List Mgmt. Who has what currency on the open market

Remove this Banner Ad

I would trade Goldstein for 2 top 5 picks.

Thompson plus our first pick for Treloar quality.

Bastinac to Geelong for Motlop maybe.

Atley, Swallow are worth nothing imo.

He resembles a bloke from the amateurs that has a few bears the night before a game
images

Maj and BBB we decent supply will make a solid forward line.

We need 2 clean quick outside mids.

Ben Cavarra is our man. The kids CV is better than 90% of AFL footballers. Its really surprising to me that guys the size of Boomer, Caleb Daniel and Ben Cavarra rarely get drafted these days due to their size. The game is more a defensive style these days and the ball is pretty much on the ground 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Ben Cavarra is our man. The kids CV is better than 90% of AFL footballers. Its really surprising to me that guys the size of Boomer, Caleb Daniel and Ben Cavarra rarely get drafted these days due to their size. The game is more a defensive style these days and the ball is pretty much on the ground 50% of the time.

Not sure how 'skilful' you are when you can't spell the world!

What's the story with him? Looks a similar player to Ben Kennedy who has been disappointing at Collingwood to date.

There has been guys of a similar size drafted almost every year, the reality is only one has made the grade over the last 20 years.

Defensively there are too many liabilities with this type of player in modern footy (and if we were honest the same could be said for Boomer).

Boomer is just so damaging offensively and he plays a bit taller as he is is pound for pound incredibly strong one on one.

He had 54 hitouts in his 23rd game last year.

Yep. He pantsed blicavs. Did it this year too. Will do it again this weekend.

I think you're trying to use hitouts as a measure of fatigue. All im saying is its not the norm and the potential is there for more fatigue than other ruckmen toward the end of the season. He's 27 now so it will only get harder.

I read the words 'trade Goldstein'.

Now THAT would be tearing off your nose to spite your face.
Agree, would also be the case if any of Cunnington, Swallow or Ziebell were traded. They are (what's left of) the heart and soul of the club and we would lose a lot more than just a player if any of those 4 - and McDonald, for that matter - are traded.

lol why would he come here, seriously?
We have this mini cafe thing now, it's awesome.

Idk he might come for some time off or a holiday. So he'd fit in if that was the case.

Not sure how 'skilful' you are when you can't spell the world!

What's the story with him? Looks a similar player to Ben Kennedy who has been disappointing at Collingwood to date.

There has been guys of a similar size drafted almost every year, the reality is only one has made the grade over the last 20 years.

Defensively there are too many liabilities with this type of player in modern footy (and if we were honest the same could be said for Boomer).

Boomer is just so damaging offensively and he plays a bit taller as he is is pound for pound incredibly strong one on one.
What the hell are you on about? You obviously havent seen Ben Cavarra play. He tackles like in the video ever week..week in week out. If I could compare him to a player he is much the same as Cyril Rioli but not as good a mark. I'm not saying he's as good as him but a similar sort of player. Can play inside or outside and has good pace. Relentless tackler with great skill and vision. If he was the size of Nat Fyfe he'd be a complete footballer who you could play anywhere.

I would trade Goldstein for 2 top 5 picks.

Thompson plus our first pick for Treloar quality.

Bastinac to Geelong for Motlop maybe.

Atley, Swallow are worth nothing imo.
Oh arjen I just love your matetial. Especially Basi for motlop .

Maybe I can get the queem mary a straight swap for my 3 meter tinny with a 25 johno on the back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd have no qualms about trading Hansen, Thompson, Swallow, Thomas or Bastinac, with Petrie and Waite going I think its important we keep Black.

A future forward line of Wood, Daw, Black and Brown would still have some potential.

Atley I think we wouldn't get value for money.

Any young outside runners we desperately need to keep. Harper, Garner, Mullett…all will have a role to play considering how much we are lacking in this department.

I wish we had a footballer that would kick a lazy 5 goals a game...
Just if things don't go his way he won't chase even sprint back for goal. His lazy 5 goal games are literally lazy haha. He's like a typical country ff except with the athletic ability of buddy.

Oh arjen I just love your matetial. Especially Basi for motlop .

Maybe I can get the queem mary a straight swap for my 3 meter tinny with a 25 johno on the back.

They need inside mids. He is a very good one, even though we are too good to allow him to play his preferred role.

Bastinac / an early 2nd rounder would get it done.

Who does/doesn't get traded is entirely decided by what extent the club is going to rebuild/re-tool.

As supporters we see players as human beings. We love them. Love watching them pull on the stripes every week and are emotionally invested in their success.

A successful sports franchise cannot afford to view them this way. The process is nothing more than asset management.

If we are looking at 2016/17/18 as being realistically viable premiership years, then Goldstein is immediately off the table.

If not, then capitalizing on his monster season and making another side give up a slew of picks and players for him is definitely going to be on the cards.

If NMFC decide that we are years away from legitimately contending, and trade Todd, I will be gutted. Not only because I think he is a true shinboner and love watching him play, but because I will have to face the facts of where the club I love is really at.

If the alternative is for the club to yet again misdiagnose it's situation, weakly re-tool for the next few years and fall well short of the ultimate goal....

I say trade him, and end this post hating myself.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. One poor game from Hansen and the real Hansen Haters show their true colours. Nothing but a bunch of mindless flogs. When we were getting smashed by Adelaide etc. everyone was wanting him back. If it wasn't for him even Essendon would have beaten us. The operations he had on both hips were very invasive and the fact he made it back by Round 6 was a bonus. His hips require careful management and on occasions he might not be able to play. I for one hope he does look elsewhere, for his benefit and not Norths, and leaves us with a fullback that is slowing down, a great servant that is past his prime and an 8 year 50 game veteran with a troubled injury history. All this on top of Grima retiring.

We will never trade Goldy so any talk of a trade is just crap.

Also hands off JZ, Spitter, Cunnington, McDonald, and anyone drafted in the last two years.

If there is value with what's left then we should have a crack.

G’day Guys, long time reader first time poster. I have completed a list analysis (slow day in the office). My view on players to keep, trade, delist and those that should retire. Anyway it’s not as bleak as I thought. I am also assuming a new coach and support team will come in should we not make the finals. What are your thoughts?
The trades are controversial and hand on heart I am not sure the other clubs would entertain it but I think it’s the type of move that could set us up for the next 5 years.

upload_2015-7-9_17-36-41.png

1. Trade Thomas for Motlop Cats would if they want Danger. Offer Motlop good money. We need outside flair
  2. Trade Swallow for Dixon: Swallow joins his brother and the God Squad. He looks good on a beach. Dixon to replace Drew
  3. Trade Thompson for Trelor: GWS would love a Big defender to help out the younger guys while they develop.

upload_2015-7-9_17-42-0.png

upload_2015-7-9_17-42-35.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back