Rumour Where will Steve Johnson play from 2016?

Which Club do you think Steve Johnson could in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the team plan was no good, perhaps the team plan meant that we would not play players to advantage or to their skills, perhaps the team plan meant that we didn't have the best chance of winning, perhaps the team plan didn't include mid-field in and under players when we needed them, perhaps the team plan wasn't working.
So the rest of the team listened and followed the game plan bar SJ and it's still Scott fault

Right

I loved Dog as a player but his time was up you could see what he was like this year .

How would a past player know exactly what was going on between SJ and Scott currently. SJ being SJ has been like that before Scott got there. You take the good with the bad until he can't deliver enough good. That's all.
Not all past players sever ties with the club when they finish, they also have a huge circle of friends with ties to the club, present players and administration.

Whatever this rumour is, I call bullshit.

As long as there are posters on here willing to keep peddling this completely made up BS it'll keep hanging around like a visiting Mother in law who just won't leave unfortunately.

I loved Dog as a player but his time was up you could see what he was like this year .

You could see that from a very good, consistent year of footy culminating in an outstanding final month could you?

You could see that from a very good, consistent year of footy culminating in an outstanding final month could you?
Compaired to his previous year? Much less output and that's including the ever consistent suspensions.

He had a fantastic final game and I honestly reckon he should retire and leave it at that. There's more to a player beyond their onfield performance , it could be that the club decided to make the hard call to an aging star that wasn't listening and has a consistent stints with the tribunal.

Last edited:
Compaired to his previous year? Much less output and that's including the ever consistent suspensions.

But that's not what you said .......... "but his time was up" was your initial statement, in which case we must have been watching a different player, because he certainly didn't look like someone who was finished to me, far from it in fact.

it could be that the club decided to make the hard call to an aging star that wasn't listening and has a consistent stints with the tribunal.

Just pie in the sky supposition with not a shred of evidence to support it.

Steve Johnson's playing career has been given a one-year extension from Greater Western Sydney with whom the 32-year-old is on the verge of announcing a deal involving both on and off-field roles.

The Giants have signed the recently departed Geelong champion to a one-year playing contract which will extend to a permanent coaching position from 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said could be

Learn to read

I can read just fine thanks.

"but his time was up" ....... "you could see what he was like this year" .... Seems pretty unequivocal to me.

Their gain is our loss, really hoping we may have nabbed him. Plenty of cap space apparently and plenty of list spots, would seem a no brainer that he would be a perfect fit, but I guess that would be admitting they made a stuff up in the first place.

So the rest of the team listened and followed the game plan bar SJ and it's still Scott fault

Right

Um he won the coaches award. Sounds like Johnson was great at following team plans. In fact a leader at it going by the award.

Stop making stuff that is so obviously wrong to justify your view, particularly when it involves belittling a club champion. For shame.

Question for the FA buffs. Since we have now lost two Free Agents, and gained one. do we get a compo pick for johnno?

No, he's a DFA, the "compensated" free agency period ended yesterday. In any case even if he was an UFA, we wouldn't have got anything for him. Compensation is based on age,wage and length of contract. Johnson's wage (adjusted for age) + Simpson's wage - S.Selwood's wage < the lowest band of compensation.

Question for the FA buffs. Since we have now lost two Free Agents, and gained one. do we get a compo pick for johnno?

Free agency closed last night, so he will either have to be traded in the next 3 days or they can list him as a delisted free agent in a couple of weeks time. Hope Giants are feeling generous and trade a pick in the 50's or 60's for him that they are not going to use.

Strange choice by Steve. I would have thought Richmond would have been a perfect fit. Sounds like GWS may have been the only suitor though.
I believe that's right - Tigers didn't want him. Bad move on their part, he would have brought a lot to their team.

It was a tentative feeler for one pick, and Johnson this year almost certainly outplayed anyone we would have got for it.

Get your facts right Fred, it was picks two and five set in concrete, SJ had an average year and we got rid of him because he wouldn't follow team rules, was out of favour with the leadership group and was having it off with another players wife (just chucked that last bit in)

Get your facts right Fred, it was picks two and five set in concrete, SJ had an average year and we got rid of him because he wouldn't follow team rules, was out of favour with the leadership group and was having it off with another players wife (just chucked that last bit in)

Must have been an extra special performance that last bit, to win him the Coaches Award.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back