Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how it only takes 2 weeks for people to do an abrupt 180 turn on one player.

Go back to this thread roughly 2-3 weeks ago, and see everybody crying about trading Hunter before he loses even MORE trade value. Now we'd hate to trade him!
That's not true, they wanted to trade the old, selfish Hunter. It's he who has done the 180 and the traders have simply followed suit.

That's not true, they wanted to trade the old, selfish Hunter. It's he who has done the 180 and the traders have simply followed suit.
Spot on, kid has done everything right and is reaping the benefits, isn't it amazing that when you do what the coaches want your footy improves, we have 10 players who have all had moments this year, most have listened and we are a vastly improved side for it.

Spot on, kid has done everything right and is reaping the benefits, isn't it amazing that when you do what the coaches want your footy improves, we have 10 players who have all had moments this year, most have listened and we are a vastly improved side for it.

Other than perhaps Minson I can't think of one player from last year who hasn't improved since the new regime.

We want to trade for a ruckman to replace Minson not Cordy, he is goner at years end
This would also be my assessment. And it may not be a ready made replacement. Roughead, Campbell, Cordy, a young kid - with Redpath/Boyd pinch hitting - would be more than ample in our ruck stocks.

I just can't see us spending a 2nd round or better pick - which we'd need to do - to grab something slightly better than we already have. Still gaps in our list, so need to fill those - not just for next year, but beyond...

But a young ruckman, someone still learning the caper with years of potential playing time and improvement ahead of him - that's the direction I think we'll take.

Fair enough, I just don't see a future with Cordy and would only rookie him if it becomes necessary for back up. Sadly I don't think he will ever have the right size and aggression to be a ruckman nor am I a fan of his around the ground ability even in the VFL.

I think there's a very good chance we will be trading or using free agency to land a ruck in the off season IMO.

Fair enough, I just don't see a future with Cordy and would only rookie him if it becomes necessary for back up. Sadly I don't think he will ever have the right size and aggression to be a ruckman nor am I a fan of his around the ground ability even in the VFL.

I think there's a very good chance we will be trading or using free agency to land a ruck in the off season IMO.

Come on down... Kruezer!

I can understand that. For mine, for his (relatively) cheap salary - he works hard, runs hard, fills in gaps in defence and tries to make a contest. Yep, he lacks aggression (although his brother seems to have it), but perhaps 7 years of being injured has made him less enthusiastic for the contest....

I think he'll stay, Minson will be moved on and we'll pick up a development ruckman of some sort...

A free agent would be more appealing, but after seeing Luey get injured again - I wouldn't touch him with a 200 ft pole (or several Ayce Cordys). So who would be left ?

What's Caleb Marchbank's contract status? Does he stay at Great Waste of Space for 2 years as a new recruit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mutt has a direct line in, and despite being highly rated by our crew, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Caleb is happy in Sydney and appreciates the faith that GWS has shown in him by using their pick 6 to draft him. There are no signs whatsoever that he is considering anything other than gaining a permanent spot in the GWS side. That can change I suppose, but I'd be staggered if he doesn't at least see out his two year contract with GWS.

I can understand that. For mine, for his (relatively) cheap salary - he works hard, runs hard, fills in gaps in defence and tries to make a contest. Yep, he lacks aggression (although his brother seems to have it), but perhaps 7 years of being injured has made him less enthusiastic for the contest....

I think he'll stay, Minson will be moved on and we'll pick up a development ruckman of some sort...

A free agent would be more appealing, but after seeing Luey get injured again - I wouldn't touch him with a 200 ft pole (or several Ayce Cordys). So who would be left ?

Kreuzer is our best option for a free agent, get the feeling Carlton love him though. Maybe Bellchambers, but he's not so great.

I tend to think we might be looking more at a trade. Max Gawn perhaps.

Caleb is happy in Sydney and appreciates the faith that GWS has shown in him by using their pick 6 to draft him. There are no signs whatsoever that he is considering anything other than gaining a permanent spot in the GWS side. That can change I suppose, but I'd be staggered if he doesn't at least see out his two year contract with GWS.
how is he knee/knees? Definitely had a bad run with injuries, but love the way he plays
Reminds me of Brian Lake at his best

Kreuzer is our best option for a free agent, get the feeling Carlton love him though. Maybe Bellchambers, but he's not so great.

I tend to think we might be looking more at a trade. Max Gawn perhaps.
6 AFL clubs are chasing Gawn and we aren't one of them
trust me, he's asking price is way way too much

how is he knee/knees? Definitely had a bad run with injuries, but love the way he plays
Reminds me of Brian Lake at his best

OK I think. I didn't ask for a medical. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back