List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if we make the Granny in 2016 Simmo is either confident perineal glass men...
Pretty sure the word you're looking for is perennial. Perineal has a starkly different meaning.

I don't think many want them to be traded. I definitely don't.

There's a rumour floating around that Sinclair has asked/will ask for a trade to Sydney, which is where the discussion is coming from.

What's the basis of this rumour? Seems illogical to me, I know he's from over east but I thought he was a Melbourne boy...?

No clue why people would want Sinclair or Lycett traded... seeing as we play with a two ruck rotational system, if Naitanui gets injured, we need both players. Whilst neither of them ARE NicNat, they're both young and have come a long very well over the last year.
I said on here a few weeks ago that I'd trade Sinclair for the right price (and copped s**t about it for a few days from virtually everyone), but I would do it because Sinclair's value is never going to be higher. Chances are that Lycett will overtake him next year and he'll be stuck back in the WAFL. I did have a few caveats though, that I would only do the trade if we could get a cheap ruckman to sit in the WAFL (many players have been mentioned like Jamar, Minson or even someone like Jarrad Redden was delisted from Port) as backup, and I would also only do the trade if it meant getting a gun midfielder. I would not do it for anything involving Jetta, but I would do a trade involving Sinclair if it meant we could get a gun (or potential gun) midfielder.

I said on here a few weeks ago that I'd trade Sinclair for the right price (and copped s**t about it for a few days from virtually everyone), but I would do it because Sinclair's value is never going to be higher. Chances are that Lycett will overtake him next year and he'll be stuck back in the WAFL. I did have a few caveats though, that I would only do the trade if we could get a cheap ruckman to sit in the WAFL (many players have been mentioned like Jamar, Minson or even someone like Jarrad Redden was delisted from Port) as backup, and I would also only do the trade if it meant getting a gun midfielder. I would not do it for anything involving Jetta, but I would do a trade involving Sinclair if it meant we could get a gun (or potential gun) midfielder.

That's understandable, but the other club would be selling themselves short. No offense to Sinclair, but he's not worth a Priddis or Gaff or Shuey, let alone anyone better to come into the squad as a gun midfielder.

Money talks. If Sydney offer him a lot more than he's on with us, and his position in the first team there is more secure than here, why wouldn't he consider it?

And his manager should be telling him not to appear too keen. That way Sydney offer more to entice him.

Money talks. If Sydney offer him a lot more than he's on with us, and his position in the first team there is more secure than here, why wouldn't he consider it?

And his manager should be telling him not to appear too keen. That way Sydney offer more to entice him.
His manager will should be pushing him to sydney. Im assuming a pay rise at the swans and guaranteed number 1 ruck spot. If he loses back up to lycett, hel be worth squat the next time hes up for contract.

Callum is a 26 yr old ruck with 29 games to his name. Pretty lucky to get a premiership player with elite skills for him
Not much of an argument.

There are a couple of kids who haven't even played one game that will command picks 1 and 2 in the national Draft.

It's all relative. Supply and demand, potential and upside.

Not much of an argument.

There are a couple of kids who haven't even played one game that will command picks 1 and 2 in the national Draft.

It's all relative. Supply and demand, potential and upside.

Fair point. Hopefully you guys get something your after and we get something to makes us happy. Dont want to see anyone being ripped off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can get a WAFL/VFL replacement that wont be much worse at little cost.

Who?

This is a massive fallacy that comes up every year. If there were so many serviceable ruckmen in the state leagues no-one would be giving us a first rounder for Sinclair.

I'm open to any suggestion. And as I said I'd be extremely pleased if Simmo and Gov have sat down post season and had a chat and Gov's said he wants to play ruck and Simmo's backed him. Then we'd have 3 viable options.

I arrived at Minson not out of any attachment to him as a player but by way of a process of elimination:

If Sinclair goes we can't assume Nicnat or Lycett can be counted on to get through a season unscathed. So a third is essential.

If Sinclair is used for Jetta- which I'd hate, but looks likely- then thats one less path to trading for another Ruck.

17 is not enough to secure any recognised ruckman under 30

17 is not going to secure any marginal ruckman, like Derrix, who are going to come on enough to be good enough to be valuable in a GF

17 is not enough to draft an 18 year old ruckman in a weak draft who can play in a GF in his first season

17 is probably not going to get Redden, who I want and think we will have to trade a player for. Hopefully Masten

17 is statistically unlikely in this draft to net us a player who even gets to 50 games, let alone could be an All Australian.

I don't want to trade any of our current playing group beyond Sinclair/Masten.

