List Mgmt. Who has what currency on the open market

Remove this Banner Ad

I am noticing a lot less outcry from the usual loyalists from some of these calls. Are they taking time off big footy? Or is there a recognition that something has to give? I can sense a change in the wind. I think it'll only take a couple more bad performances before there will be a change of coaches and an aggressive review of the list.

Bigfooty was created in 1999 and probably only gained real traction some years after that time.

We've really experienced two North Melbourne teams as a Bigfooty crew - Dean Laidley's bunch and now Brad Scott's team.

Both coaches had long enough. Dean stepped away shortly after the drop off from 2007.

Brad still has the team in the window. I suspect we're at around 2008 after a failed tilt last year.

The winds of change feel similar to the time. I suspect we'll be in a better position than when Dean left but think we will now have to start again. Every time you start again - you lose some folks.

Cameron has the skills but is by far the most lazy footballer. Do not want.
I wish we had a footballer that would kick a lazy 5 goals a game...

Does anyone actually believe that the club is ready to make these hard calls? Because I don't.

Much more likely that we'll either scrape into the 8 and get belted or finish 9-10th and again miss the surefire talent in the draft.

I might be in the minority here but I would prefer to scrape into the eight than finish lower down the ladder.

I am noticing a lot less outcry from the usual loyalists from some of these calls. Are they taking time off big footy? Or is there a recognition that something has to give? I can sense a change in the wind. I think it'll only take a couple more bad performances before there will be a change of coaches and an aggressive review of the list.

It's just not worth replying to. You guys are delusional if you think there are clubs out there willing to part with high draft picks for mediocre players in a post-free agency market.

It's just not worth replying to. You guys are delusional if you think there are clubs out there willing to part with high draft picks for mediocre players in a post-free agency market.
others seem to think bundling up a bag of spuds will bring home more bacon that a single spud, at least as a kid selling mushrooms to the drunks in the pub i would place a couple of good ones at the top of the box so they thought they were getting some quality.

I still want to make finals and if we do I'll be believing we're a shot in every game.

Short term thinking i know, but i hate the idea that 2014 is the last time we see September action for another 4-5 years.

The only point of a trade is to mutually benefit both counterparties. Be honest here, would any player on our list apart from Goldstein realistically net us a top 10 pick? Personally don't think so. Either too old or not good enough. there is no glaring Schwass for Grant trade out there.

I would never trade Goldy as he's one of the few blokes that actually puts in a decent day's work on a regular basis. We need to move on the guys that lack mental strength and discipline (i.e., lazy and prone to brain fades).

I would never trade Goldy as he's one of the few blokes that actually puts in a decent day's work on a regular basis. We need to move on the guys that lack mental strength and discipline (i.e., lazy and prone to brain fades).

Nope. Prior to this year he has been inconsistent. You'd want two proven players for him. He is, currently, the only player on our list with genuine currency. He is at the top of his game. He's 27. The only way is down.

The good thing about footy is that people have short memories. Goldy is he best ruckmen in the league - no question. He will only be for a little while longer - do we want to trade that short time we have him for some class miss. I think so.

Look at mullett. People thought he had a gun year and then dropped off the face of the earth. Everyone wants to trade him now - guess what, no one wants him. He has no currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Prior to this year he has been inconsistent. You'd want two proven players for him. He is, currently, the only player on our list with genuine currency. He is at the top of his game. He's 27. The only way is down.

The good thing about footy is that people have short memories. Goldy is he best ruckmen in the league - no question. He will only be for a little while longer - do we want to trade that short time we have him for some class miss. I think so.

Look at mullett. People thought he had a gun year and then dropped off the face of the earth. Everyone wants to trade him now - guess what, no one wants him. He has no currency.
Mullett was seriously overrated and still is.

Goldstein is the best ruck in the league with his best football ahead of him. I get your point it's just that we need to ship out the guys who are not performing.

Mullett was seriously overrated and still is.

Goldstein is the best ruck in the league with his best football ahead of him. I get your point it's just that we need to ship out the guys who are not performing.

You trade your overrated blokes. Mullett was crap. One of the worst one in one defenders in the league. I'm sure we could've traded into the hype.

Goldstein is our best player (for now) bar none. People quickly forget though how frustrating he has been. Breakout year. As a ruckmen I think we'd get absolute top dollar for him. Questions still around how he handles the ruxkload with someone else. Can get burnt out at the end of a season because he is a one man band.

We're not going to trade away our bad players for anything. They stay or get delisted. Period.

Clubs that dont make tough calls dont win flags!
New coach and new captain are needed asap.
Trade: Swallow, Hansen, Atley, Black & Bastanic.
Delist/Retire: Firrito, McMahon, Daw, Warren, Adams, McKenzie, Grima & Wallace.

Get Prestia, Treloar and Aish!

I keep reading posts saying that certain players could be traded for a late first round or early second round pick and shake my head in disbelief. North have only one player who is worth a top 10 and above pick and that is Todd Goldstein.Everyone else on the list should be considered for trade including the Captain.The over rating of our players has got the club into the state it is in now.Start the rebuilding now,wear the pain and we will all be better off in the long run.

1 in 1 out.

You really if ever see 2 players leave for 1 player.

Mckernan for Teague and Morrell is the last one I remember.

Atley for Prestia, Treloar or Aish wouldn't get it done unfortunately. Atley has upside.

Maybe Phillyroo and Wild Bill are spit roasting his Mrs after such a poor loss?

Get Longmire
Swallow to GC to get Schache
Black to Freo for Weller.
Not that I like the idea of trading the captain.

What would you want for Harper , looked like being anything a few years ago
We'd want a first rounder, but realistically he wouldn't be worth a whole lot. Maybe a 3rd rounder. Seems to be just starting to get over his injuries, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the year.

What would you want for Harper , looked like being anything a few years ago

Unless he gets a crack in the ones and takes it, theres a chance he will be delisted at years end unfortunately. He isnt worth anything trade wise, too injury prone, no outstanding footy in the last 24-36 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back