Toast Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I ask why? Tanner looks hopeless to me what I've seen of him this year.

Not sure, really. I haven't seen him play this year but I was under the impression they elevated him back onto the main list recently.
I am going on his debut where I thought he did fine. To this point he has had a terrible run with injuries and it seemed the club thought enough of him to cut him and rookie list him to keep him at our disposal: Prudent list management and they would not have done that if he didn't show some potential.

I will defer to your greater knowledge if you have been tracking him personally.

Not sure, really. I haven't seen him play this year but I was under the impression they elevated him back onto the main list recently.
I am going on his debut where I thought he did fine. To this point he has had a terrible run with injuries and it seemed the club thought enough of him to cut him and rookie list him to keep him at our disposal: Prudent list management and they would not have done that if he didn't show some potential.

I will defer to your greater knowledge if you have been tracking him personally.
Not closely. I have seen him play a couple of games & at training. Its his skills that worry me most. His kicking is not even WAFL standard. That and he doesn't show a lot of composure. I think the best we can hope for him is to turn into a Dawson type but what makes Dawson so good is his concentration, application and ability to read the game. Remains to be seen if Tanner can turn out like that. I haven't given up, just not encourage by what I've seen.

Not closely. I have seen him play a couple of games & at training. Its his skills that worry me most. His kicking is not even WAFL standard. That and he doesn't show a lot of composure. I think the best we can hope for him is to turn into a Dawson type but what makes Dawson so good is his concentration, application and ability to read the game. Remains to be seen if Tanner can turn out like that. I haven't given up, just not encourage by what I've seen.

Fine. I'll go with that.

Thought Tanner was very good fir Peel today. Good closing speed to spoil and a big body. A long way to go but wouldn't be writing him off yet.

I thought he was ok against the magpies and very clean around the ball. though ole kim bagdorn reckons he is not ready. never seen him say that about a 4 game eagle defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that kept me interested today, haven't been this excited about a young tall since MJ. Makes a few bad errors still but I love that it never deters him from continuing to attack the footy. Special young player, moves brilliantly for a gangly 200cm lad.

The only thing that kept me interested today, haven't been this excited about a young tall since MJ. Makes a few bad errors still but I love that it never deters him from continuing to attack the footy. Special young player, moves brilliantly for a gangly 200cm lad.
I agree best kpp drafted since MJ and at the same time it is not good that it has taken what 10 years.

Another great game by the young man. Loving his willingness to take the game on with his long kicking.

I think some of our other rookies could prove themselves to be worthy if given an opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back