We need an established Ruckman who if fit could play in the GF and not suck, has to be an established player, has to be a good player. Because sure as s**t that 3rd ruck is not going to be suck at East Perth all season. Nic will need management/resting. Lycett is possibly battling osteo pubis and that could take years to overcome plus is a beanpole so the body knocks he takes in the centre will probably down him for sometime anyway.

Minson is 30, that means experience he can pass onto our younger ruckman on how to play other rucks he's battles with plus with Sinclair gone he'd be the only 200cm 107kg bloke on our list, Nic can't play against himself during the week.

Happy for our recruitment guys to steal someone who can slot into a finals side without development who we can get for free but I await their move. All I see is Minson... or Gov.

I can see your thought process and how you arrived at the proposition of Minson as a valid option. Imo there are better and longer term options, but it's certainly not out of the question entirely. I think what people are struggling to comprehend is that we would trade our first pick for him. Since his AA year he's been rubbish, he was dropped multiple times by Beveridge for AYCE CORDY and sometimes they didn't even bother playing a proper ruck. There's no way in a million years Bulldogs would even consider asking for a first rounder for Minson. He's very much on the outer, and they'd honestly accept anything, like a fifth rounder for example. Even Essendon wouldn't ask for a first rounder for Minson, it's the fact that you legitimately considered it that has people so bewildered.

Last edited:
I can see your thought process and how you arrived at the proposition of Minson as a valid option. Imo there are better and longer term options, but it's certainly not out of the question entirely. I think what people are struggling to comprehend is that we would trade our first pick for him. Since his AA year he's been rubbish, he was dropped multiple times by Beveridge by AYCE CORDY and sometimes they didn't even bother playing a proper ruck. There's no way in a million years Bulldogs would even consider asking for a first rounder for Minson. He's very much on the outer, and they'd honestly accept anything, like a fifth rounder for example. Even Essendon wouldn't ask for a first rounder for Minson, it's the fact that you legitimately considered it that has people so bewildered.
Not sure our players would even like to live in the same city as Minson. Lacks a bit in the social skills department.

Mark Jamar would fill that role but I'm happy to keep both Lycett and Sinclair and see their value soar next year.

Think Coxy would be pissed off if he was traded as I believe he put a power of work into Sinclair this season.

His manager will should be pushing him to sydney. Im assuming a pay rise at the swans and guaranteed number 1 ruck spot. If he loses back up to lycett, hel be worth squat the next time hes up for contract.
If his manager is pushing him as no 1 ruck Sinclair would be wise to find another manager that understands his clients capabilities

Sinclair is a solid backup ruck. That's his ceiling. A no.1 ruck he is not

Jamar is a delisted free agent will cost us nothing . Say to him come over stay match fit and fill in when required .
Bit like what Hudson for the pies .

Do we want to win a Premiership in 2016 or get the thrifty shoppers award for dumpster diving other cubs rejects. Sinclair is an elevated mature age rookie lister who had 4 possessions in a Grand Final in which we generally struggled and clubs are falling over themselves to get him. But heaven forbid wasting pick 17, quality ruck men grow on tree's. That pick could be anything.

We're not a bottom club looking to build a list that can take us to finals, we're runners up in a GF looking to get better. Hawks paid their first round pick for Brian lake and he won them a premiership and got himself a Norm Smith the year after losing to Sydney. They followed that up with acquiring James Frawley who towelled up JK this year on their way to another one. Melbourne received pick 3 for him. This taboo on using first round drafts picks is relevant the 99% of the time your not a genuine contender. When the windows open, look to our 3 main rivals for inspiration. Hawks. Sydney. Kangaroos. You sell your freaken grandmother for mature players, who gives a s**t if they've only got 3 years in them. For Brian Lake and David Hale thats 3 Premierships.

We can't afford to be stuffing around on project players who can't get a game at 17 other clubs whiles also rating ourselves as 2016 Premiers, especially not in trying to fill the spot on our list thats now one or our biggest holes if Sinkers going to Sydney.

If his manager is pushing him as no 1 ruck Sinclair would be wise to find another manager that understands his clients capabilities

Sinclair is a solid backup ruck. That's his ceiling. A no.1 ruck he is not

I think Sydney want him as a forward. The Tippett Franklin super forward line failed like 99% of them do and Tippet wants to move into the Ruck. Who knows when Buddy will be back. My guess they plan to play him as a forward pocket who can take the inside 50 throw ins while Tippet moves onto the ball. And stay at home in the goal square when Buddy leads up. He'll be used in the ruck as required but mostly he's the fix for an expensive failed experiment. Which I think could work well too so we're helping create a team who could beat us next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back