List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do #21 and Hendo for #7 and #26 if that is where their picks end up but it still looks a little thin from a Cats perspective.

If we can pull off that latter trade, then we look at Richmond #14 for Yarran.
If we did something like that, wonder if we could do something like Pies #8 for #14 and #26. Given they have their 1st rounder next year to bargain with, the extra pick could come in handy if they are looking at Treloar and/or Aish (gaining Treloar and a second rounder for two first rounders is a win in their position).

IN: #7, #8
Out: Henderson, Yarran, #21.

Would be a great result if the pick 21 got downgraded.

At least Aish showed something in some games.

Menzel has been s**t for a couple of years. A passenger in most of his games.

I wish he had the passion and drive of his older brother Daniel. Youd think having a family member who almost had the luxury of an afl career cruelly stripped away, you'd want to make the most of your own. Yet Troy chooses to be lazy.

Menz is a third year player. He had a decent first year, in and out of the team but showed enough in a season that we played finals.

Last year was a decent season from him. Started off ok, got into some form and then battled injuries for the remainder of the season.

This year has been a disaster not just for him but the club. He has battled injury and poor form for most of the season.

Who knows what has happened internally and how it's affected a young kid. I spoke to him preseason at a club function and seemed like he was raring to go (like the rest of the boys )

Stephen Wells rated him the best of his draft year. The kid has talent, maybe he needs a good coach, someone who will develop.

If he wants to go however there will be plenty of suitors that I'm sure

menzel in some ways reminds me of our army of taggers... criticised for not getting the ball when it could be a matter of getting more game time that will teach him to be in the right positions to get more of the ball. that and having to play forward line in our team.
also makes me think of a silkier craig sholl, could easily play makeshift full forward leading out of the goalsquare / 1v1 in the forward 50.
happy to persist with him.

Sorry you missed my point.
I like him but think he is limited at this stage and think ditching him would be a mistake. Others here are saying he is rubbish, doesn't try, unfulfilled talent, etc and we should give him the ass but another club will pay over the odds on him. I mean they have TVs in Adelaide right and Foxtel? I'm pretty sure they're seeing the same footage we see.

Think people are being harsh on Menzel with accusations of laziness.

There have been some pretty solid reports that the kid is playing injured and basically hasn't been able to train during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're injured and not contributing, don't take the field.

Is our club run by amateurs?

Seriously - Bit easier said than done when you have the injury list we have.

Ironic isn't it - we slam Henderson for being a soft hypo but at the same time slam Menzel for playing when injured ?????

Seriously - Bit easier said than done when you have the injury list we have.
We've ruled out every other player for the season and yet still had Holman, Fields, Johnson, Jones, Viojo-Rainbow and Smith running around in the VFL.

Somethings' not right with our culture if we're sitting second last and still playing injured players with indifferent form. 81 point losses...

Was that McCarthy talking with Cripps after the game yesterday. Discussions appeared quite amicable between the two.
Hope Pat was selling Blue to Cam.
and not the other way around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is there anything in the story in McCarthy wanting to leave the Giants and coming to Carlton ... or is just Blue supporters shooting the breeze and over indulging in a massive case of wishful thinking ?

Where did the story come from?

That's my question. I have seen a few veiled references here on our List management discussion thread to our interest in McCarthy, but no actual media article ... hence my question of this just being a huge case of wishful thinking rather than any actual fact. Maybe just another stupid rumour in a season where stupid rumours will abound.

I think it will be quite a few years before Carlton becomes an attractive proposition for other players, aside from those wanting to pad their super in the final few years of their career. Go through the draft, develop the kids, do it the right way. No quick fixes, develop a culture and reap the rewards, not only for the next time we play finals (probably 4-5 seasons) but further on down the track.

and not the other way around
GWS doesnt have the picks we would want for Cripps... and I seriously doubt that any other club in the league would be able to afford the 4 first round picks we would demand for Paddy Cripps.

GWS doesnt have the picks we would want for Cripps... and I seriously doubt that any other club in the league would be able to afford the 4 first round picks we would demand for Paddy Cripps.
Not even sure we'd take that tho Dram.

Patrick Cripps is the best thing/player/god we could have in our forthcoming rebuild. Could not have asked for a better young leader to build a list around from the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back