List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't rule out Gold Coast picking Parish at all, as he is the exact type that Scott Clayton loves (skinny, fast, skillful) and they have plenty of very good HB options (Kolodjashnij, Harbrow, Saad, McKenzie, etc) so may not be too keen on Francis.

As for Holmes v Longer, if what Jason did tonight is anything to go by then I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be be building our ruck division around him from next year onwards. What a difference it made actually winning the clearances for a change and just think of how much better they could be with Armo back in there and with everyone on the same page as to what Holmes will do with his taps, especially the ones he "spikes" 5-10m forwards- which will take some time (to build that chemistry and understanding).

I thought Holmes outrucked Longer in the NAB Challenge game v Essendon earlier in the year and as such I was disappointed that he was subbed off so early that day and after seeing him again tonight, I again consider him to be superior to Billy in the ruck (and also very competitive when the ball hits the ground) and as such I don't see why we wouldn't go with him if he keeps that sort of form up.

To put it simply, if Billy was available next week I wouldn't want us to be bringing him back in at Holmes expense. No way Jose.
Im a big fan of Longers.
And have been a little surprised on reading how a few peeps seem to have lost interest in him after just ONE good showing from Holmes.
But at least you said "if he keeps that form up" in regards to Holmes staying in.
That will be interesting to see if he can.
Im not gonna throw the baby out with the bath water just yet .Even though Billy wont play again in 2015, ive still got Longer/Hickey as my ruck combo moving fwd.
BUT if Holmes continues form like this and keeps improving then YES I agree. We may very well have a new number 1 ruck.
Gotta improve Holme's kicking and hand balling because he could have the potential to dominate at centre bounces.
I like Longers aggression. I like Hickey improvement as a fwd. And I liked seeing Holmes win so many hit outs .
This is such a better position to be in compared to the Grant Thomas ruck era.

Pick 25 and Lewis peorce for someone?
Like a Motlop or Carlisle or Bennel
What are you thoughts on this trade being out there?

Or also out pick 5 and pick 25 for pick 20 and Carlisle
Something like that maybe, spin some thoughts
I would love Carlisle, but not for our 1st pick, that really has to go on a mid with pace such as a Kelly or Parish, with regards to Pearce I don't know if any would want him at this stage, he is very young, but anything could happen.

I think that a player, would need to be involved in any trade that happens and you could be right, it maybe someone like Pearce, or one our inside mids like a Seb:cry:, but the only guys I see going are the ones not currently getting any game time (Siposs or White).

Sounds as though Harley Bennell will be on the move at the end of the year. I hope we can land him. Exactly what we need and I think he will be a better player than Motlop in the long run. Although I wouldn't say no to Motlop either, he was fantastic last night.

Sounds as though Harley Bennell will be on the move at the end of the year. I hope we can land him. Exactly what we need and I think he will be a better player than Motlop in the long run. Although I wouldn't say no to Motlop either, he was fantastic last night.

What's the latest?

Over the moon that Jason showed everyone some of what he can do on the big stage last night.

Mind you, it was Vardys first game for the season and Blicavs is a mid being played in the ruck due to injuries and I reckon he broke even against those two last night.

I'm as excited as everyone else but reality is that Longer is younger, more promising and has done it for the whole season. Bit of disrespect to think we have just replaced him.

Have to remember as well Holmes was rucking against someone who hadn't played for 2 years

What a silly post. So Vardy has not rucked for two years? has not trained, or played any VFL games? Just sat out doing nothing for 2 years playing X Box and suddenly got up on Saturday morning and was picked to play for the seniors?

Fair dinkum, some need to think before posting.

it is as dumb as posting, "got to remember as well Vardy was playing against someone who has never played AFL before"

If we could somehow manipulate our first 2 trades to get Motlop and Bennell but not get Jelly would we be happy with that? I think I would.
5/6th pick will probably be the highest pick we're going to get for a while to come, although the retirements of Roo, Dempster, Fisher in quick succession could easily see us fall back to earth for a season if we're not prepared for it.

Darcy "Dizzy" Gardiner the young Lions KPD, local Vic lad (Queenscliff/Geelong) and a ripping kid. His family is based in Geelong, former low/mid 20s 2013 pick who has started really well (injured now though)- any love for pillaging the Lions again and tempting Dizzy home to Vic? I know we were keen on him in his draft year but Acres slipped to us. Very competitive, good natural aggression, was touted as a Top 10 pick at times.

What would it take to nab him? Unsure of his contract status- would fill a need of ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After last nights game you would think that a few clubs would be interested in Sam Gilbert. If he leaves what kind of compo do you think we will get - 2nd rounder?

