News Scott Lycett Dropped For Disciplinary Reasons. Giles To Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no issues with what the match committee, leadership group and simmo also...they would have discussed it at length I'm sure.

You have to slaughter one to save a thousand is quote I live by

He's been an example off ......ok so ther players may think twice about they tweet

Outcome is good

If this was shoved under the carpet what message does that send ....?

Meh. Lycett probally needs this. He will come out firing after the byes.

Our midfield needs this to.
"So you mean we gotta go get our own ball, and like put our bodies on the line and stuff? Geez coach I dunno. I just had my hair done at the fab new place next to subway and my finger's sore from all that twitter action posting about James and Curry's games"

There was a meeting on Sunday all players were meant to attend . Lycett didnt show up
Wow if thats it, sorry Scott, you're no good bloke Hodgey. Whatever it was must have been worse than Dustin 'chopsticks' Martin also.

Last edited:
Makes the away losses more bizziare...

Our losses to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th on the ladder? I wouldn't say that's a difficult thing to explain.

Loss to 17th this week and there might be an issue.

I think there are better ways to build comradery than to go out and get smashed and miss team meetings, if that is what has happened. The fact that only Lycett was suspended also suggests he did it alone without his team mates. Not much comradery there. Sure, all clubs have their issues; its how they respond to them that's important. The strongest teams always have strict rules around player behavior.
Heard Scotty was photographed whilst out by a member of the public so difficult to deny!! Not saying he would have of course.

Doubt it. Seems there are groups. Older players who mainly stick to themselves, mid 20s who hang out and younger guys who hang out with eachother. Not very welcoming of younger players
I've actually heard that Shuey goes out of his way to welcome new players aboard, so I guess it depends who you want to listen to;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard he was so mad after the game that he went home and cried for 30 mins then went on a FIFA 16 binge until 3:30am until he passed out because he was so tired, slept in, and missed the team meeting

I wish when I don't turn up for work my employer punishes me by suspending me from working.
He's still working, in the WAFL.
Perhaps like sending a top chef to a bakery for the weekend. Not your regular job but not necessarily going to be easier.

Can't wait to see Stef Martin stepping back from a ruck contest to rove one of Fraser's sic hitouts

That was odd, given Stefs high ceiling last year that he just rolled over that day. Hasn't been the same since. (add concussion also)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back