B: Brown Talia Lever
HB: Smith Hartigan Laird
C: Seedsman Thompson Sloane
HF: Lynch Walker Cameron
F: Betts Jenkins Knight
R: Jacobs B Crouch Douglas
Int: Menzel, Ellis-Yolmen, Henderson*, M Crouch
Emg: Grigg, Cheney, Atkins

* Unsure on Hendo's status after undergoing surgery. Depends how long it takes him to get up to speed. Throw Atkins or Grigg in for him if he's only operating at 90%.

Also probably in the mix in the selectors' eyes, especially if a couple of injuries pop up: VB, Mackay, Hampton, Milera, Lyons, Shaw, Wigg, Gore

Out of contention, unless a real injury crisis occurs in the offseason: Dear, McGovern, Doedee, Kelly, Beech, O'Brien, Lowden, Hunter, Ramsey

Out due to fitness concerns / injury: Otten, Jaensch

Just as a sidenote, I personally don't think we'll see Hampton appear in the senior side until at least round 5 or 6.

You just know one or both of VB and Mackay will sneak in there for Round 1 somehow though. Would puke if they're both in.

I think Sloane needs to be in the guts not wing. He's not overly quick, his kicking isn't great, he doesn't provide a lot of run and I think we could do we his hardened body and will around the contest.
Sloane provides a heap of run. Can do either role but gut runs with the very best. Pushes deep back and forward.

Sloane provides a heap of run. Can do either role but gut runs with the very best. Pushes deep back and forward.
Perhaps I didn't phrase it properly when I talked about lack of run. I agree he pushes back and forward and provides lots of gut running, which would also help him get to contests as an inside mid. It's more the run and carry which you see from the best outside players.

My Round 1 team, injury-permitting

B: Brown Talia Lever
HB: Smith Hartigan Laird
C: Seedsman Thompson Sloane
HF: Lynch Walker Cameron
F: Betts Jenkins Knight
R: Jacobs B Crouch Douglas
Int: Menzel, Ellis-Yolmen, Henderson*, M Crouch
Emg: Grigg, Cheney, Atkins

* Unsure on Hendo's status after undergoing surgery. Depends how long it takes him to get up to speed. Throw Atkins or Grigg in for him if he's only operating at 90%.

Also probably in the mix in the selectors' eyes, especially if a couple of injuries pop up: VB, Mackay, Hampton, Milera, Lyons, Shaw, Wigg, Gore

Out of contention, unless a real injury crisis occurs in the offseason: Dear, McGovern, Doedee, Kelly, Beech, O'Brien, Lowden, Hunter, Ramsey

Out due to fitness concerns / injury: Otten, Jaensch

Just as a sidenote, I personally don't think we'll see Hampton appear in the senior side until at least round 5 or 6.

You just know one or both of VB and Mackay will sneak in there for Round 1 somehow though. Would puke if they're both in.

I would not play Hendo in round 1, I would give him a solid month in the SANFL to build into the season

We have learnt from Hendo in the past that when returning from injury he needs footy under his belt to be able to perform

Grigg so far this pre-season is probably in our best 3-5 on the track so it will be interesting to see if this translates to NAB form

This injury is our chance to get rid of Hendo

His Hawthorn final was disgraceful. Should never play for us again if we're serious.

There are still some at the club who rate Hendo very highly in particular Noble

It will be interesting to see if and or how the pecking order changes once Pyke applies his lens

Has this been posted yet? If it has a second time can't hurt.

Riley "Guns" Knight
414091-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

There are still some at the club who rate Hendo very highly in particular Noble

It will be interesting to see if and or how the pecking order changes once Pyke applies his lens

Well the less we say about Sir David the better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before the Crow’s first NAB Challenge match I’d like to see a Probables vs Possibles trial match. I’d try a few things in the Possibles team as I would like to see how some players go in different positions.

Here is how I would have the matchups.

