SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Why is it that we can never beat any top teams? We can't beat Hawthorn we can't beat Freo we can't beat Sydney we can't beat West Coast we can't beat any of the teams at the top of the table year after year now it seems. Since 2012 we've beaten none of them. How can this club ever win another premiership if they are unable to beat any of the top teams in the competition? Are we just happy to be a mid-table club for years to come?

We're just a bit unrealistic as supporters. Its a young team. Its also a bit slow and lacking some run. We've worked hard the last couple of weeks and its taken it out of us. The upside is now we have some major talent in the team and they have a fair bit of upside. As much as this poor half is out of the box, we can also produce good games out of the box as well. Dont be surprised if we beat Richmond.

Secondly, I still reckon our tactics are substandard. Nearly all the possession advantage Sydney have over us is from manufacturing uncontested ball. We've got better at this over the last 3 games, but today is back to our standard for the last two years. Our defensive setups and lack of proactive setups is also a prob.

Because we are an average side, with the worst skills in the league and probably the worst decision making. Not to mention we hug more than tackle.

What brings us up to the average level is that we have a couple of genuine stars that carry the rest of the guys.

Skill,decision making and tackling have been three things we have been poor at for a few seasons. This is the reason we can not consistently beat good sides.

Because we are an average side, with the worst skills in the league and probably the worst decision making. Not to mention we hug more than tackle.

What brings us up to the average level is that we have a couple of genuine stars that carry the rest of the guys.

Skill,decision making and tackling have been three things we have been poor at for a few seasons. This is the reason we can not consistently beat good sides.

Not to mention low football I.Q

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played great against Freo, and we were good for most of the game against Hawthorn until the 4th quarter. Even our effort against West Coast wasn't bad giving the circumstances but I believe they are the best team in the AFL right now. Sydney are a good team, but we are not trying .... many distractions out there.

So, we see these sort of performances to give us an idea of where we really are at, position 7-14 on the ladder and we won't rise above them because we have poor kicking efficiency, poor outside run and a lack of two way run through our midfield.

Yet when any players are suggested at being traded, this board erupts with the "you can't get rid of him...we will only trade spuds" and when players are suggested to be brought in, the board once again erupts with " he's a downhill skier, he'll cost us and it isn't worth it"

As a club, we need to be ruthless, it isn't or shouldn't be a boys club, it is a football club and a business first and we need to start acting like it. The club needs to make tough, unpopular decisions going forward or we are never going to make top 4...because top 4 is where it is at, anything less is a waste of time.

This a thousand times! We haven't been able to tackle properly for years, and nothing changes. It's a wonder I have any hair left! Also, complete lack of footy smarts. They don't know where the ball's going to fall, and are always miles away from their opponents. Then when they do get it, they dither around and kick it straight to an opposition player. :mad:

We are pretty much the only predictable team in the comp. I think I have tipped us correctly every game this season except the 2nd Showdown.

Many other teams around us I am lucky to have tipped them right 50% of the time.

I think I would rather that than for example beat Hawthorn yet lose to Brisbane the same season. Infuriating.

Last edited:
As a club, we need to be ruthless, it isn't or shouldn't be a boys club, it is a football club and a business first and we need to start acting like it. The club needs to make tough, unpopular decisions going forward or we are never going to make top 4...because top 4 is where it is at, anything less is a waste of time.

Agreed, but we can't even make the tough (right) calls at the selection table cos we don't like to hurt the players feelings. We sure as hell ain't gonna start to make the tough calls on their careers. We are weak as water, fagan has a long way to bring us back. Trigg has broken our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back