Delisted #24: Craig Bird - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming everyone is fit for round one next year, and we don't pick one of our draftees, where does he start?
On GAJ, letting Hocking be an attacking beast.

would go against our vanilla panic merchant policy, given Larry's not white...Larry's clear

Larry was black, there's no way he didn't have some sort of skin transplant. No white man is that cool. Except maybe Jason Williams in his prime.

Larry was black, there's no way he didn't have some sort of skin transplant. No white man is that cool. Except maybe Jason Williams in his prime.

6a0115709f071f970b0134855cc1a9970c.jpe

Outside runner replaced with insid role player..

Full Yaco

No - Bird can play inside and outside - We have enough inside midfielders who make our midfield a touch one-paced - So we need to make sure we have enough speed on the outside - No point playing Stanton ( who struggled to get a contract ) if we want to go forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - Bird can play inside and outside - We have enough inside midfielders who make our midfield a touch one-paced - So we need to make sure we have enough speed on the outside - No point playing Stanton ( who struggled to get a contract ) if we want to go forward.
You want to get speed by replacing Stanton with a slower player?

You want to get speed by replacing Stanton with a slower player?

Simple - You find that nearly year a senior player is squeezed out for a younger player - Bird is a perfect example at Sydney in 2015 - EFC would benefit more by freeing up Hocking and getting Bird to do some tagging.

Simple - You find that nearly year a senior player is squeezed out for a younger player - Bird is a perfect example at Sydney in 2015 - EFC would benefit more by freeing up Hocking and getting Bird to do some tagging.
What's that got to do with your point bringing Bird in for Stanton increases outside speed?

I feel like he's been the most low key recruit of the season for us. Somehow though I think he's one that will come straight in and just do a job. Whether that be forward or in the middle will change from game to game but its good that we won't totally be relying on Hocking to do defensive jobs. We also don't really have any other forwards that are capable of doing a good defensive job on a rebounding HBF type - Kommer was supposed to be the man but injuries have wrecked him. Guys like Colyer/Fantasia/J.Merrett may be capable but its unclear how much time they will spend in that sort of role/how good they will be.

I've also been banging on about how we need more leadership up forward (when i've been advocating Hooker up there) and Bird may be another guy to help guide the likes of Edwards, Mckenna, J.Merrett, Fantasia, Daniher, Ambrose etc

I feel like he's been the most low key recruit of the season for us. Somehow though I think he's one that will come straight in and just do a job. Whether that be forward or in the middle will change from game to game but its good that we won't totally be relying on Hocking to do defensive jobs. We also don't really have any other forwards that are capable of doing a good defensive job on a rebounding HBF type - Kommer was supposed to be the man but injuries have wrecked him. Guys like Colyer/Fantasia/J.Merrett may be capable but its unclear how much time they will spend in that sort of role/how good they will be.

I've also been banging on about how we need more leadership up forward (when i've been advocating Hooker up there) and Bird may be another guy to help guide the likes of Edwards, Mckenna, J.Merrett, Fantasia, Daniher, Ambrose etc
Hang on. You are comparing Bird with two of the quickest blokes in the side and want them to play a defensive forward role??? o_O:rolleyes:

Outside runner replaced with insid role player..

Full Yaco
Birds played hia beat football outside on the wing but he can do both thats for sure.

Hea done roles all over the ground half forward, onball and on the wing. Hes only really been let loose as a wingman and had success to some degree. Sydney leant towards speed when Longmire got a year or so into the role turning away from the ROK, Bird types. He went for guys on the brink in Lloyd and Cunningham and gave them confidence he got Jetta and tried rohan in different roles.

Birds not slow slow but he aint quick either if you have a look in his seasons past hes had little 4 game patches of ball magnet brilliance at AFL level. He will replace Stanton and then we will look for the young brigade to push him out as they become superior as midfielders.

Bird is not replacing Stanton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back