SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're nuts. He is Captain Clanger. No good, especially for Supercoach !!
I have faith in him, he'll get more of the ball, less clangers, and Port will win more this year. 85-95 average easily imo

Can you explain why you think Simpkin won't score well and Grimley will? Think you've got that backwards
I did not say Grimley will score well, I said Grimley will play a decent chunk of games and average 65 or there abouts and Simpkin will do less than that. Essendon still have a lot of midfield options still, Simpkin slots a very very long way down the list there. I do not think 223k is worth it because there is simple better options at that price.

If enough rookie defenders show up through NAB I think I will be sticking with this structure
Same :)
If I go a midpricer it will be Libba at M6 or Greene at F4.
Smith would have to show something to earn a spot. Libba and Greene have much higher ceilings and I'll be looking for a keeper out of one of them.

I just might. Tinkered a little dropping BSmith > Howe D4 and upgrading fwd rookie > Simpklin f4. It also allowed me to up a $117k rookie > Gresham. Quite like the balance.

Easy on Howe.. won't play in the real stuff unless there are injuries :thumbsu:

Currently putting together a side that looks very very similar to this..

You've mentioned the midfield is skinny but i don't necessarily think it is.. looks that way on price but Rockliff is capable of 120+, Libba will go 100+ and Ollie Wines having an injury free season could mean we see him push into the top 10 mids.. Obviously GAJ and Pendles are the rolls royces.. and should both go 115/120+

It's quite a solid team with 2 set and forget rucks.

Biggest concern is defence.. If there is no improvement out of Laird and Kolodjashnij paired with Bartel declining you could find yourself only scoring 450 from your defence some weeks. Smith can throw in alot of 40-60 games..

If you could find cash to Turn Bartel into a Shaw or Boyd your defence would look alot better, unless you're convinced Bartel is going to return to the premium he once was!?

I'd also question spending 600+ on Deledio purely because he has missed 5 and 6 games in the last 2 season's with niggly soft tissue injuries.

Overall though it's a side that should score 2100+ the first few weeks.
Cheers for the input

I'd argue there's potential improvement in Laird and particularly KK have room to improve. KK didn't manage to top the tonne in the first 7 weeks yet still managed an average of 90
Laird only went under 80 once after round 8, while he went under 65 three times in the first eight weeks
Improvement during the season is always a good sign with young players
Also KK played 22 and Laird played 21 games last year (laird only missed after the passing of Phil walsh)

Bartel averaged mid 90s if you take out his injury game. I'd take that from him, but I'm optimistic he could push 100

Smith I'm not sold on. Even his all Australian year he only went 93. I guess I'm hoping he'll show a bit in the NAB, or someone else his price does

Deledio averaged 115-120 after his injury. If fit he's the best forward there. I only need to see him play one NAB game to lock him in. If he doesn't I guess that's where some money will come to get the best rookies

The other thing is I'm not particularly fond of many of the forward premos this year. I'd rather have a look at Wingard and even Dahlhaus before picking them this year. Deledio however I know what I'm going to get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back