A League Offseason Talk 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

it's fair enough too. he has a lot of attributes to take his game far as a winger. tricky, quick and confident. just needs to work on his composure and temperament at times, but he's still a kid. hopefully he goes over there and sticks at it.

winston reid went there for a while and then moved to west ham. they're amongst the top teams there every year, which gets them europa and champions league opportunities. i believe they're in the 2nd qualifying round right now for the cl.

The champions Midtjylland. Reportedly for 1.3 mil too...... good bit of business if true.

wow nice handy pocket money their for United!

Well done to the kid obviously has talent, if he can slow down a bit and be more composed in front of goal he'll be a gem. hope he makes it personally.

Could be anything if he found some composure. And also minus the dummy spits. He was presented before the crowd tonight and very nearly teared up, will be missed.

Disappointed to see him go to be honest but the money will be handy. I've been saying for months he needs to stick around in the A-League for another season because I still think he's too raw to go overseas, but good luck to him. I'm expecting to see him back in Australia in the not too distance future, though.

Could be anything if he found some composure. And also minus the dummy spits. He was presented before the crowd tonight and very nearly teared up, will be missed.
He's matured a bit in the last year I think but as I just said, too raw for mine. I hope he can do good things overseas but I'm not so sure.

Said he was AUFC for life. Our first junior product going overseas is a big deal for the club.

Wish him all the best. Bit like Charlie Cameron for mine.... the more he plays and the more the coaches back him in, the better he gets.

Disappointed to see him go to be honest but the money will be handy. I've been saying for months he needs to stick around in the A-League for another season because I still think he's too raw to go overseas, but good luck to him. I'm expecting to see him back in Australia in the not too distance future, though.
Really nice kid too, huge transition for him, heavily family orientated so hope he can make the adjustment. Good league for him to try his luck, already a couple of Championship and League 1 clubs have chatted to him so perhaps he may find his way over there in a year or two. Good luck to him

Hopefully he can further his game there because he has a lot of the attributes needed for a top winger. He's also incredibly young so he has plenty of time on his side, I just hope he settles quickly. Admittedly, if you were making your first move to Europe there are far worse places to live than Denmark.

Labinot Haliti and Mateo Poljak the latest to join the Jets.

Kofi Danning has been extended a further week on trial with us too. Not sure what went wrong for him. Can remember him bursting onto the scene and then moving to Europe but seems to have gone pear shaped for him these last few years. Hopefully he can kickstart his career.

Labinot Haliti and Mateo Poljak the latest to join the Jets.

Kofi Danning has been extended a further week on trial with us too. Not sure what went wrong for him. Can remember him bursting onto the scene and then moving to Europe but seems to have gone pear shaped for him these last few years. Hopefully he can kickstart his career.

For the third time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the third time?

I probably should have put 'again' at the end. :p

Still only young (23?) though isn't he? Still would have plenty of time to turn his stuttering career around hopefully.

I'm just happy to be bringing players in instead of sacking them! :D

I don't think many we've brought in are going to lead to a title challenge but we're essentially rebuilding everything from scratch - the playing roster, the coaching staff and the off field administration so if it helps improve the club's position, status and long term future then I'm all for it.

Caravella also retired today so that means there is probably another spot open.

Eli Babalj to Adelaide on a season loan.

Better than Djite.

No. No he's not.
Debatable.

Not entirely happy with the signing myself as we have two strikers who basically do the same thing... but it will be good competition for them both to get the starting gig since both can't start.

Would have preferred Vidosic to be honest or maybe the club could have used their brains and not signed La Rocca and got an International striker... :rolleyes:

First Hoffman, then Haliti, now Watto... no wonder Newcastle have been in a shambles. Watto puts his heart and soul into every game he plays which is probably what Newcastle need I suppose. Not much on the talent side of things though... another thing they need.

Debatable.

Not entirely happy with the signing myself as we have two strikers who basically do the same thing... but it will be good competition for them both to get the starting gig since both can't start.

Would have preferred Vidosic to be honest or maybe the club could have used their brains and not signed La Rocca and got an International striker... :rolleyes:
He's a young, fitter, faster version IMO. Talk around is that we've got another recruit coming in that could possibly be Dario. That would make us pretty dangerous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back