Assumptions: Jaensch not ready, Keath very underdone, Henderson, Hampton and Otten underdone therefore in the Possibles.
Probables kicking up the page, Possibles down the page.

Cameron Jenkins Betts

Wigg O’Brien Doedee

Lynch Walker Menzel

Shaw Dear Cheney

Seedsman M. Crouch Knight

Henderson Lyons Mackay

Smith Hartigan Laird

Hampton Lowden Beech

Brown Talia Lever

Atkins Otten McGovern

Jacobs Sloane B. Crouch

Hunter Ellis-Yolmen Kelly

Benches

Probables

Thompson
Douglas
Van Berlo
Milera

Possibles

Grigg
Gore
Ramsay
Greenwood

Not available: Jaensch, Keath

Player position tryouts: O’Brien at FB, Dear at CHB, Otten at FF, Kelly on ball as a tagger/cooler.

In the future:

When Jaensch is ready he moves to HBF and Doedee goes to the bench as part of the midfield rotations.

When Keath is ready he goes to CHB, Dear goes to CHF and Lowden goes to the bench.

I would like to see our SANFL team line up in the Possibles positions for a 4 to 6 weeks in the SANFL although it may be difficult for O’Brien to play as a KPD if the opposition do not play two big key forwards.

Thoughts ?

Before the Crow’s first NAB Challenge match I’d like to see a Probables vs Possibles trial match. I’d try a few things in the Possibles team as I would like to see how some players go in different positions.

Assumptions: Jaensch not ready, Keath very underdone, Henderson, Hampton and Otten underdone therefore in the Possibles.

Cameron Jenkins Betts

Wigg O’Brien Doedee

Lynch Walker Menzel

Shaw Dear Cheney

Henderson Lyons Mackay

Smith Hartigan Laird

Hampton Lowden Beech

Brown Talia Lever

Atkins Otten McGovern

Jacobs Sloane B. Crouch

Benches

Probables

Thompson
Douglas
Van Berlo
Milera

Possibles

Grigg
Gore
Ramsay
Greenwood

Player position tryouts: O’Brien at FB, Dear at CHB, Otten at FF, Kelly on ball as a tagger/cooler.

In the future:

When Jaensch is ready he moves to HBF and Doedee goes to the bench as part of the midfield rotations.

When Keath is ready he goes to CHB, Dear goes to CHF and Lowden goes to the bench.

I would like to see our SANFL team line up in the Possibles positions for a 4 to 6 weeks in the SANFL although it may be difficult for O’Brien to play as a KPD if the opposition do not play two big key forwards.

Thoughts ?

Grigg is in line for the probables so definatly not a bench warmer in the possibles.

Cameron Jenkins Betts

Wigg O’Brien Doedee

Lynch Walker Menzel

Shaw Dear Cheney

Henderson Lyons Mackay

Smith Hartigan Laird

Hampton Lowden Beech

Brown Talia Lever

Atkins Otten McGovern

Jacobs Sloane B. Crouch

Benches

Probables

Thompson
Douglas
Van Berlo
Milera

Possibles

Grigg
Gore
Ramsay
Greenwood

In the future:

Thoughts ?

The Possibles would get their collective arses handed too them. Not sure what that would prove.

Cameron Jenkins Betts

Wigg O’Brien Doedee

Lynch Walker Menzel

Shaw Dear Cheney

Henderson Lyons Mackay

Smith Hartigan Laird

Hampton Lowden Beech

Brown Talia Lever

Atkins Otten McGovern

Jacobs Sloane B. Crouch

Benches

Probables

Thompson
Douglas
Van Berlo
Milera

Possibles

Grigg
Gore
Ramsay
Greenwood

In the future:

Thoughts ?
Would be interested to see who is our next CHB, I'm not convinced on Hartigan. He played well in the first final, but would prefer to see some more talent - so the match up of Dear on Walker would be great to see.

