List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a load of crap. Jetta threw an imaginary spear at west coast fans. Is he immune from any criticism just because he is aboriginal? Can i say Sam Mitchell is an underrated needle jabber, or is that racist too?

God you PC warriors give the sh*ts.
Maybe you might consider educating yourself on minority groups. Particularly when referring to an aboriginal person as a spear chucker. Ignorant PC warriors like you give others the Sh.ts.

I thought he had requested a trade to Sydney?
No. That's just BF babble for the moment

It's probably correct that clubs have approached his manager but there is not a shred of proof to suggest he's asked to be traded

Source?

I would suspect that includes all wages, not just the over-25s.
Player_Earnings_2014_01.jpg

So it's Minson or nothing? Hannath is another option.

I wouldn't even necessarily be against the idea of Minson, just the idea of trading our only usable pick for him (or anyone) so that we've got a Break Glass In Case of Emergency ruckman. And that's if you can convince him to move across the country to play for East Perth.

I'm open to any suggestion. And as I said I'd be extremely pleased if Simmo and Gov have sat down post season and had a chat and Gov's said he wants to play ruck and Simmo's backed him. Then we'd have 3 viable options.

I arrived at Minson not out of any attachment to him as a player but by way of a process of elimination:

If Sinclair goes we can't assume Nicnat or Lycett can be counted on to get through a season unscathed. So a third is essential.

If Sinclair is used for Jetta- which I'd hate, but looks likely- then thats one less path to trading for another Ruck.

17 is not enough to secure any recognised ruckman under 30

17 is not going to secure any marginal ruckman, like Derrix, who are going to come on enough to be good enough to be valuable in a GF

17 is not enough to draft an 18 year old ruckman in a weak draft who can play in a GF in his first season

17 is probably not going to get Redden, who I want and think we will have to trade a player for. Hopefully Masten

17 is statistically unlikely in this draft to net us a player who even gets to 50 games, let alone could be an All Australian.

I don't want to trade any of our current playing group beyond Sinclair/Masten.

We need an established Ruckman who if fit could play in the GF and not suck, has to be an established player, has to be a good player. Because sure as s**t that 3rd ruck is not going to be suck at East Perth all season. Nic will need management/resting. Lycett is possibly battling osteo pubis and that could take years to overcome plus is a beanpole so the body knocks he takes in the centre will probably down him for sometime anyway.

Minson is 30, that means experience he can pass onto our younger ruckman on how to play other rucks he's battles with plus with Sinclair gone he'd be the only 200cm 107kg bloke on our list, Nic can't play against himself during the week.

Happy for our recruitment guys to steal someone who can slot into a finals side without development who we can get for free but I await their move. All I see is Minson... or Gov.

Don't want to lose Sinkers in case Lycett or NN goes down, won't happen but hope to get more than Jetta out of it.
Can't really see us winning the flag with Fmac as the 2nd ruck.

Last edited:
what a load of crap. Jetta threw an imaginary spear at west coast fans. Is he immune from any criticism just because he is aboriginal? Can i say Sam Mitchell is an underrated needle jabber, or is that racist too?

God you PC warriors give the sh*ts.

and you neanderthal rednecks give me the sh*ts.

you can say he's overrated and that's fine. i'd probably agree with you.
leave the bullsh*t racial references out of it and no one will pull you up and offend you and your sensibility.

basically, it's time to join the rest of us living in 2015 champ.

I'm open to any suggestion. And as I said I'd be extremely pleased if Simmo and Gov have sat down post season and had a chat and Gov's said he wants to play ruck and Simmo's backed him. Then we'd have 3 viable options.

I arrived at Minson not out of any attachment to him as a player but by way of a process of elimination:

If Sinclair goes we can't assume Nicnat or Lycett can be counted on to get through a season unscathed. So a third is essential.

If Sinclair is used for Jetta- which I'd hate, but looks likely- then thats one less path to trading for another Ruck.

17 is not going to secure any marginal ruckman, like Derrix, who are going to come on enough to be good enough to be valuable in a GF

17 is not enough to draft an 18 year old ruckman in a weak draft who can play in a GF in his first season

17 is probably not going to get Redden, who I want and think we will have to trade a player for. Hopefully Masten

17 is statistically unlikely in this draft to net us a player who even gets to 50 games, let alone could be an All Australian.

I don't want to trade any of our current playing group beyond Sinclair/Masten.

We need an established Ruckman who if fit could play in the GF and not suck, has to be an established player, has to be a good player. Because sure as s**t that 3rd ruck is not going to be suck at East Perth all season. Nic will need management/resting. Lycett is possibly battling osteo pubis and that could take years to overcome plus is a beanpole so the body knocks he takes in the centre will probably down him for sometime anyway.

Minson is 30, that means experience he can pass onto our younger ruckman on how to play other rucks he's battles with plus with Sinclair gone he'd be the only 200cm 107kg bloke on our list, Nic can't play against himself during the week.

Happy for our recruitment guys to steal someone who can slot into a finals side without development who we can get for free but I await their move. All I see is Minson... or Gov.

Reverse your argument - what do you think Sinkers is worth in draft picks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm if true about sinkers I'm ok with it. To be honest his ruck work is not that great, it's more his contested marking around the ground I like. Think McInnes could play a similar role if lycett goes down... Also what about darcy Cameron or another upcoming ruck from the state leagues? Could rookie one.

Like the idea of Jetta and pick swaps, would be great to keep a first round pick.

So, what do we reckon...if the club doesn't come out and deny it tomorrow then it is more than likely on the table?

Of course it is. I'd be extremely surprised if Gold Coast got anything more than that for Smith, for example.

It's way overs for a marginal ruckman. Look at Hampson, McIntosh, Trent West, Stefan Martin etc in recent years.

You're massively undervaluing the pick and overvaluing the need for a third-string ruckman. Look at the ruck pairs who've won premierships recently:
McEvoy/Hale
Bailey/Hale
Mumford/Pyke
Ottens/West
Jolly/Brown
Ottens/Blake
Campbell/Renouf

Would going into a GF with McInnes, McGovern, Derrickx or Hannath as the second ruck really be any worse than Trent West, Mark Blake or Brent Renouf? We've got far more pressing needs than overpaying for a ruck that would be our third string.

No clue why people would want Sinclair or Lycett traded... seeing as we play with a two ruck rotational system, if Naitanui gets injured, we need both players. Whilst neither of them ARE NicNat, they're both young and have come a long very well over the last year.

Reverse your argument - what do you think Sinkers is worth in draft picks?

I think its all relative to your list and where you are in regard to Premierships. If your asking me what do I think Jetta is worth if we have to trade for him, 17 or Sinkers. I've give them 17 and keep the depth in our ruck stocks. But thats just me.

No clue why people would want Sinclair or Lycett traded... seeing as we play with a two ruck rotational system, if Naitanui gets injured, we need both players. Whilst neither of them ARE NicNat, they're both young and have come a long very well over the last year.

I don't think many want them to be traded. I definitely don't.

There's a rumour floating around that Sinclair has asked/will ask for a trade to Sydney, which is where the discussion is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back