly and sensitively today.

Last night I experienced something which has brought all my beliefs under question. Coincidence and spirituality collided.

When the time is right I will tell more. For now, like wveryone, I am simply numb and can't adequately express my sympathy to everyone who knew and loved Phil.

Take care.

I've been trying not to. :(

This footy scarves at the front of houses thing is going gangbusters around our area. I wasn't certain about it at first but now we too have a scarf tied to the front verandah. Fans of all teams are doing it, it's interesting to see the spread of team support around here. People can be surprisingly decent, I'm quite impressed.
5/11 houses in our street have scarfes, 5/20 cara in the HJs drive through had scarves.
It's amazing how everyone can get behind it.

And far out. I woke up at 2am this morning. Jeepers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts are with you

And far out. I woke up at 2am this morning. Jeepers...

I was laying bed not sleeping, and around 2am our kitchen light flicked itself on. I'm a bit spiritual at times and put it down to all the mice that had died earlier that day in traps in our house, I'm opposed to killing things when it can be avoided, and put it down to bad vibes. Waking to this news, freaky.

That's been the part I've tried to avoid because it is so harrowing and upsetting.

And while this is not the place for it, I was disgusted at News Ltd showing a picture of what might have been the murder weapon. Disgraceful and sickening.

The thing is, it doesn't take me much to imagine it. Almost twenty years ago something similar happened at my home. Another family member decided to try to kill everyone there. Thankfully, there were no fatalities and I was the only one hurt. But I remember the chaos and the fear like it was yesterday.

Last night is something the Walsh family are going to have to work very, very hard to get through this. They will never get over it. I wish them all possible strength to do so.

Today, Adelaide's football community is traumatised. I hope everyone is able to find the strength and support they need. I hope those who have a personal connection to Phil get space to grieve however they need.

Peace to everyone. Remember, life is short and fragile. Make the most of it (whatever that may mean to you).

I honestly thought it was one of those troll facebook pages that just posts random crap as i scrolled i saw triple m, fox footy, herald sun. No way they would have got on board such a joke.

We were talked about how cripps' heart attack almost sparked a jmac moment though the worst has happened it will trigger past emotions. Still in shock but what phil was to his family and multiple afl clubs is immeasurable. Although i didnt know him personally all the players loved his philosphies and we are reminded about how life is so much greater than 120 minutes running around on a park no matter how fun and serious it may be.

I know we have a few young bigfooty members on our board. Please when your parents get home, if they are home already, if they live 18 hours away. Ring them up, drive the 18 hours, jump into their bed, cook them a meal do anything and everything in your power to tell and show them that you love them no matter how corny embarassing whatever you may Think it seem. You never know how privleged your are and what youve got until its gone. We've lost a former port assistant coach, an adelaide crows coach, a son but most importantly a father and husband.

Rip phil walsh

View attachment 148915
The messages on our board by Power supporters have been welcomed and appreciated. Thank you. It is easy to forget that he touched many Clubs in so many good and wonderful ways.

This is one of the darkest days in South Australian footy and Australian footy.

Today both our South Australian Clubs are united as one.

Its hard to grasp how things could escalate to where the end result was reached this morning. Its unthinkable the horror that Meredith would have had in those moments. All senseless loss of life like this is tragic. As others have said, I feel increasingly emotional about what would be going through his sons head at this point in time. A real shame.

It would be great if teams could unite for these games with mutual respect. Friendly rivalry rather than ill-feeling. We have a lot in common.

Most of all, we're all people.

#NeverTearUsApart
#WeFlyAsOne

Condolences to all supporters of any club affected by this tragic loss.
A joint March to the ground perhaps.

Its hard to grasp how things could escalate to where the end result was reached this morning. Its unthinkable the horror that Meredith would have had in those moments. All senseless loss of life like this is tragic. As others have said, I feel increasingly emotional about what would be going through his sons head at this point in time. A real shame.

Sadly and tragically Meredith also was inflicted with knife wounds as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back