Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are innocent I was suggesting they are using the same logic as why would Dank give players peds
They probably think appealing will strengthen their buy we're innocent line.
Didn't mean to make it sound like I was having a go at you. Was having a go at that line of thinking which I agree they're probably working off at some level. <3

The domino at the head of the line is teetering. Lovett-Murray implicates Reid. What does Reid do? What can he say that won't throw Hird, Dank et al under that very heavy, fast moving bus?

Fun times ahead.

The current line of thinking is if they appeal without an injunction the penalty won't be reset at two years if they lose as they won't be playing while the appeal runs.
If this is true, and the fees are covered by the insurer why wouldn't they appeal on the off chance that it works for some of them.
None of them seem willing to put this behind them, lawyers have probably said the appeal increases their chances of getting compensation off the bombers as guilty people wouldn't appeal.
I know that's the same logic Albert used with why would PEDS be administered but hey its how they role

Probably told they can't sue the club for damages unless they exhaust all avenues of appeal.

The only people that will benefit from this are Watsons, so they can keep their brownlow. If the players really wanted their name cleared, they would admit it was a mistake and take the ban on the chin. At least that is the only way they'll win my respect at this point.
Yep and it all would have been done with and they would be back playing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Need more popcorn....

this is so good!!!!

I see it like this:

1. Three years of Essendon legal fights, 3 years of Hawthorn premierships
2. More Essendon legal fights, more Hawthorn premierships
3. ?
4. Profit ...

They still have a hurdle to clear. The Swiss court has to accept that their appeal has a proper basis.
I find it hard to see how it will given the paucity of everything they put out into the public domain and that anyone who doesn't stand to make a buck from court cases says it's a waste of time trying.

Such a pity that all these players learnt from Hird's leadership is how not accept responsibility for your own actions, always blame others for your own shortcomings, and never, under any circumstances accept any decision unless it falls in your favour.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still suspended unless they can gain an injunction to play I believe.

They don't want to go down the injunction route, because then all bets are off, and the suspensions start from whenever the appeal is heard, assuming the decision is upheld.

In other words, it's 2 years from that future date, rather than it being backdated to the start of last season.

They don't want to go down the injunction route, because then all bets are off, and the suspensions start from whenever the appeal is heard, assuming the decision is upheld.

In other words, it's 2 years from that future date, rather than it being backdated to the start of last season.
The backdated thing is such a crock.
Talk about giving them a headstart. How can you start serving your penalty until you are found guilty? No guilt. ...no penalty!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So now they aren't arguing they are innocent, it's more that CAS shouldn't have had a full hearing of all the evidence.

Remind me how Essendon fans, officials and players were so desperate for the truth to come out so they will be in a good place.

Anyone that still says they didn't dope on purpose are either a)Essendon supporters, b)The guilty players and officials, c) living if *ingg denial! These campaigners (including the players) deserve NO MERCY, NO SYMPATHY. FCK EM ALL. Appeal and give them a full 2 years please Swiss court. Always the victims, never their fault. Campaigners the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back