SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone wish you had the option of locking in your team before the NAB and in return you receive double the prize money or something along those lines?

I'm seriously tempted to just run 3 premos in def and fwds this year, surrounded by rookies. Would enable me to have wines at m5 and Libba at m6. Reckon wines could go absolute gang busters but can't fit him in currently.

I'm just concerned I'm leaving my fwds and defence a bit thin by doing that though.
That's how i'm running it but instead of Wines i got Shiel

I'm seriously tempted to just run 3 premos in def and fwds this year, surrounded by rookies. Would enable me to have wines at m5 and Libba at m6. Reckon wines could go absolute gang busters but can't fit him in currently.

I'm just concerned I'm leaving my fwds and defence a bit thin by doing that though.
Yeah I've tested that format as well, was pretpr happy with tbh
Will all depend on NAB and round 1 selecgions of course
Would you be looking at taking guys like Weitering, Francis, Simpkin, Cockatoo, etc at D4 and F4?

I have a 2 def (+Eski), 2 ruck, 4 fwd structure with my mids as Fyfe, Pendles, Gaj, Gray, Rockliff, Libba.. easy done. Just find your 1 risk in the back/fwd to enable it ;)

Not yet.
Can play, he played as a tagger/run with at times last year and don't know if he's fully shaken that role.
Had him in my draft team towards the end of the season and did well.
Reckon he'll up his 92ppg to 100 but is that enough for an M8 type youve spent 500k on?
Good pick for Draft sides. Not a relevant pick for regular sides imo.

Yep, it seems there's no point picking $400 - $500k guys when you can do your last minute form and start with more out and out premiums, and more rookies that will make more cash than the "mid pricers" will - and you can always jump on the wagon later, and be better financially...

Make $150k on a rook, or make ~60k on Viney...

20/20 hindsight will always prevail!

Opinions gents:

Initial thoughts are too many mid-ranged priced players (Yeo, Smith, Libba, O'Meara, Franklin, Breust), but I think they all have the potential to have big seasons.

Yeo over Rich?

O’Meara’s recovery – trade down and upgrade someone else?

Breust and Franklin – trade down and upgrade the other to Deledio or Martin, with cash to spare to upgrade someone else?

upload_2016-2-10_13-35-3.png

Last edited:
Been up since 8 working. Fresh as a Daisy.

651299-b4fefff2-d9c1-11e4-8461-b7104adad679.jpg
ouch. Shoulders make me feel sick. first dislocated mine about 1/2 hour out of mildura when I was 24. Had to drive me and sister (11 at the time) to the hospital. Problem was 15 minutes of that was corrugated dirt roads. Crikey talk about sore! :cry:

Yeah I've tested that format as well, was pretpr happy with tbh
Will all depend on NAB and round 1 selecgions of course
Would you be looking at taking guys like Weitering, Francis, Simpkin, Cockatoo, etc at D4 and F4?

Yeah I will probably be going a cocky / Anderson / Simpkin type and Francis combo if I go ahead with it.

Not sure I'll go with it, but I love the looks of the midfield. And currently they would be replacing smith and Sinclair so it's not like I'd lose a lot of points in the swap. (Assuming smith doesn't kill it of course!)

Opinions gents:

Initial thoughts are too many mid-ranged priced players (Yeo, Smith, Libba, O'Meara, Franklin, Breust), but I think they all have the potential to have big seasons.

Yeo over Rich?

O’Meara’s recovery – trade down and upgrade someone else?

Breust and Franklin – trade down and upgrade the other to Deledio or Martin, with cash to spare to upgrade someone else?

View attachment 213964

Pretty good effort. I agree with Yeo over Rich but I would be going with Brad Crouch over O'Meara. I reckon he is a safer bet even though both are risky, will average 90+ if he gets 15+ games imo. Not sure on Breust, he seems to average around 83 every year so I'd much rather spend some extra cash to get a premium forward instead. Think you're missing a trick by not having any of Deledio, Martin or Dahlhaus. Bennell is risky while those other three are much more solid picks.

Depends on how much cash you got left maybe something like:

Bennell>Barlow then Bruest > Martin, Deledio or Dahlhaus depending on cash and who you like??

Still overall a good team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have something called "Connect" which gives me a free ongoing HUN subscription. All you do is spend about 5 minutes a month doing a handful of surveys which you get points for which you can redeem digital subscription with. 30 points = 2 week subscription & 50 points = 4 week subscription. I've usually got 5-6 months worth of subscription points banked. Saves me $28 a month not having to pay for a subscription. The subscriber articles are meh, but the SC Live Scores HQ is worth the trouble. Works out better to just pay the annual $20 for SC Gold and use this Connect thing for HUN access.

