Essendon top up players - Who's available?

Remove this Banner Ad

really keen to see who they target, reckon there's a lot of guys that could give it a good crack and would be interesting to watch with an extended crack at it. should they focus on mature mids and KPD's? and a primary ruck

really keen to see who they target, reckon there's a lot of guys that could give it a good crack and would be interesting to watch with an extended crack at it. should they focus on mature mids and KPD's? and a primary ruck

Yep need all the big body mids we can get as for key backs I think we will be fine with Brown and Harltey. midfield and ruck is where we will struggle the most.

Reckon we'll go 1-2 KPD, 1 HBF, 1 mature ruck and 5-6 mids.

Would be surprised if Jordan Schroeder wasn't one of them.
He's been underwhelming while here, likely to stay down and be VFL captain I reckon.

Don't know what they need exactly but my bet would be something like:

Polkinghorne
Kelly
Crowley
C Jones
J Simpkin
Golby
Redden or Jamar

Less likely but possible:

O'Brien or Kavanagh
Tipungwuti
Marigliani or Magner
T Simpkin
Harper
Petrenko

A midfield of Kelly+Crowley+Jones+Simpkin+Magner+whoever is left on their list would be pretty tough to play against. Not world-beaters but tough.

That midfield would be as slow as a wet week.

That midfield would be as slow as a wet week.
Please tell me how many quick inside midfielders are around the state leagues right now? We'll have Fantasia, Merrett brothers, Laverde, Parish all running through the midfield, none of whom are slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please tell me how many quick inside midfielders are around the state leagues right now? We'll have Fantasia, Merrett brothers, Laverde, Parish all running through the midfield, none of whom are slow.

I was commenting on the suggested midfield. Bar Zerrett and what I've seen of Fantasia late last year, the rest of those blokes pose little threat to opposition midfields at this point in time.

I was commenting on the suggested midfield. Bar Zerrett and what I've seen of Fantasia late last year, the rest of those blokes pose little threat to opposition midfields at this point in time.
He was suggesting players that could be signed
Jonathon Simpkin
Tony Armstrong
Sam Grimley
Daniel Coghlan
Nick Rippon
Brett Goodes
Mark Jamar
Ben Jolley
PAUL CHAPMAN
Nick O'Brien

My chosen 10
Thank god you're not the coach then. Armstrong, Grimley, Goodes, Chapman and O'Brien?

Reckon we'll go 1-2 KPD, 1 HBF, 1 mature ruck and 5-6 mids.
do you think you'll end up playing goddard in the middle or down back?

how deep are you with mids on your list after the suspensions? would you be backing in the draftees like parish to play the majority of games and provide that touch of class?

while horrible spot it to be in, its interesting in its own right. Dea was solid all year on the HBF, could be ideal to give him a chance and a run of games.

He was suggesting players that could be signed

Thank god you're not the coach then. Armstrong, Grimley, Goodes, Chapman and O'Brien?

We get some ruck and KPF depth with Grimley who was unlucky not to be in a Hawthorn senior premiership despite his efforts with Box Hill. Armstrong is a wild card.

And there is speculation that Brian Lake will declare his hand on Fox Sports after 5pm.

We get some ruck and KPF depth with Grimley who was unlucky not to be in a Hawthorn senior premiership despite his efforts with Box Hill. Armstrong is a wild card.

And there is speculation that Brian Lake will declare his hand on Fox Sports after 5pm.
He'd be a good player to have, so long as he can stay interested. mature very experienced head that will provide some stability.

do you think you'll end up playing goddard in the middle or down back?

how deep are you with mids on your list after the suspensions? would you be backing in the draftees like parish to play the majority of games and provide that touch of class?

while horrible spot it to be in, its interesting in its own right. Dea was solid all year on the HBF, could be ideal to give him a chance and a run of games.
I'd expect we spread our 7 blokes with 110+ games experience over the park (Gwilt defence, Cooney and Dempsey forward, Bird, Zaharakis and Leuenberger middle, Goddard all over). I'd say we're looking at a couple of bigger bodies (Polkinghorne and Simpkin top of the list) as well as players like Coghlan and Rippon at state league level.

I don't think Dea will get a gig, doesn't really have anything that an Ashby doesn't and we have a lot of depth in that area,

Grimley is a limited player that got delisted despite Hale retiring opening up a perfect slot for him. Armstrong is absolutely horrendous.

Lake I don't have objection to, but the 5 I mentioned I'd shy away from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back