Hickey is reinventing himself as that ruck forward, so it means we have Longer and Holmes on the list playing as the main ruckman which is great. We will need all 3 on the list going forward. Holmes was fantastic last night but still has a lot to learn and you hope that over the next couple of years he will do just that. Great to know that if one is injured, (especially Longer) then we have a back-up in Holmes who can play that 1st ruck....as people said, still has so much to work on re aroudn the ground, kicking, etc

In my lifetime we have never had 2 such quality young rucks in Hickey and Longer, couple that with Holmes as back up and we're looking real healthy in that regard!!

Pierce is bubbling along nicely in the 2's also.....he would be the one I think that could be trade bait as would have a bit to offer a club with 2-3 years in the system already....

After last nights game you would think that a few clubs would be interested in Sam Gilbert. If he leaves what kind of compo do you think we will get - 2nd rounder?

Alternatively, after last nights game, why would we want to trade him?

Could be a big bodied midfielder that, along with Armo, can protect our young midfielders while our young midfielder develop physically.

You'd have to think, that at the end of next season one of Hickey, Holmes or Longer would either be moved on, or seek a trade for greater opportunity IF Holmes continues to improve and demand a spot in our starting 22. It's important to have ruck depth, but there's no point in having an AFL quality ruckman in the two's.

Could be a big bodied midfielder that, along with Armo, can protect our young midfielders while our young midfielder develop physically.

Exactly right. Gilbert is in an age bracket we lack and he will become even more important when fisher/Dempster/joey/roo retire.

posted this in the mcevoy trade D&T thread:

so people know this is how the trade can be summarised and looked on:

OUT: Ben McEvoy, Hartung (Pick 24), Pick 59 (Used on rookie elevation) IN: Shane Savage, Luke Dunstan (Pick 18), Blake Acres (Pick 19)

but this trade has some follow on effects, without trading out McEvoy we dont get Longer:
OUT: Dal Santo (Pick 25 compo), Jake Kolodjashnij (Pick 41 Given to GFC) IN: Longer, Pick 48 (traded out see below)

Sending Dal Santo to Norf allowed us to get Delaney and the pick 25 compo. The pick that came back from brisbane got us bruce:
OUT: Pick 48 (Not used) IN: Bruce
OUT: Pick 77 (Not used) IN: Delaney

The whole thing can be summed up as follows
OUT: Ben McEvoy, Dal Santo (Pick 25 compo), Hartung (Pick 24), Jake Kolodjashnij (Pick 41 Given to GFC), Pick 59 (Used on rookie elevation), Pick 77 (Not Used)
IN: Billy Longer, Josh Bruce, Shane Savage, Delaney, Luke Dunstan (Pick 18), Blake Acres (Pick 19)

McEvoy -> Billy Longer
Dal Santo -> Josh Bruce
Hartung -> Shane Savage
Jake Kolodjashnij -> Luke Delaney
Pick 59 (Rookie Elevation) -> Luke Dunstan
Pick 77 (Not Used) -> Blake Acres

there wouldnt be a side out there that wouldnt do that in trade week

I don't understand why he was talked about being traded in the first place....

What a silly post. So Vardy has not rucked for two years? has not trained, or played any VFL games? Just sat out doing nothing for 2 years playing X Box and suddenly got up on Saturday morning and was picked to play for the seniors?

Fair dinkum, some need to think before posting.

it is as dumb as posting, "got to remember as well Vardy was playing against someone who has never played AFL before"
Of course Vardy would have been playing good VFL footy leading into the match, same as Holmes. Just saying it was more of a fair fight for Holmes then playing someone with good AFL form

Darcy "Dizzy" Gardiner the young Lions KPD, local Vic lad (Queenscliff/Geelong) and a ripping kid. His family is based in Geelong, former low/mid 20s 2013 pick who has started really well (injured now though)- any love for pillaging the Lions again and tempting Dizzy home to Vic? I know we were keen on him in his draft year but Acres slipped to us. Very competitive, good natural aggression, was touted as a Top 10 pick at times.

What would it take to nab him? Unsure of his contract status- would fill a need of ours.

Thought the issues with Darcy Gardiner was that he was in and around that 192/3cm height, which wasn't isn't an ideal height for the pure KPD who'd better on the tall blokes than the mediums and smalls? He's obviously not a pure KPD, but I haven't really seen anything from him that suggested he'd be capable of taking on a small like Dempster or Robbo or Chips could, and he'd be similar to them in the height/wingspan differential against the talls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back