List Mgmt. Narkle, Evans, Tsapitolis, Stevens and Williams delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

What about.

He'll might have to work 9 to 5 .
happy love you GIF by Dolly Parton

And another club could pick him up in the meantime, like Abbott.

Yes thats the risk you run but i can see it working. Remember we got hendo and brownless back without anyone else poaching them.
I reckon itd work with simpson (no one will risk him with concussions) or ceglar (age).
Sav someone might cut our lunch.

I didn't know that was allowed tbh. Surely once the player has signed the contract the club is committed to honouring that contract and paying them the salary they were owed. What good is the contract if the club can just delist them anyway and put them on a rookie contract (presumably for less $$$)?

Polec had 2 years to run on 700k and got relisted and re rookied.
Its just for clubs to free up a senior spot so they can pick someone at an earlier ND pick rather than rookie pick (or in our case free up senior spots for trade ins).

Can see Menegola going as well. Knows he is not quite good enough to be in the 'premiership' team and may be on the look out for better opportunities so may request a trade
Contract up next year.

For me it is really his call as to whether he takes a risk of getting back in the best 22 and then getting a new contract for 2024. Interesting how confident he might be to do that. Selwood is only retirement from 22 and Holmes to come back in - so he needs to force someone out… Plus we may have Brhun and O Henry maybe coming and possibly a high trade pick (if we get #7) with Neale, Stephens all pushing for 22 next year and maybe even a few of 2022 draftees if any of them dramatically improve

I would not be surprised if he looked at options elsewhere to get a 2 year contract? But maybe those options are not available

Contract up next year.

For me it is really his call as to whether he takes a risk of getting back in the best 22 and then getting a new contract for 2024. Interesting how confident he might be to do that. Selwood is only retirement from 22 and Holmes to come back in - so he needs to force someone out… Plus we may have Brhun and O Henry maybe coming and possibly a high trade pick (if we get #7) with Neale, Stephens all pushing for 22 next year and maybe even a few of 2022 draftees if any of them dramatically improve

I would not be surprised if he looked at options elsewhere to get a 2 year contract? But maybe those options are not available

I doubt any other club is offering him that though. His manager seems to think he will stay (at this stage).

Yes thats the risk you run but i can see it working. Remember we got hendo and brownless back without anyone else poaching them.
I reckon itd work with simpson (no one will risk him with concussions) or ceglar (age).
Sav someone might cut our lunch.
True. But Sav is a mobile big man and another club might just take a chance, and the club might not want to risk it.

We are in a very lucky position compared to supporters of other clubs with this stuff. I can't quite get my head around who has to go and who has to come in for it all to work but I am confident the club has a plan and will execute it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy into the lazy claim he's just has not been up to peoples expectations, reality is he's probable only borderline AFL standard no shame in that.

Do you watch him closely when he plays in the AFL side? There is a marked difference in his intensity when the opposition has the ball.

His intensity when we have the ball is good, and he is a talented player.

I know it's a long shot but is there a chance we could rookie Joel Selwood? Gutted for the Cats, thrilled for him. What a career!

about Narkle, I think he could do well at a club where he could play the role of an attacking mid. He is not an all-rounder sort. Whenever the team was surging forward he was right there, keeping up, contesting. He just didn't seem to have the same energy to go steaming back to defend. A club that could put him in a more specialized role than we could would probably get a lot of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back