The other one I'm interested in is McGovern on Lever; I really like Jenkins but just feel he is not a natural footballer, he doesn't seem to be able to play well unless we are winning. I would like to see him replaced by somebody better by the end of 2016. Dear and McGovern are the ones to watch IMO.

Cameron Jenkins Betts

Wigg O’Brien Doedee

Lynch Walker Menzel

Shaw Dear Cheney

Henderson Lyons Mackay

Smith Hartigan Laird

Hampton Lowden Beech

Brown Talia Lever

Atkins Otten McGovern

Jacobs Sloane B. Crouch

Benches

Probables

Thompson
Douglas
Van Berlo
Milera

Possibles

Grigg
Gore
Ramsay
Greenwood

In the future:

Thoughts ?

VB as a probable is depressing.

This injury is our chance to get rid of Hendo

His Hawthorn final was disgraceful. Should never play for us again if we're serious.

Hendo’s best asset is supposed to be his run and long kick, but rarely does he hit a target. He will just bomb it long and to put it in Dwayne Russell’s words, “makes it someone else’s problem.”

His defensive pressure is non-existent and he has no physical presence. He panics under pressure, and even when does get a lot of the ball he’s the turnover king along with VB.

Andy Otten is another defender I don’t rate highly. I know he’s been cursed by injury, but Otten should be insurance for us. We need to persist with Lever and Kelly instead.

The locks for our back half: Talia, Laird, Kelly, Lever, Smith, Jaensch.

Second tier defenders (depending on form, structure and/or injury): Brown, Hampton, Seedsman, Hartigan.

Break glass in case of emergency: Otten, Shaw

Never again: Hendo, VB and Mckay (eeeeeeeeekkkkk).

Note: Seedsman, Hampton and Smith can also be utilised on the wing/midfield.

Our back half start of the season...Talia, Hartigan, Lever, Brown, Laird, Smith, Seedsman.
Jaensch is at least 5 months away from playing AFL and would barring any mishaps comes back into the side after a month with the SANFL side.
Talia is a lock.
Hartigan is a lock in the backline for at least another year, no one else at this stage has his height, bulk and speed. Expecting him to come on again this preseason.
Lever is your third tall lock. Hoping to see him really expand on his attack from defence, needs to clean up his kicking disposal.
Brown is one who needs to add more attack to his repertoire. He is our best small lock down defender, but needs to hurt his opponent the other way as well.
Laird is a lock as one of your attacking half backs.
Smith will stay at half back and rotate with Seedsman up onto the wing, whether Knights or Grigg could play the other wing position and allow Sloane to play in the guts more.
Hampton is another one who may be a surprise winger next season. Adding Seedsman and Hampton has given us the outside speed than none of the below names have been able to do.

I can't see how VB, Mackay, Hendo, Shaw or Otten play again for the AFL side unless of injuries. Our SANFL side is going to smash teams thou if they are all fit.

Our back half start of the season...Talia, Hartigan, Lever, Brown, Laird, Smith, Seedsman.
Jaensch is at least 5 months away from playing AFL and would barring any mishaps comes back into the side after a month with the SANFL side.
Talia is a lock.
Hartigan is a lock in the backline for at least another year, no one else at this stage has his height, bulk and speed. Expecting him to come on again this preseason.
Lever is your third tall lock. Hoping to see him really expand on his attack from defence, needs to clean up his kicking disposal.
Brown is one who needs to add more attack to his repertoire. He is our best small lock down defender, but needs to hurt his opponent the other way as well.
Laird is a lock as one of your attacking half backs.
Smith will stay at half back and rotate with Seedsman up onto the wing, whether Knights or Grigg could play the other wing position and allow Sloane to play in the guts more.
Hampton is another one who may be a surprise winger next season. Adding Seedsman and Hampton has given us the outside speed than none of the below names have been able to do.

I can't see how VB, Mackay, Hendo, Shaw or Otten play again for the AFL side unless of injuries. Our SANFL side is going to smash teams thou if they are all fit.
Forgetting Cheney ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back