Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

They sook if you even post hello on that board. I'd get life for his video.
I think they are often just messing with visitors on that board. I said it'd be nuts if James Kelly came back after 2 weeks from his ankle injury and was told I'd be banned for making a ball joke. A few more messages went back and forth before I decided to post as many references in one paragraph that I could think of at the time (post quoted below)
I didn't actually realise it was so testy in here. Sorry for the balls up fellas, I'll go back to my own board and talk about those Collingwood spuds.

They then let me in on the joke that the guy I was replying to was just stirring me up and a friendly private message from the guy I'd been talking to. Anyway, I left thinking they were ok on that board after that. Lots of other boards wouldn't have made the effort to clear things up and probably would have just banned me for biting back.

He has been awesome. His defensive application has been all we need. But his outside run has been as good as we have outside Sidebottom. Some people have been surprised he has offered so much defensively, but that's courtesy of a misunderstanding of what he gave Geelong. His defensive game was always good, which is why he was such a clever recruit.

Really interested also to see how he polls in this seasons Copeland?

I reckon the Football department would absolutely love what he's brought to the club and pretty confident he'll be top 3 if not win it.

Has anyone won it in their first season from a trade?

Was 1994 Buckley's first season at Collingwood?

I was one who thought why the hell did we sign him but now I am very wrong he has been great for us
I'm not too proud to say that I also questioned the recruitment of Varcoe, and was very wrong.

I heard him interviewed awhile back and he mentioned Bucks had really freed him up, more so from a mental point of view in that he tended to overthink things. It's great to hear things like that, because you want to see that a coach can improve already established players.

He's become one of the main players I like to watch every week, he's not perfect, but he's just so good through the middle, his reaction times and decision making is better, much better than I expected.

But I'm most impressed with his consistent effort, I was expecting a good game every 5-6, he's smashed that prediction out of the park so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really struggling to find fault with Varcoe's game. He has been outstanding for us. Must be in top 3 contention for the Copeland, and with Crisp in the top 5. Not bad for two traded in players who were thought to be just so so.

Should we be giving Balme some credit for Travis, given the Cats connection?

I'm really struggling to find fault with Varcoe's game. He has been outstanding for us. Must be in top 3 contention for the Copeland, and with Crisp in the top 5. Not bad for two traded in players who were thought to be just so so.

Should we be giving Balme some credit for Travis, given the Cats connection?

We got Varcoe before we got Balme

He makes me ask Tony who?;)

Sorry TA I still love you

Don't be dissin' Tony!!

tumblr_lzbovdDReY1qi4nyc.png

Just watched Varcoe hosting the B&W show. He's very quietly spoken and comes across as a pretty humble guy. Really glad he's at the club. Hopefully we can get a premiership while he's here!

Just watched it also......one of the best B&W shows.

Very funny.......good work Varcoe just like you have done all year!

Just watched Varcoe hosting the B&W show. He's very quietly spoken and comes across as a pretty humble guy. Really glad he's at the club. Hopefully we can get a premiership while he's here!
That visible, slight level of innocent discomfort having to present something. Absolute gun on the field. Love him. If we do get a premiership, it will be thanks to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back