Roast Collingwood Supporters in love with Pauline Hanson thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still been up all night so can't focus on typing too much. Thank god for autocorrect on my phone.

Anyways I'm making progress. I have an appointment with a telecommunications ombudsman tomorrow and they're confident they can get me out of paying my contract which is great. I just hope I don't lose my phone number.

I'm also following up on my job agency in this area. Even though I think job agencies in general are useless. (They haven't worked for me in the past)

I got my youth worker to give me a $20 Coles voucher so along with the $50 I received from a generous poster on here :p I am going to be stable until next Tuesday which is my pay day. My youth worker also topped up my myki for me so I can get to places as I only had $4 left on it after travelling back and forth to my grandparents so they Can support me a few times this week.

Cheers guys.

Still been up all night so can't focus on typing too much. Thank god for autocorrect on my phone.

Anyways I'm making progress. I have an appointment with a telecommunications ombudsman tomorrow and they're confident they can get me out of paying my contract which is great. I just hope I don't lose my phone number.

I'm also following up on my job agency in this area. Even though I think job agencies in general are useless. (They haven't worked for me in the past)

I got my youth worker to give me a $20 Coles voucher so along with the $50 I received from a generous poster on here :p I am going to be stable until next Tuesday which is my pay day. My youth worker also topped up my myki for me so I can get to places as I only had $4 left on it after travelling back and forth to my grandparents so they Can support me a few times this week.

Cheers guys.

Your Youth Worker sounds like a Top Bloke

Cheers guys.

Well done on accepting help when it is offered. It is not easy to do.

Keep writing during this phase of your life. It has been helping you, and there are definite skills there you have.
Write your songs, write poetry, write what is wrong with the system and what worked.

You never know, you might turn into a blogger Constance Hall style...

https://www.facebook.com/Constance-Hall-1019711431407015/?fref=ts

I'm 21 in 14 months :(

I NEED A part time job, it's the only way i'm going to get out of this mess.

Why not full time? I don't know your entire situation.

Which area do you live in, no need for specifics, north, west etc. Might be able to suggest some work for you.

Not really MG. I'm more of a techie guy.

Pardon? Like a job agency?

Why not try and get work with a electrical mob that specializes in data.

Try and get on commercial site installing data and comms. The first year apprentices on these sites can make ridiculous amounts of money with overtime. And it's quite easy work. If you're tech savvy and know what a cat 5 or 6 cable or co axial cable is you're half way there...

Went to centrelink this morning and updated them about my current situation. All good, they aren't forcing me to do anything extraordinary which is unusual on the DSP, usually they want you to look for 1000000000 jobs a fortnight else they kick you off... Maybe some of them do have a heart.

Called the telephone ombudsman up yesterday, not a bright outlook, they won't waive the $422 I owe and are suggesting I just pay off what I can. I can't afford nothing!!!! he is gonna call vodafone anyway and see what they will do but Vodafone have said they are gonna cut me off their service on monday and then not let me back on until i pay the outstanding bill.

Sigh.

Went to centrelink this morning and updated them about my current situation. All good, they aren't forcing me to do anything extraordinary which is unusual on the DSP, usually they want you to look for 1000000000 jobs a fortnight else they kick you off... Maybe some of them do have a heart.

Called the telephone ombudsman up yesterday, not a bright outlook, they won't waive the $422 I owe and are suggesting I just pay off what I can. I can't afford nothing!!!! he is gonna call vodafone anyway and see what they will do but Vodafone have said they are gonna cut me off their service on monday and then not let me back on until i pay the outstanding bill.

Sigh.

Might be better to ditch Vodafone and just get a cheap pre-paid phone when you are able to?

Might be better to ditch Vodafone and just get a cheap pre-paid phone when you are able to?

I'd be devastated if I lost my number, I don't need another stress in my life.

Not to mention all the money I owe vodafone, I can't just ignore that. Would love to go prepaid, weather they wanna waive the $422 I owe and CANCEL my contract is another story. I doubt it.

I'd be devastated if I lost my number, I don't need another stress in my life.

Not to mention all the money I owe vodafone, I can't just ignore that. Would love to go prepaid, weather they wanna waive the $422 I owe and CANCEL my contract is another story. I doubt it.

Changing numbers might be the best option. Maybe agree to pay Vodaphone $10 per week and move on to pre-paid.

Changing numbers might be the best option. Maybe agree to pay Vodaphone $10 per week and move on to pre-paid.

Changing numbers would mean I'd have to tell everyone I have a diff number not to mention all the services like my dr and counselling that contact me. I can barely get out of bed at the moment due to the depression which I have, I'm hardly sleeping, and the least I need is one more stress. Heck, I haven't even changed my address since I moved.

But, whatever happens, happens. I can't pay them money if there is nothing there. Yeah, I have the same thought as you.... $10 a week else they can take me to ****ing court. I'm over it.

Changing numbers would mean I'd have to tell everyone I have a diff number not to mention all the services like my dr and counselling that contact me. I can barely get out of bed at the moment due to the depression which I have, I'm hardly sleeping, and the least I need is one more stress. Heck, I haven't even changed my address since I moved.

