The 'Doesn't Quite Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the board think of Wilson? Still in the rookie list as far as I know?

Last I saw he was a rocket but his disposal was iffy

Clearly not. So what happens when the board want to talk about the CEO?

You understand how boards work just fine

He's not a full member, he has the right to attend board meetings to be grilled by the board; but he is not a member per se.

There will be a time set aside for each meeting, usually at the end, when he will be asked by the actual members to vacate the room

For all intents and purposes he is not a member of the board.

Allefgib Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Is there any reason why we have to lock so many threads on this board? I personally don't see the harm in letting discussion continue in any certain thread and the potential for threads to be bumped in the future depending on a call someone has made - whether that be a good or a bad call.

Guess I it annoying myself when the discussion is cancelled (thread locked) given people can easily stop reading those threads if they don't wish to, don't really see how it hurts anyone by leaving those threads open?

*I'm sure the reason is to push discussion to other threads, but I wish it wasn't at the result of just locking other threads*

Finally found something to contribute to this thread. Just watching the second qtr of the R21 match vs Brisbane. This play ended up with a snap goal to tex from a Jenkins handball. Don't think I've ever seen a scene like this on a football field ever before:

View attachment 187924
Just me or are all of the Crows players running except that bloke wearing number 32?...

So Bob must have known about the extra Tippett contract! Or was Triggy really the "lone gunman"?
Bob wrote and agreed to the contract. Trigg didn't even know until he got back from holidays when he rescinded the agreement verbally but didn't follow up with it in writing.

But I suspect you know all that and are just trying to get a rise out of me. It worked. Well done you.

Bob wrote and agreed to the contract. Trigg didn't even know until he got back from holidays when he rescinded the agreement verbally but didn't follow up with it in writing.

But I suspect you know all that and are just trying to get a rise out of me. It worked. Well done you.

Nice Ms Jen. Thanks for the interaction.

So riddle me this Batman:

How is Bob still in charge again?

Clearly the words "accountability" and "responsibility" are missing from the AFC value statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigg didn't even know until he got back from holidays when he rescinded the agreement verbally but didn't follow up with it in writing

Hi Jen, we've previously discussed this, can you clarify;

Bob wrote and agreed to the contract.

I don't recall this being a part of our many discussions - is this true? I thought he was liable insofar as the cover-up afterwards, did he seriously okay that contract when Reid presented it to him?

No wonder the board didn't want to fire Trigg, the chairman is the one who put him in the canoe near s**t Creek without a means of conveyance.

I don't recall this being a part of our many discussions - is this true? I thought he was liable insofar as the cover-up afterwards, did he seriously okay that contract when Reid presented it to him?

No wonder the board didn't want to fire Trigg, the chairman is the one who put him in the canoe near s**t Creek without a means of conveyance.

My point exactly. Chappy was in the whole stink up to his eyeballs and shot Triggy after doing a deal with him to keep him on if he took the blame.

The man needs to follow his mate out the door. Soon.

Until he goes, the whole Tippett fiasco will continue to rot the club like week old fish.

Nice Ms Jen. Thanks for the interaction.

So riddle me this Batman:

How is Bob still in charge again?

Clearly the words "accountability" and "responsibility" are missing from the AFC value statement.
Sorry for confusion, I meant John, not Bob. You have no idea about the machinations surrounding Reids existence back then. He was part of the well and truly rusted in old boy network. There were attempts over a number of years to move him on. When Trigg took over from Sanders, Reid wasn't happy. They moved him sideways a number of times. Eventually he decided to call it quits. The Tippett contract was his parting gift. o_O

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean Bob, meant John.

My point exactly. Chappy was in the whole stink up to his eyeballs and shot Triggy after doing a deal with him to keep him on if he took the blame.

The man needs to follow his mate out the door. Soon.

Until he goes, the whole Tippett fiasco will continue to rot the club like week old fish.
No, he wasn't. Chappy had no idea. Sorry to infer otherwise. Trigg thought he'd dealt with it (gentlemen's agreement with Blucher) and it never went further until, that is, it was clear blucher wasn't a gentleman. Rob Chapman is not and was not to blame for it at all.

No, he wasn't. Chappy had no idea. Sorry to infer otherwise. Trigg thought he'd dealt with it (gentlemen's agreement with Blucher) and it never went further until, that is, it was clear blucher wasn't a gentleman. Rob Chapman is not and was not to blame for it at all.

It was one of his last jobs before he retired if I remember correctly. Blucher definitely had his role to play, now if I remember correctly it was Harper that went to Trigg regarding the deal? Something spooked him. I remember Kurt's Dad hiring a lawyer and the Tippett clan were not happy with how long the deal was taking. Do you think this triggered (no pun intended) us coming clean or was the deal with Sydney too in favour of the Swans and wouldn't get past the AFL? I've always wondered what the exact chain of events were. I'm working with some beliefs and assumptions, but I was wondering if you knew any exact details on it. Just curious.

It was one of his last jobs before he retired if I remember correctly. Blucher definitely had his role to play, now if I remember correctly it was Harper that went to Trigg regarding the deal? Something spooked him. I remember Kurt's Dad hiring a lawyer and the Tippett clan were not happy with how long the deal was taking. Do you think this triggered (no pun intended) us coming clean or was the deal with Sydney too in favour of the Swans and wouldn't get past the AFL? I've always wondered what the exact chain of events were. I'm working with some beliefs and assumptions, but I was wondering if you knew any exact details on it. Just curious.
You are talking about the situation that brought the original deal to the surface? Trigg was overseas (both times actually!). I think the Blucher/Tippett camp had told Sydney about this "clause" (that Trigg believed to have been dealt with). Blucher and the Sydney CEO (ex partners) were thick as thieves and Sydney felt they could get Tippett for nothing (much like Geelong thought with Dangerfield!). When Sydney wouldn't offer up anything but pick 23 and Jessie ******* White, it was obvious something was up. Harps rang Trigg and told him and Trigg rang Blucher and that's when he found out this "clause" was still in play as far as the Tippetts were concerned. Trigg told the board and they believed the only thing they could do was tell the AFL.

You are talking about the situation that brought the original deal to the surface? Trigg was overseas (both times actually!). I think the Blucher/Tippett camp had told Sydney about this "clause" (that Trigg believed to have been dealt with). Blucher and the Sydney CEO (ex partners) were thick as thieves and Sydney felt they could get Tippett for nothing (much like Geelong thought with Dangerfield!). When Sydney wouldn't offer up anything but pick 23 and Jessie ******* White, it was obvious something was up. Harps rang Trigg and told him and Trigg rang Blucher and that's when he found out this "clause" was still in play as far as the Tippetts were concerned. Trigg told the board and they believed the only thing they could do was tell the AFL.

It still bugs me to this day that Tippett came out and blamed the AFC while never taking any blame or giving any blame to his manager. I get the feeling his old man tried to throw his weight around by hiring a lawyer and making threats and as a result of this, shot his own son in the foot in the process.

It still bugs me to this day that Tippett came out and blamed the AFC while never taking any blame or giving any blame to his manager. I get the feeling his old man tried to throw his weight around by hiring a lawyer and making threats and as a result of this, shot his own son in the foot in the process.

His old man is like that - prick to deal with.

Yep, that really annoyed me. Had he actually accepted some form of accountability for his role in the whole thing, I'd have long stopped giving a s**t about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back