Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus a governance structure "the SANFL Commission" (who can believe they still have such a group of dinosaurs of irrelevance) that have one goal- take as much as they can from the 2 AFL "tenants". That's governance in dinosaur land

Sad sad sad indictment and a loss by Demetriou in getting AO...........................

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sa...a-northern-stand/story-fnelctok-1227439149405

Articles like this are why I hate Adelaide.

“Keep the hill,” the 34-year-old, of Ferryden Park, said.

“It’s important we don’t take it away from the cricket fans.

“Footy has already taken three-quarters of this stadium, it’s got enough.”

Cricket fans arent why the stadium was rebuilt. Footy is why cricket is out of debt, Footy is why the stadium is at it is.

“That scoreboard has been there forever, you can’t just knock it down,” he said.

Sure you can. Or you can move it to other places to preserve the history if needed. The old MCG scoreboard is still in use at Manuka Oval. You can move the Adelaide one to Adelaide Oval No. 2 even.

“West Lakes (the former home of AFL in Adelaide) was a footy stadium, but this is a cricket stadium.”

its a cricket ground inside a football stadium. No longer can adelaide oval really be considered a cricket stadium. Stuff like this is why progress gets halted and we get half arsed designs that arent long term practical.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sa...a-northern-stand/story-fnelctok-1227439149405

Cricket fans arent why the stadium was rebuilt. Footy is why cricket is out of debt, Footy is why the stadium is at it is.

Sure you can. Or you can move it to other places to preserve the history if needed. The old MCG scoreboard is still in use at Manuka Oval. You can move the Adelaide one to Adelaide Oval No. 2 even.

its a cricket ground inside a football stadium. No longer can adelaide oval really be considered a cricket stadium. Stuff like this is why progress gets halted and we get half arsed designs that arent long term practical.
I read about that AFL survey this morning.I didn't see it anywhere or had the opportunity to answer it.The ground is crying out for a Northern stand in at least the next 15 years.Some plonker reckons leave the scoreboard because it has been there for ever,What about keeping up with the times?I think the SCG scoreboard is still there somewhere?They just built stands in front of it.Don't quote me however.

Same sentiments engulf the MCG, footy fans keep the facilities viable.

I despise the SA pissant mentality as much as anyone, perhaps more, but Jesus, I reckon everyone needs to take a breath on the call for building a northern grand stand.

I think the hill itself is almost redundant. You could still rip up the grass, replacing it with seats while leaving the scoreboard and Moreton Bay Figs in full view without losing the character of that end.

I think the hill itself is almost redundant. You could still rip up the grass, replacing it with seats while leaving the scoreboard and Moreton Bay Figs in full view without losing the character of that end.

I've had to come in that end twice as a result of not being able to park where we usually do.

As I made my way past the hill on the way to our executive seat in the Riverdance Stand I couldn't help but look to my left and think "you poor bastards".

Sure, it's probably good once or twice for the novelty factor, but bugger having to stake your claim amidst all that humanity 11+ times a year.

The standing room is something that is liked by many though? Whilst I neither agree or disagree with your scenario, you'd have to think the seats would come out during the cricket season and it become grass again? Not sure how expensive or logistically difficult that would be, but gotta have the hill for cricket. I personally like the way the ground is and I honestly don't think we need another 10-15,000 seats.

Why are we talking about this simultaneously in 2 threads?

Because Rick didn't merge the Ralph Macchio discussion with the Can Your Wife Get Mouth Herpes From A Toiletseat? pow-wow.

Can anyone please confirm a question asked by a friend?

Does footy have control of AO from Mid March each year or later?

Thanks

RussellEbertHandball

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hill is amazing at the cricket and when there is a smallish footy crowd. But in a large crowd like last weekend I would rather stick thumb tacks into my phallus whilst listening to constant Katy Perry then stand on that hill.
So you're telling me you'd enjoy repeated dick-piercing while listening to s**t music, before standing on the hill?

Sounds like a good night.

The big test for AO 2015 looms- Port V St Kilda followed by Port v GWS. So far our crowds have been good but I have a queezy feeling in the tummy about these games. They are the litmus test for our drawing power. If we can average 35,000 for these two we will have done well.

Not sure how many we will pull to the Freo game at 12.00 on a Friday. :)

The safety word is fluffy rabbit.
image.png

Can anyone please confirm a question asked by a friend?

Does footy have control of AO from Mid March each year or later?

Thanks

RussellEbertHandball
Yes. Read the Adelaide Oval Management and Redevelopment Act and if you do a search in this thread for SANFL licence signed in November 2011 with The Minister it confirms the mechanics of the Act. Footy season is 15th March to 7th October inc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back