Who Could Be The All Australian Captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pannalstaroz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
An interesting discussion was brought up on MMM today. With perennial AA captains elect Luke Hodge and Joel Selwood not having years that will see them absolute locks for the AA team, who could be AA captain? They suggested Murphy as he is likely to be in the AA squad, but I don't want this seen as a myopic Bulldogs view.

And I'm also not saying Hodge and Selwood won't make it, they're just not seen as the locks they have been previously.

Left field pick, Taylor Walker, over 50 goals, kept it together with strong leadership after their immense tragedy mid season, and leading his team to a finals campaign.
Great call, but does he make the squad? This is the problem. How many captains have had AA years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great call, but does he make the squad? This is the problem. How many captains have had AA years?

Havent seen much of Murphy but by all accounts a genuinely inspirational season, and well respected player so he would be one.
Cannot see many other captains making it. Walker is 3rd on the Coleman list behind Kennedy and Cameron, equal with Betts so hopefully the selectors can find a place for all 4 :)

Havent seen much of Murphy but by all accounts a genuinely inspirational season, and well respected player so he would be one.
Cannot see many other captains making it. Walker is 3rd on the Coleman list behind Kennedy and Cameron, equal with Betts so hopefully the selectors can find a place for all 4 :)
He's had his best year. He, Easton Wood and Matthew Boyd (and I wasn't a Boyd fan) have had amazing years; you can't play the roles they play better than they have, especially Wood. Easton will make it, Murphy should and although I think Boyd should make it, I can't see the backline having 3 Dogs players in it. Just my 2c.

I'm a massive Texfan, don't worry you're preaching to the converted. I'm not being a smart arse, I just don't know if he makes the team. If he did he'd be a great choice.

They fit in Nick Riewoldt, Franklin and Roughead last year so pretty sure there is room for Cameron, Kennedy and Tex :)

He's had his best year. He, Easton Wood and Matthew Boyd (and I wasn't a Boyd fan) have had amazing years; you can't play the roles they play better than they have, especially Wood. Easton will make it, Murphy should and although I think Boyd should make it, I can't see the backline having 3 Dogs players in it. Just my 2c.

Always liked Matty, never by your mob, but I always had the feeling he was underrated by many but at his best he was a possession machine and not too far off people like Scott West, if not their equal :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back