But, whatever happens, happens. I can't pay them money if there is nothing there. Yeah, I have the same thought as you.... $10 a week else they can take me to ******* court. I'm over it.

Fair enough mate.

Are you still trying to sell your car Temploar?
I know you said you couldn't afford the car sales ad but would you sell it if you could?

It's on gumtree, I haven't had any legit buyers yet.

The only thing that's ****ed me over is that the Rego expired last month now it's going to be hard to get people to buy it for market value / people don't like buying cars when they can't legally test drive it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's on gumtree, I haven't had any legit buyers yet.

The only thing that's stuffed me over is that the Rego expired last month now it's going to be hard to get people to buy it for market value / people don't like buying cars when they can't legally test drive it.

Is it an old car? You could just scrap metal it and pick up $200. It's hard to sell an old, unroadworthied car.

Sigh.

You don't have to look for jobs on DSP. It's not unemployment benefits. It's a pension.

You don't have to look for jobs on DSP. It's not unemployment benefits. It's a pension.

You do now. Anything to kick a poor disabled person off the pension these days.
I used to have to look for 15 a fortnight 'till i complained. Others are the same.

How old are you Temploar and what is your education background?

I'm 19 turning 20 in April and I left High school at the end of year 10 to pursue a career in IT but unfortunately it all came crashing down when my family problems and depression arose. I still have a Cert II in Computer Assembly and Repair though, but it doesn't mean much.

Is it an old car? You could just scrap metal it and pick up $200. It's hard to sell an old, unroadworthied car.

No it's a rather new car. 2009.

You do now. Anything to kick a poor disabled person off the pension these days.
I used to have to look for 15 a fortnight 'till i complained. Others are the same.

I'm 19 turning 20 in April and I left High school at the end of year 10 to pursue a career in IT but unfortunately it all came crashing down when my family problems and depression arose. I still have a Cert II in Computer Assembly and Repair though, but it doesn't mean much.

No it's a rather new car. 2009.

That's bollocks. The whole idea of granting a DSP is because the person can't hold a job due to disability or illness... so it's stupid they make you look for jobs.

Yeah that car is too new for scrap metal... you could take it to a used car dealer but he would probably bend you over.

That's bollocks. The whole idea of granting a DSP is because the person can't hold a job due to disability or illness... so it's stupid they make you look for jobs.

Yeah that car is too new for scrap metal... you could take it to a used car dealer but he would probably bend you over.

The car dealers don't want it for a legitimate price. :/ 5 of them bent me over backwards, i didn't get sucked in though.

But, whatever happens, happens. I can't pay them money if there is nothing there. Yeah, I have the same thought as you.... $10 a week else they can take me to ******* court. I'm over it.

Wouldn't going to Court cost you lot more?

What sort of car? Is it roadworthy? Good condition?

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer aspire. Luxury, leather seats, sunroof, subwoofer, built in entertainment screen and satnav, rear parking camera and aftermarket audible parking sensors. Purchased for $16,000 and current market value is about $13,000 however with the damage that's currently showing and the past repairs I have to knock off a couple grand

Roadworthy, decent condition. In perfect running order and never had an issue with it but has some minor scrapings on the left side and was in a repairable write off from the previous owner which is why no dealer will touch it. Has had everything repaired though and the chassis is extremely straight. My mothers mechanic even labelled it as the best chassis work he's ever seen for something that's been in an accident, but I understand the dealers point of view because by law they have to declare to a potential buyer that it has history and it diminishes the value for them.

Just over 60,000kms on the odo and I was driving it for 2 years just fine, got all the servicing and tires done. Kinda feels like a waste of money now to see nobody buying it.

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer aspire. Luxury, leather seats, sunroof, subwoofer, built in entertainment screen and satnav, rear parking camera and aftermarket audible parking sensors. Purchased for $16,000 and current market value is about $13,000 however with the damage that's currently showing and the past repairs I have to knock off a couple grand

Roadworthy, decent condition. In perfect running order and never had an issue with it but has some minor scrapings on the left side and was in a repairable write off from the previous owner which is why no dealer will touch it. Has had everything repaired though and the chassis is extremely straight. My mothers mechanic even labelled it as the best chassis work he's ever seen for something that's been in an accident, but I understand the dealers point of view because by law they have to declare to a potential buyer that it has history and it diminishes the value for them.

Just over 60,000kms on the odo and I was driving it for 2 years just fine, got all the servicing and tires done. Kinda feels like a waste of money now to see nobody buying it.

If it's a repairable write off that diminishes the value quite a bit. Doesn't mean the car isn't good just means that it's resale value is pretty much at the mercy of the buyer.

Also, basing the cars worth on market value isn't really realistic. Unless the car is immaculate for its age you also have to take off dollars for the price too.
What's the car insured for, is it insured for market value or agreed?

What is stopping your from working, if you don't mind me asking?

Do you have a current roadworthy certificate though? You can't transfer ownership without one so knock a few grand off if you don't have one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back