No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To boo or not to boo? That is the question.

The issue to me is that irrespective of what people think of Adam Goodes the man, Adam Goodes the player, his colour is the only thing some people see and thus can the boo him because of their dislike of his colour and use other people's reasons for booing (his sniping, staging, personality) as camouflage.

I'm white and have been abused in many ways in sports I have played but have never had a comment made about being white. I have played in a team of many nationalities and colours here in London and have carried out the same acts as my team mates and yet the criticism of my black team mates has always included a reference to their colour.

I'm not saying people should not criticise people because of their colour but one should consider the perception of doing it as much as their own personal reason for doing it. Fair? Probably not but I'm sure we can celebrate winnng and leave the booing to others?
That's your opinion, which you are entitled to, but I strongly disagree.

I don't go to watch Sydney live, unless Hawthorn play them in a GF. When I have, I do not boo him or anyone else.

I do not like Goodes, but that has absolutely 100% nothing to do with his skin color.
It is due to the way he carries himself both on-field & off-field. I do not like some of the things he regularly does in a game.
Nor do I like the way he carries himself in many interviews.

The same can be said for many other players in the AFL who have white skin.

Brendan Goddard is the 1st to come to mind. I think he's an absolute flog both on & off the field.

I could only name 1 other indigenous player that I don't like to watch.
But that's due to him leaving our great club. Great player who handles himself pretty well in interviews

KB is like any Tigger flog, festered by jealousy of how good our club is. Probably not happy that Tucky smashed his games record too.
I dont usually listen to SEN in the mornings but have the past 2 days.

Yesterday it was trying to get Gibbo weeks, and now it's Hodge. Later it will be the fans who started the racist booing storm.

Lead up to Richmond game, he's in fine form

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to, but I strongly disagree.

I don't go to watch Sydney live, unless Hawthorn play them in a GF. When I have, I do not boo him or anyone else.

I do not like Goodes, but that has absolutely 100% nothing to do with his skin color.
It is due to the way he carries himself both on-field & off-field. I do not like some of the things he regularly does in a game.
Nor do I like the way he carries himself in many interviews.

The same can be said for many other players in the AFL who have white skin.

Brendan Goddard is the 1st to come to mind. I think he's an absolute flog both on & off the field.

I could only name 1 other indigenous player that I don't like to watch.
But that's due to him leaving our great club. Great player who handles himself pretty well in interviews

What an outrageous thing to say!! Floglin handling himself in an interview well? Preposterous!!

Whats the old fossil saying now?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just brought up Hodgey disposing of Fyfe in the marking contest at Tassie. Saying it was a blatant cheat and should have been a free to Fyfe.

Old campaigner

Just read the Richmond preview analysis on their board. Thought it was astute and balanced.

Disagree that their backline has been better given we've had less scored on ours even with a revolving door installed down there with injuries eliminating its ability to settle.

But other than that it was pretty good. Until you get to the margin prediction... 39 points... to Richmond :confused:

Just brought up Hodgey disposing of Fyfe in the marking contest at Tassie. Saying it was a blatant cheat and should have been a free to Fyfe.

Old campaigner
He isn't still going on about that? His whole argument is based on his incorrect observation that Hodge gives him two separate pushes in the back. When in reality Hodge bumps him off balance and then pushes him further away from the drop into his side. Perfectly legal.

Old campaigner

Yes because that decision totally effected the outcome of the game, hey KB?

What an outrageous thing to say!! Floglin handling himself in an interview well? Preposterous!!
You are right
Maybe I should have worded it slightly better.

Buddy does not turn an interview into being about him or what he wants in life.

He constantly talks about the team & the other players.

Old campaigner
Sooky la la.

It happened on the flank right in front of me. Could possibly have been called pushing....but I have seen some of our KP backmen openly pushed or just manhandled out of the way with rarely a free kick paid for it. As well as our onballers being shoved in the back and dont get me started on pre-emptive tackling. Its unbelievable what Cloke has been allowed to do all season....along with some others.

KB needs to talk to Wayne Campbell....not the microphone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kb and sen are the worst thing that's happened to footy in the last 5 to 10 years! There's people on that station that push their agenda from day one and because this state is full of footy head bigots, the 'Agenda pushers' get their messege across with ease. KB is a s**t bloke, has always been and has been involved in aa selections and the rules committee???? Why?? Because he played 400 games of footy 40 years ago? He still thinks there's no need for interchange bench FfS!!! Without listening or reading in a long time, can someone SCHOCK me and tell me that these people I'm gonna name ever say anything good/positive about hawthorn? Other than the obvious?
Patrick smith
Caroline Wilson
Kevin Bartlett
Craig Hutchinson
I'm gonna take a good god damn guess and say 'NO'!

have a listen to KB whinge about Hodge ffs.

this old campaigner has sniped us all year

Rance does it every single marking contest. And the one time he got pinged (against Pav - which I agree was a bad call, but he has so much form on this) the Tigs went in to meltdown.

Cloke does it at every single marking contest too. Almost never pinged. He was rag-dolling Lake the entire game right in front of an umpire and Lake knew the first time he did it to Cloke he would give away a free - so he resisted.

Mind you, giving Cloke a free kick is a clever way to get the ball back, because you get the reset after a behind is scored.

Kb and sen are the worst thing that's happened to footy in the last 5 to 10 years! There's people on that station that push their agenda from day one and because this state is full of footy head bigots, the 'Agenda pushers' get their messege across with ease. KB is a s**t bloke, has always been and has been involved in aa selections and the rules committee???? Why?? Because he played 400 games of footy 40 years ago? He still thinks there's no need for interchange bench FfS!!! Without listening or reading in a long time, can someone SCHOCK me and tell me that these people I'm gonna name ever say anything good/positive about hawthorn? Other than the obvious?
Patrick smith
Caroline Wilson
Kevin Bartlett
Craig Hutchinson
I'm gonna take a good god damn guess and say 'NO'!

SEN has some quality and some rubbish. KB is some of the rubbish.

No surprise that the MRP report on afl.com.au highlights that Gibbo is walking some imaginary tightrope by attracting his second fine.

In the same article it is stated that both Swallow (the Nth variety) and Lewis jetta have also racked up 2nd fines and yet it seems that it's only Hawthorn's Gibbo who is walking on ice. Sensationalist Flogs!

Did anyone spot any reason why Gibbo would hit the blue-bagger in any case? Was he reacting to something done to him? Seems he has really taken the angry pills this year. I hope he pulls his head in for the rest of the year as we couldn't afford to lose him for some of the important games.

No surprise that the MRP report on afl.com.au highlights that Gibbo is walking some imaginary tightrope by attracting his second fine.

In the same article it is stated that both Swallow (the Nth variety) and Lewis jetta have also racked up 2nd fines and yet it seems that it's only Hawthorn's Gibbo who is walking on ice. Sensationalist Flogs!

Maybe they've already written Sydney and North off as finals contenders

Maybe they've already written Sydney and North off as finals contenders
At this point in time it looks like they have done a good job of writing themselves off.

He isn't still going on about that? His whole argument is based on his incorrect observation that Hodge gives him two separate pushes in the back. When in reality Hodge bumps him off balance and then pushes him further away from the drop into his side. Perfectly legal.

I think the way KB reads it Hodge was meant to get out of the way and give Fyfe a clear passage.

Fact is the ball was kicked to Hodges advantage and Hodge was good enough to hold his advantage. The end.

That's a good(es) move!
yellowCard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back