Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter's old man is probably more concerned about when he can put his next bet on than where Lachie plays his footy.

Interesting that both westernbulldogs.com.au and vfl.com.au had Ayce Cordy in the bests with vfl.com.au naming him best on the ground.

Not talking about VFL level, was talking when he was in the team at AFL level. Cordy is good at VFL level, but when he has to come up against AFL standard ruckman, he's not good enough and I think he's proven that earlier this year. He was uncompetitive at the ruck contests and so we had to resort to player's like Jong going third man up all the time.

I think he's an easy delist choice, perhaps rookie him if we are absolutely desperate for back up. Would rather not though.

Hawks board reckon O'Meara is destined for Vic next year and be in the brown and gold...

Not talking about VFL level, was talking when he was in the team at AFL level. Cordy is good at VFL level, but when he has to come up against AFL standard ruckman, he's not good enough and I think he's proven that earlier this year. He was uncompetitive at the ruck contests and so we had to resort to player's like Jong going third man up all the time.

I think he's an easy delist choice, perhaps rookie him if we are absolutely desperate for back up. Would rather not though.

So who do we bring in ?

Ayce has played about 5 games as AFL ruck. Despite his age counting against him, he is still improving and not just in ruckwork. His forward craft and ability to take contested or pack marks in VFL continues to improve.

I'd rather have Roughie as #1, with Campbell and Ayce as backup - than delist Ayce and cough up a pick (and extra salary) to someone for a 2nd/3rd choice ruckman. Doesn't make sense in my eyes to give up extra for something that we already have. Hitouts are overrated, otherwise Freo would have a flag by now.

Would we have any interest in Matthew Lobbe? Port may see him as expendable if they prefer Ryder to be the number one ruck.

We could probably work out a trade like Hawthorn did for McEvoy.

God I hope not

Hrovat's potential trade value being damaged by the fact he's not playing senior footy. Interested to know if his game yesterday in the Magoos was worth being recalled?

He played ok, but he's not pushing for senior selection hard enough IMO. I think he's a really promising player though.

Interesting that both westernbulldogs.com.au and vfl.com.au had Ayce Cordy in the bests with vfl.com.au naming him best on the ground.

He wasn't best on ground IMO. I thought Zaine and Hineychurch were clearly best on for us. Dempsey best overall.

Is Z Cordy likely to develop into a key position player? Or, will he simply be a mid range defender - play on the second or third best forward?

Superstar rebounding defender I think. Really, really, really like him.

Guys

Please don't fire off shots at hunter. He's quietly going about his business and has completely turned his footy around.

I can understand why he was disappointed at his suspension and how it was handled, and it's those around him that are still jumping up and down about it.

So do you Think it's water under the bridge from Lachie's perspective now and it's just the others getting in his ear or he still has feelings about it?

So who do we bring in ?

Ayce has played about 5 games as AFL ruck. Despite his age counting against him, he is still improving and not just in ruckwork. His forward craft and ability to take contested or pack marks in VFL continues to improve.

I'd rather have Roughie as #1, with Campbell and Ayce as backup - than delist Ayce and cough up a pick (and extra salary) to someone for a 2nd/3rd choice ruckman. Doesn't make sense in my eyes to give up extra for something that we already have. Hitouts are overrated, otherwise Freo would have a flag by now.

I agree hitouts are overrated, but the other issue with Ayce is his around the ground work wasn't good enough to make up for it. He's been given quite a few opportunities up forward at AFL and for the most part doesn't look like it. He's still only showing small glimpses (at AFL) which is now not good enough for a player that's been in the system for 7 years. He should be showing a lot more to warrant a spot on the list and I personally can't see him making it.

Dalrymple gave an indication we will be trying to trade in a ruck/forward, I think that will be enough if we keep Minson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK just went through everything else I can put my 2 cents in

Think stringer would have still been there at 12...pretty sure geelong at 13 or 14 and wanted him
Richmond, Norf, Geelong and Fremantle were all after Stringer as far of what I know. If we did that rip off deal with GWS to get Martin then Richmond would've chose between Stringer and Vlastuin at pick 9. Who knows if GWS were into him also who would've had 5 of the first 6 picks then.
Till end of 2016 , watch the vultures attempt to swoop on him.
Yep, can see Gold Coast going after him if they fail again next year. Well done Clayton :thumbsu: Maybe Melbourne too off the back of McCartney's influence?
Recently contracted SOS to save the club. Comes back from GWS with a heap of kid's mobile numbers ;)
LOL, well that was already in full swing last year even if SOS was at GWS at the time of the Jaksch deal
McStay is the man for me. Very mobile KPF that can play CHF with Boyd at FF. Then when Boyd goes into the ruck chop out Roughie, McStay can push deep so we still have a target.

Let's reunite the best mates.
The AFL would give them a PP if that happened, the melts would be massive
If he was repeatedly showing up late for training and not showing enough commitment then a suspension (only 1 game in the end I think it worked out to be) is a perfectly fine punishment. If he still wants to leave at the end of the year with what we are building here then he is insane and I'm happy for him to leave, purely because after recent events I want 100% committed players here. Very happy his recent play would have made his value explode from 3rd rounder to possibly late 1st rounder if he keeps this level up through to the end of the year.
If he does request a trade then we should demand something we need in return............talls

Would love him to stay if he keeps this commitment and form up though

For the #th time, McStay recently signed a contract extension - we'd have to pay through the nose to get him in the minute chance he did want to leave.

Dalrymple gave an indication we will be trying to trade in a ruck/forward, I think that will be enough if we keep Minson.

We want to trade for a ruckman to replace Minson not Cordy, he is goner at years end

I agree hitouts are overrated, but the other issue with Ayce is his around the ground work wasn't good enough to make up for it. He's been given quite a few opportunities up forward at AFL and for the most part doesn't look like it. He's still only showing small glimpses (at AFL) which is now not good enough for a player that's been in the system for 7 years. He should be showing a lot more to warrant a spot on the list and I personally can't see him making it.

We want to trade for a ruckman to replace Minson not Cordy, he is goner at years end

This would also be my assessment. And it may not be a ready made replacement. Roughead, Campbell, Cordy, a young kid - with Redpath/Boyd pinch hitting - would be more than ample in our ruck stocks.

I just can't see us spending a 2nd round or better pick - which we'd need to do - to grab something slightly better than we already have. Still gaps in our list, so need to fill those - not just for next year, but beyond...

But a young ruckman, someone still learning the caper with years of potential playing time and improvement ahead of him - that's the direction I think we'll take.

Amazing how it only takes 2 weeks for people to do an abrupt 180 turn on one player.

Go back to this thread roughly 2-3 weeks ago, and see everybody crying about trading Hunter before he loses even MORE trade value. Now we'd hate to trade him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back