Opinion 2016 Best 22 - Best Twenty Two for Twenty Sixteen with our new Two + Two + Four

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Broadbean could find himself in Jonas' shoes from last year

surely the club doesn't have to resort to hand me down boots given we will be close to 70,000 members?

The Best 22 player whom due to others is squeezed out. Admittedly Jonas' from was gone, but I am sure you understand what I mean
Jeez ... I just don't understand either of your two posts at all! Not wishing to be be a "grammar Nazi" but the use of "whom" in the second one, almost makes it incomprehensible!

An article in the paper today has Shaun Hart suggesting that Toumpas will line up with Polec on a wing in R1. He says that he's a "work horse" who knows all about "gut running" and has made every post a winner in the pre-season.

If he's right...it's a very exciting time.

Only ptoblem is, most of the Tiser journos dont have a clue - eg. the sides selected by Chris McDermott look like theyve been picked by Winky Dink.

An article in the paper today has Shaun Hart suggesting that Toumpas will line up with Polec on a wing in R1. He says that he's a "work horse" who knows all about "gut running" and has made every post a winner in the pre-season.

If Polec good to go then yep round 1. But Toumpass? He would need to have a really good preseason to just slot in like that.

If Polec good to go then yep round 1. But Toumpass? He would need to have a really good preseason to just slot in like that.

Sounds like he is according to Hart. Would be a luxury being able to put White on for bursts of speed through quarters and probably prolong his career.

The most exciting part about that comment is actually Polec and R1 being used in the same sentence. :thumbsu:

The most exciting part about that comment is actually Polec and R1 being used in the same sentence. :thumbsu:

Polecat is back in full training now. He'll play at least one, maybe two NAB cup games and is a lock for R1 and the 2016 Norm Smith ;)

Think I have to agree with the Members pole.. most of which I voted for anyway ....
Neade Schulz White
Wingard Dixon Westhoff
Hartlett R Gray Polec
Broadbent Hombsch Pittard
Trengove Carlile Jonas
Followers .... Lobbe Boak Wines
Interchange ... Ebert S Gray Ah Chee Impey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly what Hart said in the article, verbatim:

"Wing or half-forward (for his position), I reckon. He's just an incredible workhorse. He just understands what Kenny wants and what gut running at AFL level is all about. I'm really excited about what he'll add to our group of running mids and certainly his use of the ball on the outside...I think he's setting himself up for an opportunity in round one also (alongside Jared Polec, who's recovering from a stress fracture in his foot)."

On why Toumpas didn't thrive at Melbourne:

"It's hard to know, isn't it? But during his time in the Port program, he's just taken every piece he's been asked to do and given everything he's got and that's what I've loved about him. He's brought a real team focus. It's not about himself; he just wants to do everything he can to make himself the best player for the team. I'm interested to see how he does go in our team now that he's been in our environment, having had leaner times than what people though he might have at Melbourne."

He also had the following comments to say about Snelling:

"He's just one of those blokes who'll just do anything to make himself an AFL player. We've been excited about the work he's done and his coachability. He's just desperate to play AFL footy. He's undersized but as you know, that doesn't hold you back if you desperately want it."

Only ptoblem is, most of the Tiser journos dont have a clue - eg. the sides selected by Chris McDermott look like theyve been picked by Winky Dink.

I sometimes wonder if CD did too many drugs as a kid

"He's just one of those blokes who'll just do anything to make himself an AFL player. We've been excited about the work he's done and his coachability. He's just desperate to play AFL footy. He's undersized but as you know, that doesn't hold you back if you desperately want it."
Lock him in as a legend in the making.
Everybody who knows him says so, therefore it is written. Snelling for stardom.
The pocket rocket. A fox in the box.

This is exactly what Hart said in the article, verbatim:

"Wing or half-forward (for his position), I reckon. He's just an incredible workhorse. He just understands what Kenny wants and what gut running at AFL level is all about. I'm really excited about what he'll add to our group of running mids and certainly his use of the ball on the outside...I think he's setting himself up for an opportunity in round one also (alongside Jared Polec, who's recovering from a stress fracture in his foot)."

On why Toumpas didn't thrive at Melbourne:

"It's hard to know, isn't it? But during his time in the Port program, he's just taken every piece he's been asked to do and given everything he's got and that's what I've loved about him. He's brought a real team focus. It's not about himself; he just wants to do everything he can to make himself the best player for the team. I'm interested to see how he does go in our team now that he's been in our environment, having had leaner times than what people though he might have at Melbourne."

What he really wanted to say:

"Melbourne. Lel!"

Think I have to agree with the Members pole.. most of which I voted for anyway ....
Neade Schulz White
Wingard Dixon Westhoff
Hartlett R Gray Polec
Broadbent Hombsch Pittard
Trengove Carlile Jonas
Followers .... Lobbe Boak Wines
Interchange ... Ebert S Gray Ah Chee Impey

I love this line up, but how people are putting Dixon at CHF instead of FF is beyond me. We want him crashing packs and marking really close to home and making defenders sweat. Sarge is best on the lead, have him at CHF.

Agreed. Charlie is a lock for FF. Big Sarge can take a grab and is a pretty handy kick from just on or just outside 50, easily our best CHF.

I love this line up, but how people are putting Dixon at CHF instead of FF is beyond me. We want him crashing packs and marking really close to home and making defenders sweat. Sarge is best on the lead, have him at CHF.
I have been looking at Dixon's games and I think he can play CHF. He can kick goals from 53 m out. this will free up Schulz at FB .. defenders will worry more about Dixon and could draw two of them in a contest.. time will tell how Ken will use Dixon .. will be interesting..

Neade Dixon Westhoff
Wingard Schulz Hartlett
Ebert R Gray Polec
Broadbent Trengove Pittard
Jonas Carlile Hombsch

Fol: Lobbe Boak Wines
Extended Int: Krakouer Impey White Toumpas Ah Chee S Gray

Totally agree..marking monster at FF/goal sq allows us to be long and direct particularly when under pressure and puts opposition defenders under enormous pressure. Plus he is a great kick for goal.
No brainer for me;
F: Schultz Dixon Wingard
HF: Gray Westhoff White

FF: Neade Dixon Schulz
CHF: White Westhoff Wingard
C: Polec Boak Hartlett
F: Lobbe Wines R.Gray
CHB: Pittard Trengove Broadbent
FB: Hombsch Carlile Impey

Ext Int: Ebert Jonas S.Gray Ah Chee Krakouer Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back