Analysis Adelaide against the top teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop twisting after the event. youve been tediously banging on about experience for what seems like forever.

But as has been shown before there isn't really any correlation between age/experience and ladder position now is there?

Hawthorn had 3416 games versus Richmonds 2284 how did they lose?
Free had 2694 games (how are they top?) versus GWS 1522. Shouldn't the margin have been more than 21 points? :D

Oh and whilst the pretty pictures are nice and all, it would be useful if you also included the data tables, as you aren't always the most reliable in terms of what you include/exclude.
I put in black and white the limitations and assumptions. I can't help it if you can't understand and have comprehension problems. I also can't help it if you choose to be deliberately obtuse and deliberately misrepresent what I said.

If you don't find anything valuable you are free to keep you trap shut and not mash your fat fingers on the keyboard in a vain attempt to score cheap Internetz pointz.

You really don't add anything to the argument. And don't provide any evidence of your own for investigation.

Maybe you can jog off to another thread where you have something original to add rather than just nay-say because you are a grumpy old fart.

But you graphed a data table not a set of limitations and assumptions!! :D
And the factor that experience can be attributed to wins was something like 58ish% IIRC.

With other factors clearly involved which were outlined.

I'm sure your reading comprehension isn't that bad. So I can only assume you skipped all the reading and just launched into internet attack mode before even attempting to peruse the data presented.

You making wrong assumptions about the analysis and not understanding the data does not make the analysis wrong..... But continually pretending that I claimed something I didn't only makes you look dumb.

And the factor that experience can be attributed to wins was something like 58ish% IIRC.

With other factors clearly involved which were outlined.

I'm sure your reading comprehension isn't that bad. So I can only assume you skipped all the reading and just launched into internet attack mode before even attempting to peruse the data presented.

You making wrong assumptions about the analysis and not understanding the data does not make the analysis wrong..... But continually pretending that I claimed something I didn't only makes you look dumb.

My assumptions and analysis on your presented theories are just fine thank you. As you well know judging by how much you're flapping and floundering ;)

Second win against a top eight side since we beat North Melbourne in round 1. We showed great intensity but terrible efficiency to grind out a good win. But does it say more about Richmond than it does about us? Their supporters must be so frustrated that Richmond is again losing games after promising so much. I still can't help feel that our intensity when it is there will keep us in the game but our poor skills will not get us over the line against good sides. Still I did enjoy tonight's effort.

Been a lot of talk about us being a young side - Average list age anyone?

1st Freo
2nd North
3rd Essendon - yikes old and no good
4th Hawthorn
5th Sydney
6th Geelong
7th Carlton - sad list
8th Adelaide

9th Richmond - top side
10th Melb
11th WCE - top side
12th Port - should be top side
13th Collingwood
14th St.Kilda
15th Brisbane
16th WB - wow, impressive this year
17th GCS
18th GWS - juggernaught with a bullet

So lets not think that we are rocketing up the table because we are a "young" side. Nor are we decimated by injuries any more than a number of other better performing sides. I know we all like to wear rose coloured glasses but the cold hard facts are our list is not good enough, not enough genuine game winners, too many non AFL standard players and no quick fix in sight.

We are however a whole lot better off than Carlton and Essendon who are destined for a long time in the cellar.

We're just a bit unrealistic as supporters. Its a young team. Its also a bit slow and lacking some run. We've worked hard the last couple of weeks and its taken it out of us. The upside is now we have some major talent in the team and they have a fair bit of upside. As much as this poor half is out of the box, we can also produce good games out of the box as well. Dont be surprised if we beat Richmond.

Secondly, I still reckon our tactics are substandard. Nearly all the possession advantage Sydney have over us is from manufacturing uncontested ball. We've got better at this over the last 3 games, but today is back to our standard for the last two years. Our defensive setups and lack of proactive setups is also a prob.

Marvellous call that........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows of old probably would have gotten up for the Richmond game and won.

We wouldn't have gotten up for the West Coast game - probably more like a competitive 'ran them to the end' type of performance on a good day.

We definitely would not, in a million years, have beaten a team above us away from home in an elimination final.

We're getting there. Keep this up and we'll get back the respect we need to be relevant to this competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back