Review Good, Bad and Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah probably nothing, but I don't care if a player is recovering from 2 bouts of brain surgery, to use the fact he's recovering from 2 concussions is lame.
He had one disposal less than Sloane, he was alright today. Your criticism is unjustified.
He was non-existent in the first half, but his second half was encouraging. Hopefully, onwards and upwards from here because we desperately need a firing Smith.
Smith was his brilliant self in the last quarter. Hopefully has turned the corner. Hendo had some bad moments but his confidence will grow very important speed and long kicking back him in all the way we look so much better when he plays.

Shaw was awful in the first half but turned it around somehow. Lever is a gem, very nice win we can build on.

He was tagged.

Shaw was a liability today. Made some crucial errors. Martin was hot and cold. Mostly cold. Wright was a witches hat out there. Adds no value to the team. McKay was average again.
Lever, CC, fwds and mids were superb. Dominated stoppages and clearances.
Lot of room for improvement but handled a danger game with class.
Next victim Sydney. We got this.

Good :
Charlie Cameron. Not often we get small forwards comfortable with both feet. Good left foot snap (rememer his goal against Carlton?). Tex and Betts are also pretty good on the left.

Always pleasing to see the young kids improve and shine before our very eyes. Cameron's development is beautiful to behold. Laird would be top 3 easily for best and fairest for me as well, although danger or thommo may sneak him on the night (Eddie early on, but maybe less so in recent weeks). Lever is a gun, future captain, leader, 10year+ player etc etc. Love how fired up these kids get and love how they get into a bit of biffo when the time comes for them to stand up for themselves and the team. This is about building, cultivating, and sustaining a relentless, hungry, winning, and elite culture from the ground up-- these are the kids that will lead the way.

Center clearances have been a strong point all year, mostly thanks to Jacobs being back to his best. Opposition were absolutely bullied today in this area.

In saying that, disposal efficiency and decision making is still a major area of concern. Got away with a lot today simply because the opposition ran out of steam and allowed the Crows to play freely through the middle in the last. If Dixon had taken his chances and kicked those easily kickable goals late in the third the outcome and this thread would be looking a lot different. Cannot get too far ahead of ourselves. A slightly more experienced and decent team would have made those turnovers and sloppy mistakes pay. Always good to walk away with four points and there is a lot to like in the endeavor of this team, but it was at times a very ugly win.

Good
Douglas and Sloane kicking goals allowing me to buy back into the goal kicking contest
Really like what Douglas has added in the past two game.
Cameron looks better and better. His confidence is really building. Love him and Betts together
Laird. This man has come on in leaps and bounds. Doesn't get much recognition from the media
Happy to see us run out the game in the manner that we did. I said earlier that this was a danger game and that we should assume we would win. So relieved with the result.
Good to see Sloane back and getting into the game
Danger, Jacobs
Cant forget Lever

Bad
Disposal, Disposal, Disposal. So many stupid kicks and handball. Admittedly when it comes off it does look good
Jenkins and Cameron missing set shots in the third quarter. If we had kicked those two goals I believe it would have demoralised the Suns and the result would have been all over at 3qtr time instead of being only 9 points

Ugly (for the suns)
Lynch's attack

Last edited:
Is it too early to give lever the captaincy ??

first live game ive been to in a while and watching everything he does off the ball , the way he reads the play, directs , kicks, zones off his man at the right time ...wow .....even flew the flag when danger got decked. 3 votes for lever , thought he was bog with laird and Cameron

Thommo and danger big numbers but they weren't clean at all

jenkins is in career best form , could have kicked 6

I'm a mckay critic but that was his best game in a good while, was more than solid

Wright is so sub standard it's getting like the VB situation where you feel embarrassed for him being out there......my grandma where's army boots if he's not dropped next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joker_notsureifserious.jpg

View attachment 156162

Currently sitting in 6th position, worst case scenario to complete the round, Dogs win/draw they will likely go above us and we drop to 7th.

Of our final games against teams in the 8, we play Eagles (home), Swans (away), Tigers (home).

Amazing that we sit less than a game behind Richmond. They were being talked up as a genuine top 4 contender. We are considered by most neutrals very little chance of making the 8.

first live game ive been to in a while and watching everything he does off the ball , the way he reads the play, directs , kicks, zones off his man at the right time ...wow .....even flew the flag when danger got decked. 3 votes for lever , thought he was bog with laird and Cameron

What a stupid suggestion. Clearly Riley Knight is going to be Captain next year. Gun!!!! :)

couple of observations:

- the last two weeks, our team defensive action has been back where it was at the start of the year.

- was nice to see us roll the dice and hit some kick outs down the middle. we went coast to coast a few times and were clearly setting up for it. not sure if that was down to the opposition or we'll be trying this more moving forward. its unusual for us to even attempt to play that aggressively. was good to see.

couple of observations:

- the last two weeks, our team defensive action has been back where it was at the start of the year.

- was nice to see us roll the dice and hit some kick outs down the middle. we went coast to coast a few times and were clearly setting up for it. not sure if that was down to the opposition or we'll be trying this more moving forward. its unusual for us to even attempt to play that aggressively. was good to see.

I dont think the Suns handled the conditions well when kicking against the wind which was their undoing in my opinion. Mind you our shanks of kicking in the third could have cost us the game, it really left the door open.

That free kick against Hartigan to Dixon at the end of the 3rd quarter is easily the worst decision I've seen in a marking contest this season.

Easily. I yelled out contact every time the maggots blew the whistle.

Thommo and danger big numbers but they weren't clean at all

jenkins is in career best form , could have kicked 6

I'm a mckay critic but that was his best game in a good while, was more than solid

Wright is so sub standard it's getting like the VB situation where you feel embarrassed for him being out there......my grandma where's army boots if he's not dropped next week

I thought he was close to BOG, but he didn't even make it in the top 7 listed in the Sunday Mail! :eek: Richard Earle did the write up, and voted Laird, Jacobs, Dangerfield, Sloane, Cameron, Thompson and Jenkins. (All very good, but Lever had to be in there somewhere.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back