View attachment 213916

View attachment 213917

View attachment 213918
Can you give me the link? cheers. gonna use this.

Would love some opinions.. I'm sure the main one will be Hartlett but he is my smokey to take it to the next level.

View attachment 213969
Lobbe on the bench is my main issue with this. You could clear up a lot of cash if you downgraded to a rookie. Why pay 390K for someone who is only gonna be cover if one of your rucks go down.

I have something called "Connect" which gives me a free ongoing HUN subscription. All you do is spend about 5 minutes a month doing a handful of surveys which you get points for which you can redeem digital subscription with. 30 points = 2 week subscription & 50 points = 4 week subscription. I've usually got 5-6 months worth of subscription points banked. Saves me $28 a month not having to pay for a subscription. The subscriber articles are meh, but the SC Live Scores HQ is worth the trouble. Works out better to just pay the annual $20 for SC Gold and use this Connect thing for HUN access.

View attachment 213916

View attachment 213917

View attachment 213918
how do u do this? I can't find anything on it

My cookie cutter team. Guns and Rookies. Two midpricers in Yeo and Smith.

I'd like to fit Libba in but it would be at Smith expense. If Smith doesn't play at half bank during NAB ill make the change. Also will depend how many DEF rookies show themselves as DEF is a little weak on rookies with most of them being low scoring KPD's.
Should find 3 FWD rookies other than Petracca and Kerridge so one or both can start on field in my MIDS and I can use their DPP.

Adam's a loophole swing DEF/FWD with Brown who will play games on the field at either D6/F6.

Plenty of VC and C choices. GAJ, Danger, Rocky, Goldy, Pendles, Lids/Martin, Shaw possibly.
Mitchell King as my R3 loopie.
Grimley there for now. Hopefully not required come round 1.

So I've pretty much locked away all my premos and half the rookies.
The rest are all placeholders. NAB will sort out the rookies and then we wait for the Round 1 teams and hope the rookies get games so it doesn't stuff with my structure too much. Happy times.

$93k left over.
upload_2016-2-10_14-2-50.png

Last edited:
Would love some opinions.. I'm sure the main one will be Hartlett but he is my smokey to take it to the next level.

View attachment 213969
I think the forward line is very risky, bennell has not had much of a pre season and is still not in full training. Jack martins shoulders are a worry schache is key position kennedy I'm not sold on his disposal is poor and conca I'm not really sure about. More premiums in your forward line like dusty montagna dalhaus are the go proven scorers. Hope that helps.

View attachment 213969
Seedsman, Polec, Conca.....I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

What is the theory behind having a 389k ruckman on the pine? I'm quite certain that money can be better spent. If you are sold that Lobbe is going to perform (I have him in at the moment FWIW), then roll the dice with him at R2. Needless to say having 200k+ extra to spend on your starting 22 will go a long way

View attachment 213969

Hartletts end to the year was sublime, but I feel Wines (as a cheaper option also) is a much better option. If you want to run with Lobbe do it on the field don't have him on the bench. Libba is better than Polec (unfortunately). Seedsman is at that price to tease but he is only a tease and nothing else.
I'd do less mid prices (Seedsman, Polec, Lobbe, Martin, Conca, Schache) and look for some cheaper rookies (Cockatoo, Jansen, Matheison) + more proven premiums (Wines, Shiel, D.Martin, Parker). #gopear

My cookie cutter team. Guns and Rookies. Two midpricers in Yeo and Smith.

I'd like to fit Libba in but it would be at Smith expense. If Smith doesn't play at half bank during NAB ill make the change. Also will depend how many DEF rookies show themselves as DEF is a little weak on rookies with most of them being low scoring KPD's.
Should find 3 FWD rookies other than Petracca and Kerridge so one or both can start on field in my MIDS and I can use their DPP.

Adam's a loophole swing DEF/FWD with Brown who will play games on the field at either D6/F6.

Plenty of VC and C choices. GAJ, Danger, Rocky, Goldy, Pendles, Lids/Martin, Shaw possibly.
Mitchell King as my R3 loopie.
Grimley there for now. Hopefully not required come round 1.

So I've pretty much locked away all my premos and half the rookies.
The rest are all placeholders. NAB will sort out the rookies and then we wait for the Round 1 teams and hope the rookies get games so it doesn't stuff with my structure too much. Happy times.

$93k left over.
View attachment 213971
Not much to criticize. It's a solid team.
The only concern, and you already seem to be aware of it, is with your rookie selections. Needing enough viable options to be selected Rd1. The possibility of having to select some higher priced rookies could mess with your structure a little.
Nothing you don't already know :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back