News Scott Lycett Dropped For Disciplinary Reasons. Giles To Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 257402

Im not even mad, so much truth to this.

It's now what modern footy is about

If he had a legit excuse for not showing up ...fine ...like car accident or family issue

But not turning because you got on the turps .......deserves a weeks suspension

We have to have standards that all players will adhere to ....I'm sure this will sink in for Lycett in the coming days and he will be better man for it in the long term and so will the club

So he got on the sauce and missed training. Seriously is that worth jeopardising the whole season as a loss against Brisbane surely will? I'm all for statements but for the love of god the club needs to start winning games of football. Lose this and Simpson should officially come under pressure.

Yes. Put simply YES.

Go weak and you may as well go home.

So he got on the sauce and missed training. Seriously is that worth jeopardising the whole season as a loss against Brisbane surely will? I'm all for statements but for the love of god the club needs to start winning games of football. Lose this and Simpson should officially come under pressure.

Rules and standards are ok to have, unless it's not convenient to enforce them?

Don't think that's the message we should be sending the playing group.

And Lycett isn't going to be the difference between winning and losing in Brisbane. If he'd gone out on the turps ahead of the North game there might be an issue.

Perhaps, but at some level the club has gone too far down the track of worrying about offield perception and not focussed enough on winning games of footy. Its reflected in our recruitment as well.

Yep I'm fine with Scotty getting his arsed kicked rather than getting hit with a feather .

What I don't understand is why Simmo is willing to continue to reward poor on-field attitude to the extent where some performances are causing damage to team structures, game plan and to some extent results. Surely the same stern message has to be sent to anyone not following on-field team rules week in week out?
What Simmos inaction does is tell the playing group that s**t performances will not go unpunished especially over half a season (looking at you Lecca). This type of inaction breads complacency and a sense of helpless for those busting their ass in the 2's. While many in the WAFL are not AFL quality dropping players not performing will send a strong message that no matter how good you might be, not putting in 100% will not fly and we would rather those with the commitment to the team to play instead. As a member it would rather this philosophy and lose game than have pea-hearted muppets getting a free ride.

What I don't understand is why Simmo is willing to continue to reward poor on-field attitude to the extent where some performances are causing damage to team structures, game plan and to some extent results. Surely the same stern message has to be sent to anyone not following on-field team rules week in week out?
What Simmos inaction does is tell the playing group that s**t performances will not go unpunished especially over half a season (looking at you Lecca). This type of inaction breads complacency and a sense of helpless for those busting their ass in the 2's. While many in the WAFL are not AFL quality dropping players not performing will send a strong message that no matter how good you might be, not putting in 100% will not fly and we would rather those with the commitment to the team to play instead. As a member it would rather this philosophy and lose game than have pea-hearted muppets getting a free ride.
Comparing off-field incidents like Lycett's with on-field is pointless. The difference is the players are certainly trying to perform but failing, whereas Lycett was just taking the piss. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, I'm sure Simpson is giving the required players a bake. Whether dropping certain players is the best approach is up to him (he dropped Jetta, so obviously he has his own reasons for not dropping LeCras).

If Lycett is the difference between us winning and loosing against a rabble in the Lions, I would rather we lose to shine a spotlight on the problem rather than paper over the gap.

C'mon, in this of all years, the 10 year anniversary of our "tainted premiership", where the media has dragged us through the mud, people actually want to let a young player party into the small hours of the morning and miss team meetings without punishment? Have we learned nothing from the past? This is for the good of both the club and Lycett in the long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can make a statement without costing the whole team. Make him stand up and explain to the team mates why he let them down by getting on the sauce and missed the autopsy session on Sunday. Hold off announcing a penalty, let him sweat on selection right up until the last second... then fine his arse. Giles and McInnes are s**t.

I've got no problem if they enforce off field standards, as long as they enforce them onfield as well. The problem is, they arent enforcing them onfield enough coz we have too many passengers who have been below par for weeks on end. One or two weeks is fine, but for a player to have had 2 good games out of 12 and still get a game is not right.

I suspect there maybe a little more to the story than we are hearing.

Whatever the case is an example has been made which the coaches and players need to live by.

How Scotty responds will be a reflection on his desire to be part of this playing group.

It's now what modern footy is about

If he had a legit excuse for not showing up ...fine ...like car accident or family issue

But not turning because you got on the turps .......deserves a weeks suspension

We have to have standards that all players will adhere to ....I'm sure this will sink in for Lycett in the coming days and he will be better man for it in the long term and so will the club
yeah its a bit immature and unprofessional and you woudn't expect that from a bloke in his 6th season.

I've got no idea why Simmo doesn't put the foot down on bad performances .Maybe he's happy to FTB and build huge percentage at home .

yeah its a bit immature and unprofessional and you woudn't expect that from a bloke in his 6th season.

I agree, I think there is more to this than just going out on the juice on a Sunday night. What I mean is there must have be something going on leading up to him saying yeah well heck you i'm going for a drink.
I would ******* love it if he had a go at his team and the coaches after Saturdays debacle.

Can make a statement without costing the whole team. Make him stand up and explain to the team mates why he let them down by getting on the sauce and missed the autopsy session on Sunday. Hold off announcing a penalty, let him sweat on selection right up until the last second... then fine his arse. Giles and McInnes are s**t.
Maybe he may have been fined only had he turned up for the meeting after having a night out on the sauce, but as they weren't able to contact him (as from my understanding he didn't answer his phone) then the double sword is probably what did it? Who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back