Review Good, Bad and Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing that we sit less than a game behind Richmond. They were being talked up as a genuine top 4 contender. We are considered by most neutrals very little chance of making the 8.

Yep, and we've been at full strength all year, we have a experienced mature squad, absolutely no disruptions to our season, haven't had any of our top six mids miss even one game yet, so there's definitely no upside to us.....:rolleyes:

Can I add in a bad ...

BAD - Rodney Eade, and all of the reporting around Ablett's injury

His angry comment during the of "got caught in the carpet" was so far off it's not funny.

The reporting of the injury isn't even close to correct :

From here - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-25/gary-ablett-limps-off-with-knee-injury :

"Shaw was tackling Adelaide's Sam Shaw when he rolled onto Ablett's left foot, anchoring it to the turf, the impact on Ablett's leg then forced it to bend inwards."

ablett.png

Bullshit. It was his own player that anchored his foot and hit his knee.

Can I add in a bad ...

BAD - Rodney Eade, and all of the reporting around Ablett's injury

His angry comment during the of "got caught in the carpet" was so far off it's not funny.

The reporting of the injury isn't even close to correct :

From here - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-25/gary-ablett-limps-off-with-knee-injury :

"Shaw was tackling Adelaide's Sam Shaw when he rolled onto Ablett's left foot, anchoring it to the turf, the impact on Ablett's leg then forced it to bend inwards."

View attachment 156204

Bullshit. It was his own player that anchored his foot and hit his knee.
Shaw Eade meant was GCS Shaw .....so he was correct

Lol - didn't realise there were two Shaws in that tackle ... so the reporting was right.

But Eade's comment was "his foot got caught in the carpet" which was very very wrong.
Was the "carpet" the term for grass .....IMO he wasn't referring to artificial turf outside the boundary line ?

Did Lever actually touch that goal kicked late? He was pretty adamant that he did but replay was unclear at game.
Wasn't he saying that it hit the post?

Yep, and we've been at full strength all year, we have a experienced mature squad, absolutely no disruptions to our season, haven't had any of our top six mids miss even one game yet, so there's definitely no upside to us.....:rolleyes:

I have a sure fire way we will beat Richmond too. I will tip Richmond! Can't fail!

Did Lever actually touch that goal kicked late? He was pretty adamant that he did but replay was unclear at game.
Wasn't he saying that it hit the post?
DABM is right. No idea whether it actually did or not. One thing I've noticed about Lever is how well he deals with that 2 on 1 situation. He's done it to both Schulz and Matera in the last 2 weeks.

He takes about 2 steps charging towards the guy with the ball, who then looks for the handball over the top. Lever then drops back to the guy in the goalsquare... Creates indecision. Both times it ended up in goals, but Schulz's just snuck through last week and Matera's may have hit the post.

Just a really clever way of dealing with an impossible situation - shows what a good footy brain he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Douglas was brilliant last week. Is in a purple patch.
Looks like he is no longer playing restricted. Box gone?

Looked so confident with the ball yesterday.

Hard to believe the brilliant goal review system didn't set that error straight :rolleyes:

How difficult/costly would it be to fit tremor sensors to the goalposts so they detect any nick by the ball? Either that or just use the Hot Spot cameras like the cricket?

Cheap ass Channel 7/Foxtel. The AFL needs to demand HD everything in the next broadcast deal.

How difficult/costly would it be to fit tremor sensors to the goalposts so they detect any nick by the ball? Either that or just use the Hot Spot cameras like the cricket?

Cheap ass Channel 7/Foxtel. The AFL needs to demand HD everything in the next broadcast deal.
Yep the way they are rocking the frames and zooming in is making the vision more blurry and less definitive resulting in an umpires call. Score revue will continue to be contentious until clearer vision becomes available.

Sure was. I mentioned this to my mate at the game. Strange move considering he is down on form.

If they were tagging a running half back (lets face it didn't do a great job and the guy was a bit of a tool) then tagged Danger its no wonder they got flogged. Teams who go defensive deserve to be smashed IMO. Its a negative mindset and a blight on EADE

Yep the way they are rocking the frames and zooming in is making the vision more blurry and less definitive resulting in an umpires call. Score revue will continue to be contentious until clearer vision becomes available.

Broadcast quality has nothing to do with the score review system. AFL games are recorded at 1080p and I imagine that's the quality they use for score reviews. The recording is then downscaled and compressed for broadcast.

Zooming will make the quality worse but they're not zooming in the broadcast feed. The problem is the shutter speed the cameras use makes motion appear blurred when paused to a single frame; using higher frame rate cameras across the ground would improve this.

Broadcast quality has nothing to do with the score review system. AFL games are recorded at 1080p and I imagine that's the quality they use for score reviews. The recording is then downscaled and compressed for broadcast.

Zooming will make the quality worse but they're not zooming in the broadcast feed. The problem is the shutter speed the cameras use makes motion appear blurred when paused to a single frame; using higher frame rate cameras across the ground would improve this.
Thank you. Any good gifs from yesterday's action?

Yeah they do record everything in 1080, and just because some farmer out back of Wedderburn doesn't have a HD TV means they cant/wont broadcast in full 1080p, I meant more in the sense of HD coverage of the game. More angles, more technology, better results.

Unfortunately I was watching on TV this time, not on my PC, so I couldn't make any. But I might watch the replay because I missed a bit of the game.
Heh no probs. The Cameron mark on the members wing and his last quarter goal were Boss.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back