Review Positives and Negatives Vs Adelaide (R22)

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives
-It's over
-no immediate effects to top 2

Negatives
-poor effort
-injured Gov
-no run from mids
-poor defensive effort
-Roo jerkin' it in the box
-Next week becomes a must win if we want that second placing.

MVP umpires. I get the home bias, but some of those calls where howlers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main negative for me was Shannon Hurn and X Ellis's kicking. For two senior players they seemed to hit an Adelaide player on the chest every time. They were both aweful today

There are still some core issues with our midfield. We're such a noticeably poorer team when NN has a poorer day. This is how it's been for 4 years now. Priddis, despite his improvement under Simpson, still fundamentally has the same issue, in that he's never been able to match it with the very best midfielders. Shuey was okay today but not great, Sheed is still young and whilst very impressive he is still a little ways off, Yeo is stranded playing down back, Gaff had an average one, and so on.

Were we flat? Yes. And it's not necessarily indicative of how we'll go for the rest of the year, but when we've had this exact same issue (NN not giving the mids silver service, the opposing midfield getting on top and us not being able to respond, etc) plague our midfield for 4-5 years now, it's still a worrying sign.

Negative : Hurn . His kicking has been deplorable over the last few weeks now and it is starting to s**t me off. For a captain of our club this is not acceptable.

The main negative for me was Shannon Hurn and X Ellis's kicking. For two senior players they seemed to hit an Adelaide player on the chest every time. They were both aweful today

Agree, Ellis kicking was woefull today. Cost us two goals in the first 10 minutes.

Not to concerned with loss. We will bounce back next week.

Positive.

No campaigner will remember this game during the finals.

Negatives

Having to put p with posters who can't see past their own nose. Awful game to sit through by by jingo I'm glad it was now rather than September

On next week I say. CLub reviews on Monday and we move forward. Bigger fish to fry.

Agree, Ellis kicking was woefull today. Cost us two goals in the first 10 minutes.

Not to concerned with loss. We will bounce back next week.

Positives: doesn't matter for top 2
Sheed and Sheppard were the only ones who turned up in the first quarter and I thank them for it

Negatives: I've held a footy before, a few times, and I've never found it particularly hard to do. Sure sometimes it can be a little slick, or bounce on an angle, but once you get two hands to it is pretty much game over, the sucker stays held. Apparently, I'm the world football holding champion or something, and it's actually some incredibly difficult skill that takes longer than 20+ years to master, because a team full of men just had 80 minutes plus to figure out how to hold a football and they've failed. My going rate is $55 an hour for the intensive 'how to hold a football' clinic

CC: footballdepartment@admin.westcoasteagles.com

Negative - the sole reason we lost the game was from our poor kicking. Almost every Adelaide goal was from a turnover. Like we were playing in wind but there was none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back